Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Toddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
nah it's fine. its just the manufacturing year lol
not all switch lites were made in 2019
other switch lite pictures online back this up
Ow so 2019 was just the released year? I see, I'll do a quick research about all of this I think. Thanks for the answer.

Roxxx55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A serial with XTJ5... is definitely patched and not downgradable right?
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys a Serial with XTJ5... is definitely patched by Nintendo and not downgradable right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm a newbie and don't know where to check whether it's an OLED version or just a normal one

Well depends on what model you have, for V1/V2 unit you would get a core chip, Switch Lite use Lite chip, and OLED use OLED chip, assuming you have an OLED you need either an RP2040 Hwfly OLED, or an Instinct NX V6/V6S. Probably go with Instinct NX unless you can find older Hwfly V4/V5 chip.

Reactions: Roxxx55

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I'm a newbie and don't know where to check whether it's an OLED version or just a normal one
An OLED Switch would have white JoyCons whereas a Switch Lite would have both the screen and non-removable controls combined.

Reactions: Roxxx55

Roxxx55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks people for your help
Post automatically merged:

You can get the chip on Aliexpress if you can solder well, if you can't solder hire someone to solder for you. What you have ? an OLED?
Is anybody here from Germany who could do this? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Roxxx55,

Kralw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok...

I have the potential to buy a Switch.
Person record it as "Unpatched" but I have no idea what she actually did to confirm (or not) that fact
I got their serial #.
Ismyswitchpatched tell me it is not patched
Damota Checker tell me it is not patched
Right here on Page 1 I got a "Potentially patched"
The Spreadsheet here show all 0069XX being unpatched so

Also basically every search on Google provide me with "Unpatched" as most return a listing that mention the XAW10074 or below are unpatched (it also seem to fit with what the sheet is telling in here with every 10074 working and the 1008X being hit or miss)

Serial start with XAW1 006978

So the *only* place that make me hesitant is that forum right here...

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...

Person record it as "Unpatched" but I have no idea what she actually did to confirm (or not) that fact
I got their serial #.

Also basically every search on Google provide me with "Unpatched" as most return a listing that mention the XAW10074 or below are unpatched (it also seem to fit with what the sheet is telling in here with every 10074 working and the 1008X being hit or miss)

Only real way to know is to put the Switch into RCM mode and push a payload.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...

I got their serial #.

Back in April of 2023, a user reported a XAW1006592 as patched. This is why the first post on the forum lists XAW1066... as possibly patched. Now you are correct that on the spreadsheet, higher instances are reported as unpatched but that still doesn't discount that one user who had a low serial number as confirmed patched. This thread is where all of those "serial number checkers" derive their data from but aren't up-to-date with reports like these which makes this thread the most updated when it comes to all serial numbers. So yes, there is a chance your serial number is patched. It is difficult to gauge the likelihood but the ultimate test lies in sending a payload.
Then it's probably not patched. This forum was made in 2017 so it might not be super up-to-date.
Please do not spread misinformation. The first post was last edited back in May of last year so this thread is kept very well up-to-date, even moreso than those websites that claim to verify your serial number.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do not spread misinformation. The first post was last edited back in May of last year so this thread is kept very well up-to-date, even moreso than those websites that claim to verify your serial number.
My apologies. I didn’t see the “last edited” tag at the bottom, just the 2017 post date at the top.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im sending this, just for link
If by "just for link" you mean receiving notifications when a new post is made, you can just click the Watch button at the top right corner of the page. You don't need to post a message for this.

1708288452533.png

Kralw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks
Moved "down" found a XAW10062 which from everywhere is written as "in the clear".
Also ended up being 30$ cheaper *yeah!*.

Reactions: BaamAlex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol