Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Jikata

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, didn't have time to do a full reply.
Serial: XAJ700543XXXXX
Region: Europe
Firmware: 6.2.0
Color Option: Neon
Store: Gamestop
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase Date: December
Fusée Gelée Works: I don't know, I'm asking since I'm unsure and I can't physically see if it does.

MrGreato

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Serial: XAJ400358*****
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: EU
Firmware: 4.0.1
Color option: Red/Blue
Purchase date: December 2018
Fusée Gelée works: YES!

I believe my firmware is 4.01, but i didn't boot it up just did what you can see on the picture. Don't want to get banned, i did a lot if reading but just to be sure. If i buy SX OS, do a full back up, stay on OFW 4.01 then update to 6.2 on emunand and play offline on it. The day i want to play with my cartridge and update i'll be fine if i put back my orignal 4.01 nand right ?

Also, i did not launch any other homebrew, but the switch isn't patched right ?

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_133834.jpg
    IMG_20181231_133834.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
Last edited by MrGreato,

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Serial: XAJ400358*****
Region: EU
Firmware: Didn't boot it
Fusée Gelée works: YES!

I believe my firmware is 4.01, but i didn't boot it up just did what you can see on the picture. Don't want to get banned, i did a lot if reading but just to be sure. If i buy SX OS, do a full back up, stay on OFW 4.01 then update to 6.2 on emunand and play offline on it. The day i want to play with my cartridge and update i'll be fine if i put back my orignal 4.01 nand right ?

Also, i did not launch any other homebrew, but the switch isn't patched right ?

It's not patched, you're good to go hacking.

!!Backup your NAND before you do anything else!!

And you can quickly check your FW on a brand new unit by holding down VOL + and VOL - and then pressing the power button. Keep holding down VOL + and VOL - until you go into recovery mode and it will show you the current FW version installed. From there just press the power button again to power back off. (This is Nintendo's own Switch OS recovery mode, not to be confused with RCM. Different modes for different recovery purposes!)

Reactions: MrGreato

MrGreato

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not patched, you're good to go hacking.

!!Backup your NAND before you do anything else!!

And you can quickly check your FW on a brand new unit by holding down VOL + and VOL - and then pressing the power button. Keep holding down VOL + and VOL - until you go into recovery mode and it will show you the current FW version installed. From there just press the power button again to power back off. (This is Nintendo's own Switch OS recovery mode, not to be confused with RCM. Different modes for different recovery purposes!)

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Have a happy new year ;)
(I will edit my post with firmware info, it is indeed a 4.0.1, and the spreadsheet to help community)

JustAnth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial:XAW100807*****
Region: Canada/North America
Firmware:6.2.0
Color option: Grey
Store: shoppers drug mart
Was a bundle (if yes, which):
Purchase date: July 2018
Fusée Gelée works: I'm not sure about Fusee Gelee in particular, but I was able to inject a payload from 2 guides.
"A definitive way to test if your Switch is patched or not (purchases after 07-2018)"
and "Welcome to Switch hacking 101!"

I wasn't really sure where to find Fusee Gelee, but if those other ones injected properly, am I good to go?

Last edited by JustAnth,

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello

I'm looking at a switch console to buy and by the serial number it is possibly patched. It starts with XAW1008.
I went to the spreadsheet and there's one console that starts with XAW1008 as well and it's not been patched. So is it safe to say that the one that I'm looking at isn't patched as well?

JustAnth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm looking at a switch console to buy and by the serial number it is possibly patched. It starts with XAW1008.
I went to the spreadsheet and there's one console that starts with XAW1008 as well and it's not been patched. So is it safe to say that the one that I'm looking at isn't patched as well?

They're in the orange zone, may be or may not be patched.

Rngmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya guys, new to the switch community !

In my case, I have :
Serial:XAW400172XXXXX
Region: Canada/North America
Store: not sure as I got it as a gift
Was a bundle (if yes, which): wasn't a bundle

I really don't mind getting banned from online playing as long as I can put Atmosphere CFW and add games through SD card.

Thank you everybody !

YabukinoJoe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys,

Could you please add this to he Excel Sheet?

Serial:XAJ700412XXXXX
Region: EUR
Store: second hand (bought in the UK by the previous owner)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: 25th of Dec 2018
Fusée Gelée works:Yes! :)

Could you please also update the inital post on page 1 which says "From XAJ70040XXXXXX and below = safe, for XAJ70041XXXXXX and over : possibly patched" and confirm that up to the XAJ700412XXXXX at least are safe?

I've bought my console being really carefull about the serial N°, checking many many second hand offers. Then suddenly a good deal came and by mistake I've look at another line "XAJ4004600X and below are safe to buy" instead of the related XAJ700 one lol (I think I was too tired looking for a Switch with a good serial N° at a good price), ending with a XAJ700412XXXXX serial! When I've realized my mistake, my SX Pro was already ordered and it's been the 3 longest days of my life checking all the forums about the possibility of getting SX Pro to work on my Switch!

I would like to avoid this to happen to anyone else with a serial between XAJ70040XXXXX and XAJ700413XXXXX.

Thanks Guys! ;)

Knonkels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW1010XXX...
Serial on device matches serial on box: I threw the box away, I don’t know.
Region: USA/CAN
Firmware: 6.2
Color option: Red and Blue

Last edited by Knonkels,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've looked all over the internet for any Nintendo Switch consoles without the ipatches, and none of the ones that are for sale even state what their serial number is, anyways most of them are brand new with ipatches (and above 4.0.1) so they would definitely be impossible to hack.

Anyone's only best bet to find a console with a serial number that's hackable, would be to look in some second hand store. You'd have no hope of finding one on some online store such as eBay or Amazon, and even if you do, they're really expensive, they're like... $650+ due to rarity. If you're really desperate to find one, good luck! You'll definitely need it.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

goodolick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the newbish question. I have been reading a lot of the forums and am confused. My SN does not quite align with the table by the OP. Could someone please tell me if XAW1010005xxxx is good to go? My jig is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the newbish question. I have been reading a lot of the forums and am confused. My SN does not quite align with the table by the OP. Could someone please tell me if XAW1010005xxxx is good to go? My jig is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
You're in the gray area meaning there are serial numbers in your range that are both patched and unpatched. However yours is a bit on the higher end so its leaning more towards patched but no one can say for sure.

renjiVII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its been ages since I last posted anything on here and here is my NS model that I got in the mail today.

Serial: XAW101076XXXXX
Region: Canada/NA
Store: Eb games Canada
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Yes. The Nintendo Switch/Super Mario Party Bundle pack
Purchase date: Dec 25 2018

I was a bit surprised to see that the NS I got is the hack able version considering that its brand new from the store. I have not yet confirm the filmware or if the Fusée Gelée works as I am waiting for the SX pro that comes with the jig that I ordered weeks ago to come in to my mailbox before doing anything on my switch which is going to be awaile.

Edit:

I am a bit unsure now whatever or not if my NS is patch or not after comparing the two serials in the OP of the thread.

Edit2:

my NS seems to be the patched version but regardless, I can wait for a very long time like with the 3ds for an new exploit to come out and will still test using TegraRcm GUI to see if the sx pro is able to work or not.

Last edited by renjiVII,
Reactions: RichKK

Oicangi

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys,
I’ve just bought a new switch with the serial XAJ40037XXXXXX. According to the list, it is safe, right? Now I would like if the beatnik option is SX PRO or you would strongly recommend other options. I have been reading all the thread and I am a bit confused (linked to the fact that I am not an expert user). Glad to receive your tips and confirmation about safe serial number.

Thanks pals!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....