Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any charging cable can also transfer data/payloads but without the 56k ohm resistor, it might fry the Switch. In fact, this caused a console to become bricked when running the CFW RajNX.
You can use choidujourNX as I believe it analyzes the firmware packages before installation.

Thank you! I live in Europe, is this the same cable than you have? Doesnt specify the 56k resistor, but I just searched the same cable https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00S8GU544/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! I live in Europe, is this the same cable than you have? Doesnt specify the 56k resistor, but I just searched the same cable https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00S8GU544/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FBA_201001-BLK-2m

Benson Leung
5.0 out of 5 starsCable Matters USB 2.0 USB-C to USB-A Cable in Black 3.3 Feet has correct 56kΩ termination!
November 19, 2015 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase

Benson here again, continuing my reviews of USB Type-C legacy cables, adapters, and accessories.

I reviewed a different but very similar Cable Matters cable a couple of weeks ago : Cable Matters? USB 2.0 Type C (USB-C) to Type A (USB-A) Cable in White 6.6 Feet
I found that cable to be not correctly following the USB Type-C specification. In the weeks since my review, Cable Matters got in touch with me and let me know that they were aware of the issue and they were in the process of fixing it. They were kind enough to send me early engineering samples.

Today I am reviewing Cable Matters® USB 2.0 Type C (USB-C) to Type A (USB-A) Cable in Black 3.3 Feet, which I had on order from Amazon.

Let's check spec compliance :
I'm using my trusty Chromebook Pixel 2015 with the Chromium Twinkie USB-PD Sniffer, available on Amazon from Plugable : Plugable USB 3.1 Type-C (USB-C) Power Delivery Sniffer

For my first test, I've got the Cable Matters cable plugged into a Dell 10W charger : Dell 10W Adapter Spare Wall Charger for Venue 8 Pro/8/7 (XDN34)

The Type-C end is plugged into Twinkie, acting as a pass through to Chromebook Pixel 2015. Picture attached!

localhost ~ # ectool --name=cros_pd usbpdpower
Port 0: SNK Charger DCP 4813mV / 2000mA, max 5000mV / 2000mA / 10000mW
Port 1: SRC

So far so good. Pixel identifies the charger as a DCP (dedicated charging port) type adapter, and has negotiated 2A 10W of charging.

Let's see what Twinkie says :
> adc
CC1_PD = 16
CC2_PD = 430

The ADC command reads the current voltage values from the CC pins. As you can see here, CC2_PD pin has a value of 430mV. Referring to the USB Type-C Specification Table 4-25 Voltage on Sink CC pins, this voltage falls right in the middle of the range allowed for vRd-USB, meaning that yes, this cable has the correct 56kΩ pullup resistor!

One more command :
> tw vbus
VBUS = 4885 mV ; -2040 mA

The tw vbus command uses twinkie's current and voltage meter ability. As you can see, the laptop is pulling just around 2A of current at 4.885V from the Dell adapter.

For more subjective evaluation of the cable : the cable's Type-C plug is quite good. It has good insertion and detatch feel in both directions. The cable itself is of the lightweight variety.

In conclusion : This is a fine USB Type-C cable from Cable Matters. I was very impressed by their customer service and the speed at which they fixed the original defect in their product line. The cable itself is a great safe way to charge and data sync your new USB Type-C devices such as Nexus 6P/5X or Pixel devices. It is also future proof for future USB Type-C devices to come!

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-Type-USB-C-Black/dp/B00S8GU544

Reactions: Draxzelex

goblic

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, My switch was 4.1.0, I backup the 4.1.0 nand and updated it with ChoidujourNX to 5.1.0 + autoRCM. I used RajNX, downloaded Pokemon Quest from eshop, then delete internet setting and enable airplane mode to avoid getting banned. I installed NSP using devmenu, all is working fine. Today my SX Pro arrives.

What I want to ask is:
1. Will the sx os installation interfere with RajNX? Do I need to move / delete RajNX files/folder before SX os instalation? I still want to use RajNX.
2. Does the NSP that I installed via devmenu still work, or do I have to install them again in sx os?
3. I want to play multiplayer games with multiple switch (such as Mario Kart 8), but I'm afraid of getting banned. Do I need to connect to wifi to play multiplayer with other switch, or can I still play multiplayer on airplane mode? If my friend's switch is not on CFW and connect online, will my switch connect online too? What should I do to avoid to connect with nintendo server while playing multiplayer?
4. I want to use several smaller size microsd card to make space for the games, but I already have some NSP installed. Can I just change the microsd card, install another game's NSP and change back to the old card to play the already installed NSP? or do I have to buy bigger size microsd card and copy all of the contents of the old card?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, My switch was 4.1.0, I backup the 4.1.0 nand and updated it with ChoidujourNX to 5.1.0 + autoRCM. I used RajNX, downloaded Pokemon Quest from eshop, then delete internet setting and enable airplane mode to avoid getting banned. I installed NSP using devmenu, all is working fine. Today my SX Pro arrives.

What I want to ask is:
1. Will the sx os installation interfere with RajNX? Do I need to move / delete RajNX files/folder before SX os instalation? I still want to use RajNX.
2. Does the NSP that I installed via devmenu still work, or do I have to install them again in sx os?
3. I want to play multiplayer games with multiple switch (such as Mario Kart 8), but I'm afraid of getting banned. Do I need to connect to wifi to play multiplayer with other switch, or can I still play multiplayer on airplane mode? If my friend's switch is not on CFW and connect online, will my switch connect online too? What should I do to avoid to connect with nintendo server while playing multiplayer?
4. I want to use several smaller size microsd card to make space for the games, but I already have some NSP installed. Can I just change the microsd card, install another game's NSP and change back to the old card to play the already installed NSP? or do I have to buy bigger size microsd card and copy all of the contents of the old card?
  1. It shouldn't as far as I'm aware of. SX Pro/OS just likes all of the .XCI and .NSP files to be on the root which Tinfoil (found in RajNX) does not deal with
  2. They should still work as long as they were installed appropriately the first time
  3. You can do local multiplayer without connecting to the Internet but Airplane Mode will make it impossible to do play online or locally. Just make sure there are no Wi-Fi settings stored in the console when you play local wireless. Other consoles that you are connected to your Switch locally won't affect the online status of your console unless you yourself are playing online.
  4. If you want to move installed games from one SD card to another, all you have to do is move the Nintendo folder onto the new SD card and the games should work.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, this caused a console to become bricked when running the CFW RajNX.
Speculation not fact. Mentioning Rajnx and brick is irrelevant and misleading considering tons of other factors that could've been. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half of what you See.

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FBA_201001-BLK-2m

Benson Leung
5.0 out of 5 starsCable Matters USB 2.0 USB-C to USB-A Cable in Black 3.3 Feet has correct 56kΩ termination!
November 19, 2015 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase

Benson here again, continuing my reviews of USB Type-C legacy cables, adapters, and accessories.

I reviewed a different but very similar Cable Matters cable a couple of weeks ago : Cable Matters? USB 2.0 Type C (USB-C) to Type A (USB-A) Cable in White 6.6 Feet
I found that cable to be not correctly following the USB Type-C specification. In the weeks since my review, Cable Matters got in touch with me and let me know that they were aware of the issue and they were in the process of fixing it. They were kind enough to send me early engineering samples.

Today I am reviewing Cable Matters® USB 2.0 Type C (USB-C) to Type A (USB-A) Cable in Black 3.3 Feet, which I had on order from Amazon.

Let's check spec compliance :
I'm using my trusty Chromebook Pixel 2015 with the Chromium Twinkie USB-PD Sniffer, available on Amazon from Plugable : Plugable USB 3.1 Type-C (USB-C) Power Delivery Sniffer

For my first test, I've got the Cable Matters cable plugged into a Dell 10W charger : Dell 10W Adapter Spare Wall Charger for Venue 8 Pro/8/7 (XDN34)

The Type-C end is plugged into Twinkie, acting as a pass through to Chromebook Pixel 2015. Picture attached!

localhost ~ # ectool --name=cros_pd usbpdpower
Port 0: SNK Charger DCP 4813mV / 2000mA, max 5000mV / 2000mA / 10000mW
Port 1: SRC

So far so good. Pixel identifies the charger as a DCP (dedicated charging port) type adapter, and has negotiated 2A 10W of charging.

Let's see what Twinkie says :
> adc
CC1_PD = 16
CC2_PD = 430

The ADC command reads the current voltage values from the CC pins. As you can see here, CC2_PD pin has a value of 430mV. Referring to the USB Type-C Specification Table 4-25 Voltage on Sink CC pins, this voltage falls right in the middle of the range allowed for vRd-USB, meaning that yes, this cable has the correct 56kΩ pullup resistor!

One more command :
> tw vbus
VBUS = 4885 mV ; -2040 mA

The tw vbus command uses twinkie's current and voltage meter ability. As you can see, the laptop is pulling just around 2A of current at 4.885V from the Dell adapter.

For more subjective evaluation of the cable : the cable's Type-C plug is quite good. It has good insertion and detatch feel in both directions. The cable itself is of the lightweight variety.

In conclusion : This is a fine USB Type-C cable from Cable Matters. I was very impressed by their customer service and the speed at which they fixed the original defect in their product line. The cable itself is a great safe way to charge and data sync your new USB Type-C devices such as Nexus 6P/5X or Pixel devices. It is also future proof for future USB Type-C devices to come!

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-Type-USB-C-Black/dp/B00S8GU544
That does not anser if it has ohm resisto 56k or its the same product

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That does not anser if it has ohm resisto 56k or its the same product
I guess, if you're illiterate. Or maybe you're just trolling? I'll assume the former so hopefully someone can read this to you.

It is the same part#.
It has the same webID in the link.
It certainly does confirm 56k termination.

Don't feel embarrassed.. You can still learn. https://weallcanread.com/phonics-for-adults/

foxm2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
is there a way to launch backups without modifying the console in a persistent way? E.g. when running SX Pro Dongle it will run a custom Firmware right? But will this change my switch permanentely or is this written only to RAM when using the dongle and after reboot everything is original and genuine version again? If SX isn't, is there another way to have it like this?

Thanks!

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

foxm2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Mr. Wizard, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately The linked thread answers my question not 100% clear...

1.If I enter Flight Mode in original FW and Shutdown console,
2. then use Jig to enter Repair Mode manually each time and
3. If I NOT install SX for boot... only run it from Dongle...
4. and after finishing in CFW shutting down completely again before starting without Jig / Dongle to boot into original FW and
5. go online with Switch again

Is this a safe way to use it? Will there be permanent changes because of SX Pro / CFW that can be tracked?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Mr. Wizard, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately The linked thread answers my question not 100% clear...

1.If I enter Flight Mode in original FW and Shutdown console,
2. then use Jig to enter Repair Mode manually each time and
3. If I NOT install SX for boot... only run it from Dongle...
4. and after finishing in CFW shutting down completely again before starting without Jig / Dongle to boot into original FW and
5. go online with Switch again

Is this a safe way to use it? Will there be permanent changes because of SX Pro / CFW that can be tracked?
Nobody here knows for sure, but if you just boot sxos and only use xci, this seems way safer than installing nsps.
You might be banned, you might not. You might get banned a year from now. Only Reggie knows for sure.

Any unauthorized actions could lead to dire consequences. If you are not willing to live with a ban, then just don't hack it.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess, if you're illiterate. Or maybe you're just trolling? I'll assume the former so hopefully someone can read this to you.

It is the same part#.
It has the same webID in the link.
It certainly does confirm 56k termination.

Don't feel embarrassed.. You can still learn. https://weallcanread.com/phonics-for-adults/

So your answer to the question: Does this cable has 56k is paste a review where there is no sign that is 56k, of a CANADIAN amazon link , when I stated that I'm from Europe so it will be a different product.

Maybe the one who doesn't know to read is other than myself.

Lastorder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I have a question today. I think I’m being paranoid so I hope to learn and be educated on how the game cards work then hope to see if there’s a definitive answer on what I’ll do. Please keep in mind i’m ready for a ban but I just want the right information so fully know going in.

Afaik, cards have a unique cert in them. I have two switches, and about a month ago, I started up sxos on my neon switch. Then just other day, I picked up a clean gray switch and I haven’t put any of my physical games cards on this switch thinking that the once they ban my neon switch, they could ban my gray in being associated with the same certs installed on the neon switch.

Now, my question is: As long as their no second cert of my cards out there in the wild, I should be safe?

And if they do ban my neon, my gray one should be fine to use the physical cards or do they have a list of ban cards along with ban switches.

Is that correct of thinking? I might of confused myself lol I haven’t yet made any backup to use on my neon just yet and maybe won’t plan to just yet.

Last edited by Lastorder,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question, on my switch that is 2.1.0 if I want to update to 5.1.0 without burning efuses one detail I am unclear on:

Code:
   Q: I've never run firmware 4.0.0 or higher on my switch, so my gamecard controller firmware is still not updated. How do i make sure my gamecard controller works after i downgrade back to < 4.0.0 ?
    A: When flashing the firmware image for any 4.0.0 or later firmware, ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on your microsd, with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target. You must ALWAYS boot using this launch target (or add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target you wish to use in the future) and use a Hekate that supports the kip1patch option (releases here do: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases) if you want to prevent use and updating of your GC controller firmware on firmware versions 4.0.0 and up.

With multiple switches I am concerned I will loose track on this one that is slightly differently modified, it sounds like I will always need to use a DIFFERENT version of Hekate (and any other CFW) and keep track of that when I update. After so much reading, there is so much documentation out there for switch hacking that conflicts now with other documentation and some that just does not apply anymore so it gets confusing. I think I might just be better off
having all my switches on the SAME starting firmware (4.0.1) So anything I wind up having to do, it is the same on all of them.

If I just want to update my 2.1.0 to 4.0.1 (and burn efuses in the process) so it is identical to my other units and it gets this gamecard controller update that 4.0.0+ units have, is there a system firmware installer/method that will actually just flash the update folder structure like a retail cart?

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find out how to do that. And I don't want to buy a retail card to do this, being able to verify in advance that the update folder is actually what it is, is good. With a retail cart, I am sort of taking a chance.

BTW ChoiDujourNX DOES list the firmware version on the updates folder (when you select it and it reads it), before you actually do any installing, like you said Draxzelex. Thanks for that.

Vantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using a CDNSP Download tool and getting .nsx not .nsp anymore. What is a .nsx file? and can they be installed like a .nsp?

Thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speculation not fact. Mentioning Rajnx and brick is irrelevant and misleading considering tons of other factors that could've been. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half of what you See.
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. This was an example where any CFW, RajNX as a real life example, can cause your Switch to become bricked. If you don't use a USB cable/device with the 56k ohm resistor, users risk the same thing happening to them as evilsperm did.
just modded my switch with reinx and a paper clip, what game formats can I play? (NSP, NWS, XCI)

Thank you
ReiNX currently supports games in .NSP format
Hello everyone. I have a question today. I think I’m being paranoid so I hope to learn and be educated on how the game cards work then hope to see if there’s a definitive answer on what I’ll do. Please keep in mind i’m ready for a ban but I just want the right information so fully know going in.

Afaik, cards have a unique cert in them. I have two switches, and about a month ago, I started up sxos on my neon switch. Then just other day, I picked up a clean gray switch and I haven’t put any of my physical games cards on this switch thinking that the once they ban my neon switch, they could ban my gray in being associated with the same certs installed on the neon switch.

Now, my question is: As long as their no second cert of my cards out there in the wild, I should be safe?

And if they do ban my neon, my gray one should be fine to use the physical cards or do they have a list of ban cards along with ban switches.

Is that correct of thinking? I might of confused myself lol I haven’t yet made any backup to use on my neon just yet and maybe won’t plan to just yet.
Retail carts all have their own unique certificates although we don't know exactly how unique they all are, but they are unique enough for people who buy copies of the same game to be able to go online without getting banned. This means that unless you dump the certificate from your game, the certificate of your game carts will remain unique. Most, if not all, people do not dump their unique cart cert because of this as well as many other reasons. So you don't have to worry about a second cert of your cart.

As for your second question, if you use the cart+cert online with your banned console, Nintendo will know that cert is associated with a banned console. They might possibly ban the cert before or after your console is banned. But if that cert is not banned and then its used on a non-banned console, they have no reason to ban the new console unless the new console has been hacked. This is because you could easily have sold the game or lent it to someone else so its unfair for them to outright ban any consoles associated with that cert.
New question, on my switch that is 2.1.0 if I want to update to 5.1.0 without burning efuses one detail I am unclear on:

Code:
   Q: I've never run firmware 4.0.0 or higher on my switch, so my gamecard controller firmware is still not updated. How do i make sure my gamecard controller works after i downgrade back to < 4.0.0 ?
    A: When flashing the firmware image for any 4.0.0 or later firmware, ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on your microsd, with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target. You must ALWAYS boot using this launch target (or add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target you wish to use in the future) and use a Hekate that supports the kip1patch option (releases here do: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases) if you want to prevent use and updating of your GC controller firmware on firmware versions 4.0.0 and up.

With multiple switches I am concerned I will loose track on this one that is slightly differently modified, it sounds like I will always need to use a DIFFERENT version of Hekate (and any other CFW) and keep track of that when I update. After so much reading, there is so much documentation out there for switch hacking that conflicts now with other documentation and some that just does not apply anymore so it gets confusing. I think I might just be better off
having all my switches on the SAME starting firmware (4.0.1) So anything I wind up having to do, it is the same on all of them.

If I just want to update my 2.1.0 to 4.0.1 (and burn efuses in the process) so it is identical to my other units and it gets this gamecard controller update that 4.0.0+ units have, is there a system firmware installer/method that will actually just flash the update folder structure like a retail cart?

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find out how to do that. And I don't want to buy a retail card to do this, being able to verify in advance that the update folder is actually what it is, is good. With a retail cart, I am sort of taking a chance.

BTW ChoiDujourNX DOES list the firmware version on the updates folder (when you select it and it reads it), before you actually do any installing, like you said Draxzelex. Thanks for that.
ChoidujourNX IS the system firmware installer that will actually just flash the update folder structure but the only difference between it and a retail cart/official online update is that ChoidujourNX won't burn fuses. The only other way to update would be applying the newly updated firmware files and folders manually into your NAND via this tutorial. However, that tutorial is considered out of date because of how long and complex the procedure is especially in comparison to ChoidujourNX (they're both written by the same person).

@Draxzelex i am trying the 32GB raw backup right now but it gives me error "writing failed to sd card"
i am using hekate ctaer latest

EDIT: i am using 128GB exfat
This is an SD card related issue, not a Hekate issue. Some things you can try is trying to backup again, trying a partial backup (by formatting to FAT32), testing if your SD card is fake with h2testw, using a different allocation size, or swapping out your 128 GB SD card with another one.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoidujourNX IS the system firmware installer that will actually just flash the update folder structure but the only difference between it and a retail cart/official online update is that ChoidujourNX won't burn fuses. The only other way to update would be applying the newly updated firmware files and folders manually into your NAND via this tutorial. However, that tutorial is considered out of date because of how long and complex the procedure is especially in comparison to ChoidujourNX (they're both written by the same person).

Thanks Draxzelex, and maybe I am just missing something here, but my understanding is that ChoidujorNX besides specifically NOT burning the efuses, it DOES NOT update the gamecard controller component on the switch. And that is why for people using it under version 4.x firmware, have to do special things in order to be able to later downgrade to their < 4.0 firmware version.

So I want to take my 2.1.0 Switch and update it to 4.0.1 or 4.1 and have it have the gamecard controller updated in the process.

Is my ONLY option, to then get a retail card with 4.0.1 for example and flash it that way?

I was hoping there was some way to copy the extracted update folder from Bayonetta 2 (4.0.1) for example to some directory on my 2.1.0 and reboot it, and it would then update the switch to 4.0.1 which would include the gamecard controller update also.

Or am I still missing something here?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU