Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly, what I did. I moved bootloader and atmosphere folder to my harddrive and inserted the unzipped hekate and atmosphere folder to my sd. After that, I copied my bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and bootloader/res to SD.

This is, how my bootloader looks like.

Code:
bootloader
├── hekate_ipl.ini
├── ini
├── patches.ini
├── payloads
│   ├── Lockpick_RCM.bin
│   └── TegraExplorer.bin
├── res
│ ├── eckig
│ │ ├── icon_atmosphere.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_atmosphere_hekate.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_stock.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_switch_logo.bmp
│ │ └── icon_sysmmc_cfw.bmp
│ ├── icon_payload.bmp
│ ├── icon_switch.bmp
│ └── rund
│ ├── icon_atmosphere.bmp
│ └── icon_switch.bmp
├── sys
│   ├── emummc.kipm
│ ├── l4t
│   │   ├── bpmpfw_b01.bin
│   │   ├── mtc_tbl_b01.bin
│   │   ├── sc7entry.bin
│   │   ├── sc7exit_b01.bin
│   │   └── sc7exit.bin
│   ├── libsys_lp0.bso
│   ├── libsys_minerva.bso
│   ├── nyx.bin
│   ├── res.pak
│   └── thk.bin
└── update.bin

Since you got "Failed to init or mount SD" does hekate see your SD card?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213 Same error with 1.4.1 (again, I deleted atmosphere folder before inserting the new one).

Not sure what is the problem if you tried 1.4.1 that isn't the latest, I haven't updated mine, Im also on an OLED.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know how to fix my problem? Or is there a way to boot back into ofw? I hope its not bricked. I think i wait until the switch is out of power and i hope i can boot back into ofw.

Hello guys i have a huge problem. Last week, when i tried to boot into sys cfw via hekate, i got an error(Picture 1). Because i wanted to play online, i booted into ofw. Today, i wanted to try again with booting into rcm then hekate and then emummc and sysmmc. My mom deleted tegrarcm gui and the hekate_ctcaer.bin file for my hekate version. I reinstalled tegrarcmgui and downloaded the latest release of hekate because i forgot which version i had used before. When i sent paypload, an error appeared saying that i have to update my bootloader folder and there will be "dragons". I just pressed a key and it disaapeared. After that i tried booting into emummc and everything worked. Thdn i went back to hekate and booted into sysmmc. A yellow screen appeared (picture two) and i cannot do anything now. Please help me!

image.jpg
848EEE7C-826E-492C-8E51-A371FC9EDEB6.jpeg

Does it boot into Hekate? is that Yellow or other color screen, doesn't look like Yellow?

Last edited by Hayato213,

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what is the problem if you tried 1.4.1 that isn't the latest, I haven't updated mine, Im also on an OLED.

Does it boot into Hekate? is that Yellow or other color screen, doesn't look like Yellow?
I caoont click anything an it is not in rcm so i cant inject payload. Yesh it is actually yellow. It looks a bit green on the picture. Is there a way to boot into hekate without rcm?

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what is the problem if you tried 1.4.1 that isn't the latest, I haven't updated mine, Im also on an OLED
I got it working by going back to hekate 6.0.1. Now nyx and my cfw (15.0.1) work fine.

However my ofw (16.0.0) doesn't boot anymore, because this hekate version doesnt support 16.0.0.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot go into rcm because i cannot turn off my switch. No button is working
Hold power button down for 13 good seconds and it will turn off.

Had not seen any yellow screens before…now I’ve seen 2 < 12 hours. Something’s funky…

Temaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stick with first party dock, unless you want to brick, when the switch asks for specific voltage and the dock supply the wrong voltage that why the switch brick.
Wow... do you have some information about this so that I can investigate a bit more (forum dicussions on the topic, posts on some websites, ...) ?
Thanks

Temaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've checked a bit, it seems that this type of issue is quite old, I was not able to find equivalent problems that are recent and it seems (at least from my recent research) to mainly impact Nyko docks.

But I've read multiple (not a lot for sure but still not only one) posts on forums from people using third party docks from aliexpress (or equivalent sites that I have not even heard of) that caused strange behaviour. It was pretty clear from some posts that maybe nothing happened, the person who posted basically said something like I think my battery is drained quicker than usual but had no real proof and was not even sure of that behaviour (for other posts it seemed clear that their switch had problems, was it because of the doc I don't know for sure but it can).

Nonetheless this is something that should be considered if someone reads my post one day. On my side, I won't take the risk.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked a bit, it seems that this type of issue is quite old, I was not able to find equivalent problems that are recent and it seems (at least from my recent research) to mainly impact Nyko docks.

But I've read multiple (not a lot for sure but still not only one) posts on forums from people using third party docks from aliexpress (or equivalent sites that I have not even heard of) that caused strange behaviour. It was pretty clear from some posts that maybe nothing happened, the person who posted basically said something like I think my battery is drained quicker than usual but had no real proof and was not even sure of that behaviour (for other posts it seemed clear that their switch had problems, was it because of the doc I don't know for sure but it can).

Nonetheless this is something that should be considered if someone reads my post one day. On my side, I won't take the risk.

Not the problem is quite old, the brick would still happen on latest firmware if you use third party dock.

boxer29

Trophies
XP
Country
Move/rename your /atmosphere/contents folder to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot.

You can use it without going online for sure. How are you determining you must be online?
When I try to play it says you need to be online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1