Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mjrmt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So guys i have pokemon bd and demon slayer just working yesterday and this morning.

Issue: they stop working so i checked for corrupt data and its said that SD card is corrupted, but i can still play all of my other games. I can still access hombrew, hekate and atmosphere.

Note: I was in the middle of transfering files from sd card to pc when the power is down.

Is it really the sd card that is corrupted or is it the game files?

Tried to install those games again and awoo installer error 0x001fb402

Attachments

• 20220615_210757.jpg
    20220615_210757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys i have pokemon bd and demon slayer just working yesterday and this morning.

Issue: they stop working so i checked for corrupt data and its said that SD card is corrupted, but i can still play all of my other games. I can still access hombrew, hekate and atmosphere.

Note: I was in the middle of transfering files from sd card to pc when the power is down.

Is it really the sd card that is corrupted or is it the game files?

Tried to install those games again and awoo installer error 0x001fb402
Upon Googling your error code (which is a habit I recommend you develop since most tech support do the same thing to solve issues), most users report the problem being fixed when you update your patches. Download the latest patches from this thread.

Rory Kinape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sysnand is OK. It’s unlikely that you’ll brick your system but it could happen. If anything bad happens you want it to happen to Emunand therfore Emunand is accepted practice. It’s worth it to get a bigger SDCard so you can run with an emunand.

Please use Daybreak. The nro comes with Atmosphere. Choi is out of date.

You could install a Trinket M0 and “hide” the RCM process but not eliminate it.
Trinket M0 Hardware — The @mattytrog Bible for installing the Trinket M0
Trinket M0 Software — The @mattytrog encyclopedia of Trinket M0 software (source here https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE)

Here are the ones I keep on my Switch.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Read through one of the latest guides and enjoy!

Here’s one that I have no personal vested interest in but has worked for many folks https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

If you’re bored, click my signature block…
Thank you a lot! Your tips help me to update Atmosphere to latest version and FW to 14.1.1, I really appreciate it!

One more question: it seems that when I turn off the system I can't inject fusee unless I press the power button first. The APX even won't appear in the Device Manager of Windows. Can I assume that the Switch is really powered off until I press the power button or there is any chance that it will turn on to RCM by it self after some time?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you a lot! Your tips help me to update Atmosphere to latest version and FW to 14.1.1, I really appreciate it!

One more question: it seems that when I turn off the system I can't inject fusee unless I press the power button first. The APX even won't appear in the Device Manager of Windows. Can I assume that the Switch is really powered off until I press the power button or there is any chance that it will turn on to RCM by it self after some time?
When your Switch is off it is indeed off. You will not be able to communicate with it using Windows.

…that said, AutoRCM is indistinguishable from being Off from a human perspective since there is nothing visual to indicate that it’s in RCM mode and consuming energy. Simply leaving it on the charger is the best solution. In the event you do run out of battery, having AutoRCM on will make it difficult to get things running again. Leaving it on the charger overnight and quickly injecting and putting it back in the charger after it boots is the solution.

Reactions: Rory Kinape

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey again, sometime later I would like to make a backup of the SD card, not only for the games but for the necessary CFW files, the one that weighs more is a folder called "backup" that weights 29gb, inside it has 3 files and 1 folder

The files are BOOT0, BOOT1, rawnand.bin (this one weights 29gb) and a folder called restore which is empty, if I would like to buy another SD card to backup the CFW files, do I have to copy that folder too or is it not necessary to continue using cfw? as little as i understand I assume that this is a backup of the console memory and not related to the cfw, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again, sometime later I would like to make a backup of the SD card, not only for the games but for the necessary CFW files, the one that weighs more is a folder called "backup" that weights 30gb, inside it has 3 files and 1 folder

The files are BOOT0, BOOT1, rawnand.bin and a folder called restore which is empty, if I would like to buy another SD card to backup the CFW files, do I have to copy that folder too or is it not necessary to continue using cfw? as little as i understand I assume that this is a backup of the console memory and not related to the cfw, right?
They are not needed to run CFW but you will want to move that entire folder to somewhere safe! Keep a copy on your PC and another copy in the Cloud and another at your girlfriends mom’s house. No need to keep it on you’d SD card. They will be worth their weight in gold come time when you will actually need them. Let’s hope you never need them.

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ok, I'll back up that folder on some hdds that I have, so it doesn't need to be on the switch right now because from what I understand is that it is a backup of the nand that I would only use if somehow the console bricks, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll back up that folder on some hdds that I have, so it doesn't need to be on the switch right now because from what I understand is that it is a backup of the nand that I would only use if somehow the console bricks, right?
100% correct on all counts.

Reactions: XeSanti

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help with my hard drive: Everything on sx os worked fine i had a working hard drive but then that broke so i got a new one. The hard drive i got was western digital but the point is it doesn't show up for some reason on switch on pc it works but on switch it doesn't.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help with my hard drive: Everything on sx os worked fine i had a working hard drive but then that broke so i got a new one. The hard drive i got was western digital but the point is it doesn't show up for some reason on switch on pc it works but on switch it doesn't.
what file system did you format the drive to? Exfat And FAT32 are the only ones that Switch will recognize. Is your new drive NTFS?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was nttfs but i did format it to exfat did not work.
Do you recall what your old drive was?
When you upgraded your firmware did you specify fat32+exfat or just fat32? Those are the two options.
Maybe try formatting It to fat32 real quick just to see.

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you recall what your old drive was?
When you upgraded your firmware did you specify fat32+exfat or just fat32? Those are the two options.
Maybe try formatting It to fat32 real quick just to see.
My old drive was a seagate back up plus slim. i specified both since it worked with my seagate which was also exfat format.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old drive was a seagate back up plus slim. i specified both since it worked with my seagate which was also exfat format.
Check cables, check power, standard stuff. There’s honestly not many levers we need to flip since we know the old drive worked.

E: It’s connected via the dock, right? Does the disk run on External power or internal via usb power?

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check cables, check power, standard stuff. There’s honestly not many levers we need to flip since we know the old drive worked.

E: It’s connected via the dock, right? Does the disk run on External power or internal via usb power?
Ok tried through mac and it worked. I don't know why maybe it was the wd program on windows bit it fully worked. Thanks for the fast replies and help.

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have a new (to me) switch lite that I factory reset with plans to mod for running cfw, retro gaming, etc.

How deep into the setup process should I go? Leave it on language select and do the hardware mod? Set it up with a new dummy nintendo account? Log in with my own legit nintendo account (currently bound to a switch)?

And thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech