SWITCH EMF radiation

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

I'm getting increasingly scared about the things happening in the world, possible bombardment that causes radiation poisening for example, and want to improve my inviroment in terms of radiation. Has anyone measured how much EMF radiation a switch puts out. Since in handheld mode it is pretty close to the head it is important for me to know.
dkdkd.jpg

Last edited by Creamu,

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's probably not higher than from a phone which millions of people put on their ear for long periods of time.
Don't worry about it, the radiation from household items isn't even strong enough to damage cells in our body.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch isnt gonna cause radiation sickness lol. i mean, just think about it. Radio waves, infrared, visible light, UV, gamma waves, etc, are all photons. We can see visible light, it doesn't hurt us at all. UV only hurts you at the high end of the spectrum, and that's just a sunburn. Then, waaay below UV and visible light is radio waves. that, besides light, is the only kind of radiation your switch's gonna emit. why the hell would radio waves hurt you if all the other things that hurt you are super high energy, above what you can see, when radio waves are super low energy, below what you can see. Just doesn't make sense.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm getting increasingly scared about the things happening in the world, possible bombardment that causes radiation poisening for example, and want to improve my inviroment in terms of radiation. Has anyone measured how much EMF radiation a switch puts out. Since in handheld mode it is pretty close to the head it is important for me to know.
You probably should be more worried about your mobile phone.
Nintendo should be responsible for sore thumbs and tired eyes. You should definitely cut down if you suffer from that.

PS: there are tools to slow down the clock if you are interested to reduce EM radiation form digital circuits. Clock speed directly affects the amount of EM radiation that comes from the operations of digital electronics. Distance works even better, clock speed is linear impact, distance gives you ^2 drop.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Creamu

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Is this weird bait of some sort? Who honestly is scared they're going to get radiation sickness from a Nintendo Switch... If anything, you at least got a giggle out of me for asking this silly question.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually putting your switch in the microwave might be a good idea...once the EMP is about to detonate
You can't make the Switch into an EMP bomb. An EMP bomb is actually a bomb so your microwave oven is not likely to be able to hold it any more than the conventional bomb.

But that microwave oven is design to shield 2.4GHz so if you are concern about your BT and WiFi fying your brain then put your switch inside there is going to definitely solved your problem with 2.4GHz radiation. ( but since BT and WiFi won't work inside there you might as well just turn it off )

creamandjuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EMF poisoning is a story some wellness groups make up because they want to sell you EMF protection devices.

AFAIK, there is one creditable study which found keeping your phone in your pocket reduces sperm production, but much of the information online about EMF related health issues exaggerates said issues to mythical proportions. Just keep your Switch Lite on flight mode whenever you're not using the internet. If you want to look after your health, eat cleanly, exercise regularly and avoid smoking. Being paranoid will only waste your time.

Last edited by creamandjuice,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EMF poisoning is a story some wellness groups make up because they want to sell you EMF protection devices.

AFAIK, there is one creditable study which found keeping your phone in your pocket reduces sperm production, but much of the information online about EMF related health issues exaggerates said issues to mythical proportions. Just keep your Switch Lite on flight mode whenever you're not using the internet. If you want to look after your health, eat cleanly, exercise regularly and avoid smoking. Being paranoid will only waste your time.
That is why I carry a pager and only turn on my phone when necessary.
( actually I don't do that, but that would be a good solution )

Anyone worry about sitting too near the TV?

How about the food that we eat? I do think there is cause for concern how the food we eat may be very bad for us.

How about the micro plastic that is everywhere. :(

The latest trend is to worry about blue light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you