Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a non patched switch with SXOS firmware 10.2 emunand on SD as files.

I hear that SX OS will not be updating to 12.0. Is there a step by step guide to mitigating everything to atmosphere?

PS I have the jig and payload injector thing.

Thanks

refer to this but you need it as hidden format.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/frustrated-by-lack-of-good-atmosphere-tutorials-out-there.587702/ Post #14

Reactions: drag0n77

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file or at least what the CFW - sysMMC section looks like

Here is the contents of my hekate_ipl.ini. I'm unsure what you mean by "what the CFW - sysMMC section looks like".

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the contents of my hekate_ipl.ini. I'm unsure what you mean by "what the CFW - sysMMC section looks like".

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
Since you are trying to launch CFW on your sysMMC, we have to take a look at the settings for that launch profile which is aptly named CFW sysMMC (its the second one from the top). Try adding a line underneath that entry with "atmosphere=1" but without the quotation marks.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since you are trying to launch CFW on your sysMMC, we have to take a look at the settings for that launch profile which is aptly named CFW sysMMC (its the second one from the top). Try adding a line underneath that entry with "atmosphere=1" but without the quotation marks.

I added the line, but it does just the same. It shows me the Hekate boot logo, then it just goes to black.

I guess I could always just perform a "factory reset" and start completely from scratch. It's not like I got a lot of data to loose.

@Pokepicker sysnand firmware?
Sysnand is 3.0.0. Earlier I was using Hekate 5.5.1 (I believe), with no issues. As the SD card crashed I figured I would take the opportunity to update Hekate and prepare for 12.0.0. I'm guessing newer of Hekate should support 3.0.0, just as older ones?

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Draxzelex @Hayato213

Hmmm. I did a factory reset of the Switch and started from scratch.

I boot into stock sysnand 3.0.0, setup the wifi connection as need be to connect to Pegaswitch. I'm brought to the Pegaswitch site, tap the HB icon and get the Success prompt.

It then asks me to press HOME and open the Albums app. Upon opening the Album app I get an error 2162-0002.

My SD card
54XgyZP.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex @Hayato213

Hmmm. I did a factory reset of the Switch and started from scratch.

I boot into stock sysnand 3.0.0, setup the wifi connection as need be to connect to Pegaswitch. I'm brought to the Pegaswitch site, tap the HB icon and get the Success prompt.

It then asks me to press HOME and open the Albums app. Upon opening the Album app I get an error 2162-0002.

My SD card
54XgyZP.jpg

I think it has to do with Atmosphere 0.19.1, check the change log on the github.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think it has to do with Atmosphere 0.19.1, check the change log on the github.

I'm fairly nooby, so I don't really know what you want me to look for.
I tried placing Hekate 5.5.1 files on the SD instead of the newer 5.5.5 version. I get the same error when hitting the "Album" app.

I don't see why I can't make any progress. I'm still running sysMMC 3.0.0, and tried both newer Hekate and the older version I believe I used earlier. I haven't made any changes to the system itself.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly nooby, so I don't really know what you want me to look for.
I tried placing Hekate 5.5.1 files on the SD instead of the newer 5.5.5 version. I get the same error when hitting the "Album" app.

I don't see why I can't make any progress. I'm still running sysMMC 3.0.0, and tried both newer Hekate and the older version I believe I used earlier. I haven't made any changes to the system itself.

There was a problem with Atmosphere 0.19.1 when booting 2.0.0 to 4.1.0 , pretty sure that causing your problems.
Screenshot_20210430-205958_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Pokepicker

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There was a problem with Atmosphere 0.19.1 when booting 2.0.0 to 4.1.0 , pretty sure that causing your problems.View attachment 260965

Thanks allot. I tried downloading the latest version of Atmos. The one stating the black screen was fixed. But it was not.

I found the actual folder of SD files I used the first time around. It's running Hekate 5.5.1 and I'm assuming an older version of Atmos. These worked perfectly.

Edit: Working my way into the future. Updated Hekate to 5.5.5, keeping the old atmos. After this I made an emuMMC of my 3.0.0 sysMMC. Booted into emuMMC and updated it to 12.0.0. Then I installed the newest version of atmos.

Haven't gotten around to do much testing, but it seems to be working as expected.

Last edited by Pokepicker,
Reactions: Hayato213

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a couple of misunderstandings but I will clarify them for you. Firstly, the site has not been taken down. Ever since its release, the website has gone down from time to time meaning this has nothing to do with the recent legal action. If anything, it may have made the site more unstable but not to the point that its been removed. Secondly, the rules of GBATemp prohibit the sharing of SX OS as it contains copyrighted material in its code. Thirdly, since TX has not updated their CFW in over 4 months now, it is highly unlikely that there will be anymore support similar to Gateway. Therefore it is recommended to setup Atmosphere in the meantime which many others have already done so.
Sorry I forgot about about tha and I forgot that SX/cfw was apart of the things not to ask for here.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to update my switch to 12.0.0

Current firmware: 10.2.0 AMS M19.2/S

So I first updated atmosphere and sigpatches from here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...te-fss0-fusee-primary-fusee-secondary.571543/

and also added those from last page:
If anyone update to Atmosphère 1.19.2 you will need the attached sigpatches.

The atmosphère folder should be copied to the one on the SD Card Root and the bootloader\patches.ini file merged to the existing one or replacing it.

Like always I first boot my switch like that to see if everything still works. I used fusee-primary.
Switch boots up games seem to still work and the homebrew apps I tried do too.

BUT the next step is to update using ChoiDujourNX to update. But the app instant crashes on opening.

I even tried putting a new clean version of ChoiDujourNX on the SD, but same result app stoped working and it returns to homescreen.

Any advise? Kind of in a pickle here.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to update my switch to 12.0.0

Current firmware: 10.2.0 AMS M19.2/S

So I first updated atmosphere and sigpatches from here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...te-fss0-fusee-primary-fusee-secondary.571543/

and also added those from last page:

Like always I first boot my switch like that to see if everything still works. I used fusee-primary.
Switch boots up games seem to still work and the homebrew apps I tried do too.

BUT the next step is to update using ChoiDujourNX to update. But the app instant crashes on opening.

I even tried putting a new clean version of ChoiDujourNX on the SD, but same result app stoped working and it returns to homescreen.

Any advise? Kind of in a pickle here.
You should use Daybreak to update instead of Choi. It comes with Atmosphere.

Reactions: impeeza

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the best kind of first noob day today: spent about 6 hours reformatting an SD card and starting from scratch trying to troubleshoot why my screen was going black after the Atmosphere/Switch boot before I found out it was a known bug on Atmosphere 19.1, so that was fun.

Now I’m in a weird spot, as I want to update from 4.1.0 using emuMMC as recommended, but after following all the instructions for adding patching folders and modifying the hekate IPL, all of my emuMMC-based launch options in Hekate 5.5.5 repeat their old black screen after the Atmosphere and Nintendo Switch screens appear and fade. All of my sysMMC options load totally fine!

I used the github Hekate patch package from 20 days ago (ITJ’s), and then the zip from a page back in this thread. I’m completely confused as to what could be causing the EmuMMC issues when I know I had it working earlier in the day (saw an E next to version number in system menu; now can only load S).

Hopefully there’s an easy fix to this specific problem I’m just not aware of, because otherwise I’m starting to feel burned out after a day like this. Any guidance on where to start troubleshooting would be hugely appreciated!

Last edited by BaxterTest,

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Me again, OK as mentioned hardware modded v2 switch, has sx os already but looking at this guide to migrate to atmosphere I'm still confused on what to do. Is there a video where I can watch some one doing this?, I know guides are the best but if I can get the feeling of what is done I may understand better

https://gbatemp.net/threads/frustrated-by-lack-of-good-atmosphere-tutorials-out-there.587702/

Again can I have SX OS and atmosphere on the switch, and just pick which cfw to run at boot up

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my switch's wifi sorks on stock fw but not on cfw?
please note yes my switch is banned
Did you enable dns.mitm via Atmospehre?

Had the best kind of first noob day today: spent about 6 hours reformatting an SD card and starting from scratch trying to troubleshoot why my screen was going black after the Atmosphere/Switch boot before I found out it was a known bug on Atmosphere 19.1, so that was fun.

Now I’m in a weird spot, as I want to update from 4.1.0 using emuMMC as recommended, but after following all the instructions for adding patching folders and modifying the hekate IPL, all of my emuMMC-based launch options in Hekate 5.5.5 repeat their old black screen after the Atmosphere and Nintendo Switch screens appear and fade. All of my sysMMC options load totally fine!
Let me what your hekate_ipl.ini file looks like so I can compare the emuMMC launch options to the sysMMC equivalents.
Me again, OK as mentioned hardware modded v2 switch, has sx os already but looking at this guide to migrate to atmosphere I'm still confused on what to do. Is there a video where I can watch some one doing this?, I know guides are the best but if I can get the feeling of what is done I may understand better

https://gbatemp.net/threads/frustrated-by-lack-of-good-atmosphere-tutorials-out-there.587702/

Again can I have SX OS and atmosphere on the switch, and just pick which cfw to run at boot up
The tutorial I linked you is sufficient. You should avoid any and all video guides as not only are they outdated the moment they are published but are also not made by any trusted scene members. Just take your time and read each step carefully. If you have any questions, post them in that thread.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually never mind the hekate_ipl.ini file. I'm assuming your sysMMC's firmware is higher than 4.1 correct? If so, that explains the issue you're having. Apparently, Atmosphere version 0.19.1 has an issue booting firmware versions 2.0-4.1 which was fixed in 0.19.2 so I think you should give that a try before doing anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back