Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
This guide may need to be updated soon. I got a model that has the serial number XAW1006592… and it is reading out 0x0000 whenever I inject hekate into it. I already made a full post about it on my profile, but for context: bought it brand new, never been sent into Nintendo’s repair shop. Essentially, everything about it says unpatched, but it acting like a patched unit :/.
Does the serial match with the sticker on the frame of the console? Did you buy it from a private person?

dcon03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the serial match with the sticker on the frame of the console? Did you buy it from a private person?
Serial number sticker matches the frame, also cross checked it with the original box and in the system settings and it matches those as well. It was bought in store, brand new; no private purchases.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide may need to be updated soon. I got a model that has the serial number XAW1006592… and it is reading out 0x0000 whenever I inject hekate into it. I already made a full post about it on my profile, but for context: bought it brand new, never been sent into Nintendo’s repair shop. Essentially, everything about it says unpatched, but it acting like a patched unit :/.

0x0000 mean it is patched.

dcon03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless you got a patched unit.
Yes, I don’t disagree with you there. However, I do think that this post should be updated to highlight that at or around the serial number of the unit I have is where the cutoff should be for unpatched units.

dcon03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the serial number on the switch match?
Yes, I checked it in the system settings, the original box and on the outer shell and they all matched up

Attachments

• IMG_6725.jpeg
    IMG_6725.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6727.jpeg
    IMG_6727.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hayato213,

dcon03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Conoesminombre

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Per first post:

Serials beginning with XKW and XKJ:
These Switches have the new motherboard revision called "Mariko".
They are 100% patched.
MY serial are xtj it works?
Post automatically merged:

Per first post:

Serials beginning with XKW and XKJ:
These Switches have the new motherboard revision called "Mariko".
They are 100% patched.
My serial are xtj its ok?

Riverpatroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm getting mixed results on checking my serial online if this is okay or not. I haven't found info if the updated FW applies the patch.

- This threads parent is YES
- damota checker YES
- is my switch patched com NO YES (Correction. I was mistyping the serial, thanks to @Essometer for getting me to look again)

Version Number: XAJ400014
Region: Europe
Firmware: 16.0.2

Is it safe to push a hekate payload and see if it will boot, a return of 0x0000 is "Computer says no".

Last edited by Riverpatroll,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting mixed results on checking my serial online if this is okay or not. I haven't found info if the updated FW applies the patch.

- damota checker YES
- is my switch patched com NO

Is it safe to push a hekate payload and see if it will boot, a return of 0x0000 is "Computer says no".

If you push hekate and it return 0x0000 it is patched.

Reactions: Riverpatroll

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany

- damota checker YES
- is my switch patched com NO

First of all, are you sure you entered your serial correctly on IsMySwitchPatched? It’s says for me that your serial is unpatched on there.

Second, what is your serial number in the system settings of your Switch? Did you buy it second hand?

Riverpatroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
First of all, are you sure you entered your serial correctly on IsMySwitchPatched? It’s says for me that your serial is unpatched on there.

Second, what is your serial number in the system settings of your Switch? Did you buy it second hand?
  1. :unsure: I was totally typing in the wrong serial, I included the '4' from the prefix. Thank you for your reply.
  2. It's a friend's machine and confirmed serial.
I homebrewed my Switch in late 2021 and I am just revisiting the space for my mate. I'm just not sure if the latest FW has prevented payload injection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1