Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely yes. You will have to power off your Switch to change the face plate.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Front+Frame+Replacement/148737

Joycons will too, but they don’t have any impact on your hack.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Left+Joy-Con+Shell+Replacement/130378
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Right+Joy-Con+Shell+Replacement/130386

Hacking actually does nothing to the Switch itself. Remove the SDCard and reboot, and (as long as you never ran CFW on Sysnand) nobody would be able to tell it was ever hacked. Think of Atmosphere as an enhancing layer on top of the Switch OS that allows it to do extra things. It never actually changes anything underneath. When playing Animal crossing the save is written to the Nand you are using. Here’s a discussion on Reddit that goes into more detail about transfers but while you read it, keep in mind how I started off this answer and you’ll be able to see that when you rehack your switch everything will still be where you left it.

Thank you for that. Will let you know the results of the surgery, doctor.

Reactions: binkinator

jstn1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi guys.. I updated my switch on sysnand and it now boots straight to OFW without going through Hekate and I can't go back to booting into CFW... :( I've redone the SD card and it still doesn't work, and in fact the switch is able to boot into OFW without the SD card inserted as well. When booting, the chip flashes purple for a few seconds then solid green, and boots into OFW. Is there any way I can boot back into Hekate?

Any help is very much appreciated!!!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys.. I updated my switch on sysnand and it now boots straight to OFW without going through Hekate and I can't go back to booting into CFW... :( I've redone the SD card and it still doesn't work, and in fact the switch is able to boot into OFW without the SD card inserted as well. When booting, the chip flashes purple for a few seconds then solid green, and boots into OFW. Is there any way I can boot back into Hekate?

Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Please walk through this guide and see if you missed anything:

https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND
Post automatically merged:

Hi, so I been trying to boot in homebrew mode on my switch but it shows me this error. I have done nothing to my micro SD card so whats the problem?

Feels like you might have updated your FirmWare by accident?

What Firmware, Atmosphere and Hekate versions do you believe you are on?

Might be worth going through this guide to make sure we’re on the same page:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by binkinator,

jstn1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Please walk through this guide and see if you missed anything:
Thanks for the reply - I have tried using a new SD card and dragged all the necessary files to the SD following the guide, but my switch still won't boot into Hekate and goes straight to OFW instead :/ I doubt there is a hardware issue as the console had run fine right until I updated it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply - I have tried using a new SD card and dragged all the necessary files to the SD following the guide, but my switch still won't boot into Hekate and goes straight to OFW instead :/ I doubt there is a hardware issue as the console had run fine right until I updated it.
The purple flashes and solid green are text book examples of your hardware all working properly.

Are you using files based emunand or Partition based?

Is your file system FAT32 or exFAT?

Please post a screenshot of the top level of your SDCard and the contents of your /bootloader/hakate_ipl.ini file.

jstn1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The purple flashes and solid green are text book examples of your hardware all working properly.

Are you using files based emunand or Partition based?

Is your file system FAT32 or exFAT?

Please post a screenshot of the top level of your SDCard and the contents of your /bootloader/hakate_ipl.ini file.
Omg I think I just fixed it - i fully powered down the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then powered it on while holding both volume up and volume down buttons. The chip then flashed purple for a around 20 seconds and Hekate finally booted up! I guess this maybe restarted(?) the chip somehow and it starts normally again. Nonetheless, thanks again for helping!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg I think I just fixed it - i fully powered down the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then powered it on while holding both volume up and volume down buttons. The chip then flashed purple for a around 20 seconds and Hekate finally booted up! I guess this maybe restarted(?) the chip somehow and it starts normally again. Nonetheless, thanks again for helping!
Great troubleshooting! Glad you’re sorted!

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Which brand and what size of the SD card do you guys suggest? Will 128GB do or should I go for 256GB one?

I have 128GB Samsung Evo microSD card for that I use in my Wii U, mainly for Retroarch stuff. As for the Switch, I plan on playing Switch / console exclusives only, so I doubt that I'll ever play games like Witcher 3 on it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which brand and what size of the SD card do you guys suggest? Will 128GB do or should I go for 256GB one?

I have 128GB Samsung Evo microSD card for that I use in my Wii U, mainly for Retroarch stuff. As for the Switch, I plan on playing Switch / console exclusives only, so I doubt that I'll ever play games like Witcher 3 on it.

Samsung or Sandisk would be fine. Go with the 256GB.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting error code 2165-1001 when my switch goes to sleep. any ideas why or how to fix it?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-error-2165-1001.606021/

Try this:

1. Temporarily rename your /atmosphere/contents folder to /atmosphere/contents.bk
  2. Reboot your switch into CFW again (your sysmodules will be bypassed until we put the contents folder back)
  3. Put your switch to sleep and wake it up again to see if the issue is still there.
  4. If that fixes it you will need to create a new contents folder and move your sysmodules back one at a time and reboot/test until you figure out which one is causing your issues (I do it in chunks of 1/2 at a time to speed things up.)
  5. If it doesn’t fix things we might need to look at hardware, but let’s wait and see…

Reactions: Lewd

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm planing to install atmosphere some day on my Switch Erista unpatched as emunand (File based) and want to know if this tut is still up-to-date for latest atmosphere 1.4. -> https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

Also do I even need this:
Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

And is this still valid for latest atmosphere:
Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):
Code:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

I don't want to touch the sysnand a single bit and don't want auto-RCM ON either, my Switch is on FW 3. something on sysnand and have SX OS emunand as files on FW11.0.

I Just plan to erase the mSD, create a new emunand as files for atmosphere, send the payload from my smartphone, update emunand to FW 15.0 usind DayBreak and call it a day...

According to what I want are the hekate settings from the tutorial right for how I want?
  • Place the file named fusee.bin in your /bootloader/payloads/ folder.
  • Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini inside of your /bootloader/ folder and paste this within the file:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm planing to install atmosphere some day on my Switch Erista unpatched as emunand (File based) and want to know if this tut is still up-to-date for latest atmosphere 1.4. -> https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND
This is the same guide I use for all my stuff. It’s all up to date w/ the latest and greatest. The entire doc is worth a read to get up to speed quickly.
Also do I even need this:
Yes, this works similarly to Incognito_RCM without actually putting you at risk of misplacing the backup of your Prodinfo.
Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0
And is this still valid for latest atmosphere:
Yes it is. This prevents your switch from contacting Ninty servers, similar to 90DNS without relying on an external server. Calls to Ninty never leave your Switch.
Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):
Code:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

I don't want to touch the sysnand a single bit and don't want auto-RCM ON either, my Switch is on FW 3. something on sysnand and have SX OS emunand as files on FW11.0.
Perfect. You should check out dual (or triple) booting. Best of all worlds! I personally have 6 different boot setups on one Switch.
(Will get you the link in a second)

Here it is:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

I Just plan to erase the mSD,
^^see note about dual boot…you might not want to erase.
create a new emunand as files for atmosphere, send the payload from my smartphone, update emunand to FW 15.0 usind DayBreak and call it a day...
This part is correct as well.
According to what I want are the hekate settings from the tutorial right for how I want?
  • Place the file named fusee.bin in your /bootloader/payloads/ folder.
  • Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini inside of your /bootloader/ folder and paste this within the file:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that was fast, thank you so much, just needed to know it was still up-to-date...

I don't want dual-boot anyway, I have like 2 or 3 mSD and each have their own different games with SX OS on FW 11 and when I move to atmosphere I move for good on the bigger 256GB card and all the others I can leave them with SX OS just like they are :D

If a super fast 1TB mSD was 50€ then I wouldn't mind using dual boot which sadly is not...

Forgot to say I already installed Atmosphere a few days ago but was on a friend's Mariko with a chip and he is using sysnand CFW, but it's all working and I updated it to FW15.0 too however he doesn't even know how to install games LOL haha, but he has all the apps he needs inside like tinfoil, Awoo Installer and whatever, now he should go learn how to use them...

He was also only used to SXOS...

• Haha

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that was fast, thank you so much, just needed to now it was still up-to-date...

I don't want dual-boot anyway, I have like 2 or 3 mSD and each have their own different games with SX OS on FW 11 and when I move to atmosphere I move for good on the bigger 256GB card and all the others I can leave them with SX OS just like they are :D

If a super fast 1TB mSD was 50€ then I wouldn't mind using dual boot which sadly is not...

Forgot to say I already installed Atmosphere a few days ago but was on a friend's Mariko with a chip and he is using sysnand CFW, but it's all working however he doesn't even know how to install games LOL haha
That SDCard reader is weak af but cheap and easy to replace when it dies.

There’s no wrong or right way.

Setting it up to your preferences is best.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my previous post with more info, but which mSD card reader you mean? :D

I use a very fast mSD USB 3.0 card reader that can read\write pretty fast, my fastest 256GB is almost 100MBs read and around 90MBs write that is continuously...

If you mean the mSD card reader of the console that might die some day well, my switch won't be any easy to replace but rather a NIGHTMARE cause my switch is like modded with even custom screws:rofl2:

ps: And Offcourse I have the PERFECT AMOUNT OF THERMAL PASTE :rofl:
:D:toot: (I definitely don't want to EVER open my switch a single more time cause the first time with my amazing quality tools had to even use a dremel to cut a screw in half and made a slight scratch just to remove the bastard and went for custom red bigger screws haha)

Attachments

• IMG_20210726_161658.jpg
    IMG_20210726_161658.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210726_235629.jpg
    IMG_20210726_235629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my previous post with more info, but which mSD card reader you mean? :D

I use a very fast mSD USB 3.0 card reader that can read\write pretty fast, my fastest 256GB is almost 100MBs read and around 90MBs write that is continuously...

If you mean the mSD card reader of the console that might die some day well, my switch won't be any easy to replace but rather a NIGHTMARE cause my switch is like modded with even custom screws:rofl2:
Whew…that paste job is…uh…special. 😂

Yes, this little bastard right here:

0C6C11D6-8D1C-4D82-929A-1F0925298AB3.jpeg

It’s held in with one screw and wiggles when you push/pull the SDCard. I’ve replace two so far. Today I do everything over wifi (FTP) or usb (MTP) as a direct result of not wanting to dick around with card readers because I’m due a failed FCP connector on the motherboard from pulling the SDCard reader on and off so much (and that repair is a son of a bitch!)

ps: And Offcourse I have the PERFECT AMOUNT OF THERMAL PASTE :rofl:
:D:toot: (I definitely don't want to EVER open my switch a single more time cause the first time with my amazing quality tools had to even use a dremel to cut a screw in half and made a slight scratch just to remove the bastard and went for custom red bigger screws haha)
ahhhh…that’s where the custom screws come in. B-)

Got it!

Last edited by binkinator,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah It's what I got for buying some random super cheap kit from ebay that looks like a beauty and says all tools for the Switch included to then find out it missed the tool for the 2 bottom screws:whip:

Anyway if the mSD reader from the Switch stop working guess I'd have to scratch my red screws sadly:D

Oh also do you know if any app from SXOS work with atmosphere? I like their save manager even though I know there's one that looks the same or very similar which is where TX kinda "stole" but still...

I also plan to send the payload with the SX app for android despite knowing there is the same app without SX OS logo but I know their crap support other payloads so should work fine, I guess...

ps: I'm way too lazy anyway and don't know when I will even test atmosphere on my switch cause I can't even remember the last time I turned my Switch ON, probably only when I bought the 256GB mSD and it's just picking up dust, maybe when Zelda BOTW 2 releases even though I would never EVER finish such game...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah It's what I got for buying some random super cheap kit from ebay that looks like a beauty and says all tools for the Switch included to then find out it missed the tool for the 2 bottom screws:whip:

Anyway if the mSD reader from the Switch stop working guess I'd have to scratch my red screws sadly:D

Oh also do you know if any app from SXOS work with atmosphere? I like their save manager even though I know there's one that looks the same or very similar which is where TX kinda "stole" but still...

I was about to say no, but since I dual boot, I put all my .nro files in the same /switch folder so I can just try it.

image.jpg

Well, would you look at that!

image.jpg

It launches!

image.jpg

I’m going to call it good!

I also plan to send the payload with the SX app for android despite knowing there is the same app without SX OS logo but I know their crap support other payloads so should work fine, I guess...
We have ways around it using SX_Gear_v1.1

Check out this guide for a section that addresses this issue:

https://rentry.org/mys8q

ps: I'm way too lazy anyway and don't know when I will even test atmosphere on my switch cause I can't even remember the last time I turned my Switch ON, probably only when I bought the 256GB mSD and it's just picking up dust, maybe when Zelda BOTW 2 releases even though I would never EVER finish such game...

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share