Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

GAWD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a new non-bundle red/blue off ebay for black friday. What are the odds this thing is hackable? Is it mostly the bundled units that are patched? Are there many vulnerable units still in the wild? Have my fingers crossed....

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a new non-bundle red/blue off ebay for black friday. What are the odds this thing is hackable? Is it mostly the bundled units that are patched? Are there many vulnerable units still in the wild? Have my fingers crossed....
1. 50.14159265359%
2. No
3. Yes. Something like 15 million, I have 3.

In all seriousness you are very unlikely to get an unpatched unit online from anyone that does volume. However on eBay there could be some scalpers that we’re hoarding them hoping for a shortage and now unloading them so just keep your fingers crossed.

You best shot is to be sort through the stock at a store, preferably a smaller retailer in a smaller town.

Reactions: GAWD

GAWD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys. I might have to go sorting then. I remember reading about an app that can scan the switch boxes and report if they're hackable. I'm having trouble finding it though. Anyone know what it is called?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys. I might have to go sorting then. I remember reading about an app that can scan the switch boxes and report if they're hackable. I'm having trouble finding it though. Anyone know what it is called?

You can use "SwitchScan" APK to know if it is patched and the firmware version. You can get the app from Play Store directly. I used it in the mall, and find it one safe.

SwitchScan: goo.gl/FnGnfp

See you!

Reactions: GAWD

Juare

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Serial:XAJ7003884XXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: Germany
Firmware: 5.1.0
Color option: Red+Blue
Store: Media Markt
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: August 2018

(Im not sure if i patched the console :) )

Brio

Trophies
Website
briomc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Spain
Serial: XAJ10033945636
Serial on device matches serial on box:Yes
Region: EUR
Firmware: 4.1
Color option: Bundle
Store: GAME
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Smash
Purchase date: 11-16
Fusée Gelée works: Nop

I can access to RCM(TegraRCMGUI) mode with Jig, but not work any payload, black screen, so i think that is patched

Last edited by Brio,

youngma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a little confused, I just received a switch for black friday.

The serial falls within the "orange" category. So if I try to exploit the switch that means there's a chance it won't work right? So if it doesn't work can I do a restore and set everything back to normal? At what step in the process will I be able to tell my switch is "unexploitable"? Will there be an exploit for newer switches in the future?

Thanks.

Serial: XAW1008111*****
Region: USA
Firmware: 6.2.0 (I updated accidenetely)
Color option: Grey
Store: Kohl
Purchase date: 2018-11-22

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a little confused, I just received a switch for black friday.

The serial falls within the "orange" category. So if I try to exploit the switch that means there's a chance it won't work right? So if it doesn't work can I do a restore and set everything back to normal? At what step in the process will I be able to tell my switch is "unexploitable"? Will there be an exploit for newer switches in the future?

Thanks.

Serial: XAW1008111*****
Region: USA
Firmware: 6.2.0 (I updated accidenetely)
Color option: Grey
Store: Kohl
Purchase date: 2018-11-22
If you follow tutorial in the beginning, it won't leave any traces on the console. Also since you updated to firmware 6.2, its not currently compatible with any CFW so you better hope its patched. That way you can return it for an unpatched console that's not on that firmware.

Reactions: youngma

youngma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you follow tutorial in the beginning, it won't leave any traces on the console. Also since you updated to firmware 6.2, its not currently compatible with any CFW so you better hope its patched. That way you can return it for an unpatched console that's not on that firmware.

Thanks. It appears that 6.2 has been exploited so I can wait until tutorials for that come out

I was looking in the spreadsheet and apparently one user's serial was higher than mine and was good. If he's telling the truth, does this mean mine is good because the number is lower? :lol: Mine is XAW100811XXXXX

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.10.36 PM.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. It appears that 6.2 has been exploited so I can wait until tutorials for that come out

I was looking in the spreadsheet and apparently one user's serial was higher than mine and was good. If he's telling the truth, does this mean mine is good because the number is lower? :lol: Mine is XAW100811XXXXX

View attachment 150143
Not necessarily since overlap between patched serial numbers is common hence why your serial number is orange; people in your range have reported both patched and unpatched.

D

Deleted User

View attachment 150143

I modded a XAW100813 with a Trinket M0 so you should be good. Load up an tegra on pc and see. Takes 30 seconds to find out.

youngma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded a XAW100813 with a Trinket M0 so you should be good. Load up an tegra on pc and see. Takes 30 seconds to find out.

:D that would make me so happy. I am new to this scene so I am going to do some research on what you are saying LOL... Also I updated to 6.2 (because I was unaware of switch modding in the first place) can I still find out?

D

Deleted User

:D that would make me so happy. I am new to this scene so I am going to do some research on what you are saying LOL... Also I updated to 6.2 (because I was unaware of switch modding in the first place) can I still find out?

Yes you can still check. You will need a jig or equivalent.

Last edited by ,

DarkerGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

This is mine:

Serial:XAJ100275...
Serial on device matches serial on box: not sure, I haven't checked
Region: Japan
Firmware: 6.0.1 - I've updated
Color option: Gray
Store: BIC in Kyoto
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: May 2018

I saw on the first page the serials beginning with XAJ1 are possibly patched. I haven't missed mine yet but I wanted to. Does anybody know if this would be safe?

Thank you

Last edited by DarkerGBA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe