Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came back from trip to third world country. Out of the loop here. Why wasn't Atmosphere released in June like people said? What has happened?
June 15th was the date for Fusee Gelee and because Fusee Gelee would be useless without a CFW to go along with it, they were originally planning on releasing both on the same day. However, Fusee Gelee was leaked by someone else which caused all of the development teams to release their own version of the exploit which also untied the link between Atmosphere and Fusee Gelee. Atmosphere's status as a WIP CFW has not changed before or after the fact but now they have less pressure to finish it by a certain time.

cawalls_deep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible install an .APK file or even better android OS itself? I seen people got Linux running but I don't know how much of a stretch it is to android.
If not possible yet could it technically ever be possible?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible install an .APK file or even better android OS itself? I seen people got Linux running but I don't know how much of a stretch it is to android.
If not possible yet could it technically ever be possible?
You cannot install .APKs into the Switch because the OS (Horizon) does not support .APKs. You would have to run the Android OS first which is possible but not as useful as running Linux on the Switch.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

cawalls_deep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot install .APKs into the Switch because the OS (Horizon) does not support .APKs. You would have to run the Android OS first which is possible but its harder than running Linux because we have access to the source code for Linux.
Forgive my ignorance, but I though Android was open source as well?

cawalls_deep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you're right. In that case, Linux is ported because it more capabilities than Android. My previous post is now also amended.
"Not as useful" lol, I like the way you put that. So, it eventually could get an Android port or is there some hardware/software boundary? My switch just seems very tablet like and my current one can barely even run candy crush xD.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Not as useful" lol, I like the way you put that. So, it eventually could get an Android port or is there some hardware/software boundary? My switch just seems very tablet like and my current one can barely even run candy crush xD.
I edited that way because its probably easier to use Android OS than Linux because of the chip the Switch uses, but I can only surmise reasons why it hasn't been implemented yet. I have seen people asking for it and it just boils down to either learning how to do it yourself or waiting for someone else to do it. Unfortunately, there's no definitive thread on the progress for this type of project. While you can make one in the homebrew subsection, it might lose steam quickly without someone actively working on it.

Derpster25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Anyone tried using third party HDMI adapters latley (with SX OS? I am guessing it will be exactly the same results as OFW?)
I am tempted to try mine since updating to latest FW (rebrand KacoSata, not sure what board?)
Not all hdmi adapters work with the switch due to a specific encryption in the hardware so CFW would not affect it. Just order a third party dock that bypasses the encryption i have one coming in the mail that i got for 15 dollars from newfrog.

Reactions: LuigiXL

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Male Cable, will this do for launching the payload?
Yes

Will it be possible to use my DS4 controller on Switch without 3rd party hardware (like 8bitdo)? I'm using SX OS 1.3

Thanks.
I'm going to assume you meant PS4 controller. If you mean via homebrew, there are none that do this at the current time.

So No free game with all cfw out there? I just bought my switch so just wondering
By using LayeredFS to swap game files and executables, you can launch almost any backup you want. Requirements involve a game on your home menu (donor title), firmware of 4.1 or above, and being able to locate the remaining keys to decrypt your backups that you will load. Compatibility will vary based on the software development kit (or SDK for short) of both games as well as save file size. Read here for a more complete tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-layeredfs-for-backup-loading-what-games-work-dont.507510/

Reactions: Shakushi007

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've bought the SX PRO, will using the jig of the SX PRO damage the Switch in anyway? Especially, over time, if I use it frequently?

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've bought the SX PRO, will using the jig of the SX PRO damage the Switch in anyway? Especially, over time, if I use it frequently?
You can tire them down over time, but there is no point to use the jig frequently. If you really need to, you always can install AutoRCM.

Reactions: Erol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE