Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually never mind the hekate_ipl.ini file. I'm assuming your sysMMC's firmware is higher than 4.1 correct? If so, that explains the issue you're having. Apparently, Atmosphere version 0.19.1 has an issue booting firmware versions 2.0-4.1 which was fixed in 0.19.2 so I think you should give that a try before doing anything else.

That was actually the big a-ha moment I had at about 5 and a half hours in today! But now I have this problem of the sysMMCs working and the emuMMCs not. I tried to get it all in one post above, but the site kept telling me I was spamming or saying something inappropriate, so I got the rest of my story in by edits up there.

EDIT: This is a basically untouched system from 2018 I've been meaning to do something with for awhile. It's definitely sitting at 4.1.0, and has been since purchase.

EDIT 2: To clarify, yeah, 19.2 is a part of my process now. It's what's causing the bifurcation problem, though.

Last edited by BaxterTest,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was actually the big a-ha moment I had at about 5 and a half hours in today! But now I have this problem of the sysMMCs working and the emuMMCs not. I tried to get it all in one post above, but the site kept telling me I was spamming or saying something inappropriate, so I got the rest of my story in by edits up there.

EDIT: This is a basically untouched system from 2018 I've been meaning to do something with for awhile. It's definitely sitting at 4.1.0, and has been since purchase.

EDIT 2: To clarify, yeah, 19.2 is a part of my process now. It's what's causing the bifurcation problem, though.
Well I checked the hekate_ipl.ini file and everything seems alright. What does your emummc.ini file look like?

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I forgot to ask this earlier but how did you create the emuMMC partition?
Followed the .homebrew.guide instructions to the letter every time - took a 128gb SD card formatted to FAT32, put it in Hekate and had it partition a separate ~30gb for the emuMMC, then used Hekate's menu buttons to create the emulated MMC.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the .homebrew.guide instructions to the letter every time - took a 128gb SD card formatted to FAT32, put it in Hekate and had it partition a separate ~30gb for the emuMMC, then used Hekate's menu buttons to create the emulated MMC.
Alright modify the sector line in the emummc.ini file. Change it to 0x2 so the line will look like "sector=0x2" but without the quotation marks.

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright modify the sector line in the emummc.ini file. Change it to 0x2 so the line will look like "sector=0x2" but without the quotation marks.
Now, the Hekate boot logo pops up, but the screen goes dark after. I press power, and it boots into OFW 4.1.0. Hard power off, RCM back into Hekate - same behavior.

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know its OFW?
If I'm guessing right that OFW is official or original firmware, it's showing up with no S or E modifiers, just like it does on a normal clean boot - 4.1.0, in the system menu. I bought the console, played Zelda for a couple of weeks (no firmware update, no internet ever connected), and kind of shelved it until now. It's a pretty clean unit.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm guessing right that OFW is official or original firmware, it's showing up with no S or E modifiers, just like it does on a normal clean boot - 4.1.0, in the system menu. I bought the console, played Zelda for a couple of weeks (no firmware update, no internet ever connected), and kind of shelved it until now. It's a pretty clean unit.
Is there anything on the emuMMC partition that you feel is worth saving? If you don't, it might be easier to just remake the emuMMC partition entirely in the hopes of getting it to work.

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything on the emuMMC partition that you feel is worth saving? If you don't, it might be easier to just remake the emuMMC partition entirely in the hopes of getting it to work.
Nothing worth saving at all - brand new setup. Thing is, I tried formatting / starting from scratch with the emuMMC a few times already before posting - could I be doing something wrong in the formatting, not clearing off something from the prior emuMMC?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing worth saving at all - brand new setup. Thing is, I tried formatting / starting from scratch with the emuMMC a few times already before posting - could I be doing something wrong in the formatting, not clearing off something from the prior emuMMC?
Potentially. For example, formatting the SD card does not actually wipe the partitions already installed. For that reason, I recommend using a tool such as gparted to remove the partitions in case you haven't already. You also mentioned you downloaded a zip file from this thread. Unless it was from this site, I recommend using the files from SDSetup mostly because it is what I personally use so I know they work especially because I also use emuMMC.

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Potentially. For example, formatting the SD card does not actually wipe the partitions already installed. For that reason, I recommend using a tool such as gparted to remove the partitions in case you haven't already. You also mentioned you downloaded a zip file from this thread. Unless it was from this site, I recommend using the files from SDSetup mostly because it is what I personally use so I know they work especially because I also use emuMMC.

Working on gparted now (had been using rufus), and completely got mixed up on the zip file - it wasn't from this thread, but the "
Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee-primary & fusee-secondary)" thread. I was following the "new" instructions from ShadowOne333 (posted this past Wednesday), since I was making a fresh install of Atmosphere anyway:

To everyone that's been having issues booting certain games, updates or DLC:

Please, make sure you know if you are using either fusee-primary or fusee-secondary, this is important to determine whether one set could be wrong, or both.

Once you know which one you are using, make a fresh install of Atmosphere, and then start using one set of patches. For example:

0) First off, try changing your payload. If you are using primary, try booting secondary, and viceversa, then try the games again. If they fail in the same way, then continue.

1) Be ABSOLUTELY sure you know if you're using primary or secondary. You can tell which one you're booting from the hekate_ipl.ini or from the payload you send to the Switch.
2) Make a fresh install of Atmosphere on your SD.
3) Download one of these three set of patches, depending on if you're using primary or secondary:
a) The pack in this thread
b) Patches by exhumer: https://github.com/eXhumer/patches/releases
c) Patches by iTotalJustice: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
4) Once you select ONLY ONE of those packs, and copy them over to your SD.
5) Boot your Switch, test the faulty games and see if they work.
6) If they work, great! If not, repeat steps 2-6, but changing the sigpatches pack to the next one.

If your games work under a certain pack and/or payload type (primary vs. secondary), be sure to let us know, so we can start pinpointing the issue.

EDIT: Deleted partitions in a format, started from scratch on that front (theoretically), moved the SD folders from SDSetup over, moved the new Atmosphere 19.2 folders over (but no thread pack or github patches this time), injected Hekate, partitioned card, created emuMMC, went straight to run, and it played through the logos again til Nintendo Switch, then the screen went dark and stayed that way. Power off for 10 seconds, inject Hekate again, Hekate screen, then the screen went dark and stayed that way. Touched power, and booted into "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. Power off, RCM, inject Hekate one more time, and it's like Hekate just doesn't want to happen anymore. Press the power button, and it's right back into "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. Feels like the patches were definitely making a difference, but something's keeping me from getting emuMMC working with the patches.

EDIT 2: Just tried using the newest TegraExplorer (25 days ago) to format a single Fat32 partition, then repeated the steps listed above after "started from scratch on that front," including using Hekate to make the partition split again (vs TegraExplorer, which I just had reformat the card as a single FAT32 partition).- and an emuMMC launch attempt gets through the Atmosphere logo, Nintendo Switch logo, and goes dark screen. Hekate injection leads to hekate logo screen, screen going dark again, "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. I'm hitting a brick wall, but definitely open to suggestions as to what could be going on here (or if I could be running into a new bug like the atmosphere 19.1 one that was messing with me for most of the day today).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on gparted now (had been using rufus), and completely got mixed up on the zip file - it wasn't from this thread, but the "
Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee-primary & fusee-secondary)" thread. I was following the "new" instructions from ShadowOne333 (posted this past Wednesday), since I was making a fresh install of Atmosphere anyway:

EDIT: Deleted partitions in a format, started from scratch on that front (theoretically), moved the SD folders from SDSetup over, moved the new Atmosphere 19.2 folders over (but no thread pack or github patches this time), injected Hekate, partitioned card, created emuMMC, went straight to run, and it played through the logos again til Nintendo Switch, then the screen went dark and stayed that way. Power off for 10 seconds, inject Hekate again, Hekate screen, then the screen went dark and stayed that way. Touched power, and booted into "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. Power off, RCM, inject Hekate one more time, and it's like Hekate just doesn't want to happen anymore. Press the power button, and it's right back into "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. Feels like the patches were definitely making a difference, but something's keeping me from getting emuMMC working with the patches.

EDIT 2: Just tried using the newest TegraExplorer (25 days ago) to format a single Fat32 partition, then repeated the steps listed above after "started from scratch on that front," including using Hekate to make the partition split again (vs TegraExplorer, which I just had reformat the card as a single FAT32 partition).- and an emuMMC launch attempt gets through the Atmosphere logo, Nintendo Switch logo, and goes dark screen. Hekate injection leads to hekate logo screen, screen going dark again, "normal" non-CFW 4.1.0. I'm hitting a brick wall, but definitely open to suggestions as to what could be going on here (or if I could be running into a new bug like the atmosphere 19.1 one that was messing with me for most of the day today).
Have you tried to see if the SD card is fake or not?

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I'm, on hekate v5.5.5 and the latest athmosphere, with the latest patches and can't boot into athsmophere anymore after upgrading to 12.0.1. and I'm getting the following error:

"missing default patch for kip"

Upgrade has been done as described in: https://rentry.co/UpgradeDowngrade

and I still get that error. I also reinstalled athmosphere with the latest sig patches based on:

latest ITotalJustice patches with the tag 12.0.0-0.19.1

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.19.2

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v5.5.5

And I still get the error.

I can run hekate, no issues, I can also run the SYSNAND, but emunand 12.0.1 gives me problem. How to fix this?
Also, before upgrading everything worked fine.

What could the issue be?

BaxterTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to see if the SD card is fake or not?
Seems to pass the tests I'm finding online - purchased in-person brand new at a Best Buy in 2019 or so for purposes of doing this, and hadn't touched it since. Write speed test and capacity checks out. EDIT: It's a Samsung 128 EVO Plus, Class 3.

Considering how "blank slate" my system / setup is (I haven't even made it to the point of attempting to run a homebrew yet - just been trying to get this card set up for booting into emuMMC without issue from a basically stock 4.1.0 unpatched system, on which Zelda was played for a couple of hours without updates), I'm a perfect test case for debugging if this turns out to be some sort of new bug, if people want to throw (safe) suggestions at me to try.

I'm down for all sorts of work attempts, and good at following instructions (or doing a little research on top for the basic stuff I don't know, if necessary).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new Pepsi lime it just taste like pepsi
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    With lime, right?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just pepsi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's D-Days 80th anniversary today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I drink the Coke with lime all the time, in my Spiced rum (Captain Morgans) I hate pepsi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably better just to jizz a lime squeeze inside it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    volvic > anything else
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My piss is water
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That looks like the router i just got from microcenter. Spectrum wanted to charge me $7 a month for a wifi router, so I said no thank you and just bought one, I paid like $65 tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Linksys?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea its Linksys, but not sure if same model, has 4 antennas
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6gbps and two usb ports that supports ntfs is pretty solid dont care if it's reconditioned for $55
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just trying to figure out if it's vpn supported
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could probably set it up like a nas device
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    TP your router
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Unless @Psionic Roshambo can convince me to spend $100 on a better option I'm probably going with it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Works great for me, all i need. Can go way back on edge of property and still get 3/5 bars. And it let me setup IP Vanish on it no problem.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google fibers router sucks keeps randomly blocking websites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it say "Unexpected Database Error"?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Might as well 403
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I yell at my isp like listen if I get a virus that's on me stop trying to protect me
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I yell at my isp like listen if I get a virus that's on me stop trying to protect me +1