Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will boot into normal mode from full power off.

No modchip, it's a V1.

AutoRCM has always been off.

Aside from the CFW not being sigpatched it was launching into Atmosphere from Hekate fine until I used the All In One Switch Updater as described in my post you quoted.

Thank you for your patience.
At this point we should probably back everything up and get back to home base with a format of the SDCard and a fresh install of Atmospher, Hekate and Sigpatches.

You can backup your Emunand using Hekate and your regular partition with just simple Windows copy/paste.

Here’s a guide we can use to get everything back to square one:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

it’s good to read from the top but we will need to start work here:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restored the nand partitions and the boot 0/1 files from the latest firmware and am now getting a blue screen on boot, i'm guessing because the latest firmware isn't present on the backup, is there any way i can update it without booting it?
You can try using eMMCHaccGen however it hasn't been updated in 2 years so I don't know if it supports firmware 16

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will need to run a homebrew called Linkalho to emulate linking your account.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/linkalho-link-your-nintendo-account-offline.573676/
I downloaded it and installed Linkalho from the hbg shop. I ran the process to link the account and rebooted the switch, I select the game to play and it gives the message "Checking to see if the game can be played" and then I get Error Code 2124-0220 A Nintendo Account is required. You can link a Ninendo Account from your user page,, accessed by selecting your user icon from the Home menu. I click on my icon and there is nothing there to mention linking the account either. I am running Atmosphere 1.5.0 prerelease version and 16.0CFW

Last edited by strangeone1969,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded it and installed Linkalho from the hbg shop. I ran the process to link the account and rebooted the switch, I select the game to play and it gives the message "Checking to see if the game can be played" and then I get Error Code 2124-0220 A Nintendo Account is required. You can link a Ninendo Account from your user page,, accessed by selecting your user icon from the Home menu. I click on my icon and there is nothing there to mention linking the account either. I am running Atmosphere 1.5.0 prerelease version and 16.0CFW
Do you have multiple profiles on your Switch? Is it possible you installed the game under a different profile?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use Hactool for the first time here. But it seems to just refuse to acknowledge my prod.keys file? It's in the same directory as hactool.exe I also tried telling it in the command with " -k prod.keys"

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use Hactool for the first time here. But it seems to just refuse to acknowledge my prod.keys file? It's in the same directory as hactool.exe I also tried telling it in the command with " -k prod.keys"
Without exposing Ninty’s property (actual keys)…How are you determining that hactool isn’t seeing your keys?

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have multiple profiles on your Switch? Is it possible you installed the game under a different profile?
No, it was under the primary profile on my Switch. I don't think I signed out of my account before I updated the CFW, I don't know if that is the issue. I haven't had this happen before when I updated CFW. I wonder if it because I was trying to overwrite my original game that had the issue after the CFW 16.0 update that corrupted the file, with a new download? I have had this switch for years and never had an issue with my account. If I go into regular firmware and reconnect my old account, would that fix the issue? Or should i just delete the game and reinstall it and start over?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it was under the primary profile on my Switch. I don't think I signed out of my account before I updated the CFW, I don't know if that is the issue. I haven't had this happen before when I updated CFW. I wonder if it because I was trying to overwrite my original game that had the issue after the CFW 16.0 update that corrupted the file, with a new download? I have had this switch for years and never had an issue with my account. If I go into regular firmware and reconnect my old account, would that fix the issue? Or should i just delete the game and reinstall it and start over?

No need to reconnect your account. It won’t help and is unrelated at this point.

Do you have any game saves? You can back them up w/ JKSV and then delete the game save via Settings -> Manage Data. Start the game and make sure it plays and the restore the game save using JKSV.
Post automatically merged:

Compiled it myself. The file isnt corrupted as I can open it in notepad++.

Sorry, I meant hactool.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to reconnect your account. It won’t help and is unrelated at this point.

Do you have any game saves? You can back them up w/ JKSV and then delete the game save via Settings -> Manage Data. Start the game and make sure it plays and the restore the game save using JKSV.

Sorry, I meant hactool.
Latest release from github.

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I meant hactool.
I tried that and still can't get past the "A Nintendo Account" is required. The games I am having an issue with are on an SD card. When I try a game that is in my system memory I get a 2002-4000 error. Is it possible, the issue is the SD card? Only the games on my SD card either give me the "A Nintendo Account" is needed, or "Corrupted Data" Error. I didn't have this issue until I installed 16.0 CFW. and a game update.

Last edited by strangeone1969,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that and still can't get past the "A Nintendo Account" is required. The games I am having an issue with are on an SD card. When I try a game that is in my system memory I get a 2002-4000 error. Is it possible, the issue is the SD card? Only the games on my SD card either give me the "A Nintendo Account" is needed, or "Corrupted Data" Error. I didn't have this issue until I installed 16.0 CFW. and a game update.
quick question...are you using CFW/Sysnand or CFW/Emunand?

Latest release from github.

OK, here is a screenshot of the command I used successfully:

1678770844632.png

The second run is just what happens if I don't use prod.keys flag (confirming that is bombs when not provided w/ keys is all I'm doing)

Here is my exact command line:

Code:
hactool.exe -k prod.keys -t nca --exefsdir fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca_out fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca

e: one other thing you can try...I store my keys in C:\Users\wwiii\.switch\prod.keyt

This way you don't have to use -k

Like so:

hactool.exe -t nca --exefsdir fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca_out fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca

1678771374651.png

e2: I might be using the version I compiled.

It's over here if you want to try it:
https://gbatemp.net/download/hactool.37474/

Last edited by binkinator,

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to the latest FW 16 (after replacing old files with newest atmosphere/hekate/sigpqtch) and I get this error after launching CFW-emuMMC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230314_133846.jpg
    20230314_133846.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to the latest FW 16 (after replacing old files with newest atmosphere/hekate/sigpqtch) and I get this error after launching CFW-emuMMC.

Any help would be appreciated.

try this:
move/rename your /atmosphere directory to /atmosphere.bk
move/rename your /bootloader directory to /bootloader.bk

now unzip the latest files onto your SDCard in this order:
atmosphere.x.x.x.zip
hekate.x.x.x.zip
sigpatches.x.x.zip

download fusee.bin from the atmosphere GitHub and place it /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

if you are injecting a payload be sure to update your injector with the payload of your choice (fusee,Hekate,??)

finally, copy your /bootloade.bk/helate_ipl.ini file to /bootloader/
reboot

Reactions: vendettared

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try this:
move/rename your /atmosphere directory to /atmosphere.bk
move/rename your /bootloader directory to /bootloader.bk

now unzip the latest files onto your SDCard in this order:
atmosphere.x.x.x.zip
hekate.x.x.x.zip
sigpatches.x.x.zip

download fusee.bin from the atmosphere GitHub and place it /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

if you are injecting a payload be sure to update your injector with the payload of your choice (fusee,Hekate,??)

finally, copy your /bootloade.bk/helate_ipl.ini file to /bootloader/
reboot
You are a godsend, thank you!

Reactions: binkinator

Mitch91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hi all, was wondering if there's a fix for tesla menu overlay as as far as i upgraded to 16.0.0 with atmosphere 15.0 there seemed to be an error when booting up from henkate 6.0.2 hence after removing the tesla folder in atmosphere/contents i am able to boot into atmosphere. but i am unable to access tesla menu.

ZAIKO97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know how to enable the new feature of atmosphere to keep the Bluetooth devices paired across emu and sysnand? The changelog says to "set atmosphere!enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1", but where do I set this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3