Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Temaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

Is it possible to "hot swap" the SD card when booted into atmosphere EMUnand on SD ?

Basically I would like to avoid restarting the switch (to avoid all the RCM/dongle/connection/whatever you imagine to boot into atmosphere) and still be able to remove the SD card to copy the whole content to the new bigger SD card and then put the new one in the switch.
Unless you know if it is possible to download imaginary storage to my current SD card meaning I would not need to change it by a bigger one :P

Thanks

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

Is it possible to "hot swap" the SD card when booted into atmosphere EMUnand on SD ?

Basically I would like to avoid restarting the switch (to avoid all the RCM/dongle/connection/whatever you imagine to boot into atmosphere) and still be able to remove the SD card to copy the whole content to the new bigger SD card and then put the new one in the switch.
Unless you know if it is possible to download imaginary storage to my current SD card meaning I would not need to change it by a bigger one :P

Thanks
If I had to hot swap, I would choose to do it while in Hekate. Hot swapping while in HOS is asking for trouble with corruption.

Reactions: binkinator

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question...are you using CFW/Sysnand or CFW/Emunand?
Post automatically merged:

OK, here is a screenshot of the command I used successfully:

View attachment 358925

The second run is just what happens if I don't use prod.keys flag (confirming that is bombs when not provided w/ keys is all I'm doing)

Here is my exact command line:

Code:
hactool.exe -k prod.keys -t nca --exefsdir fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca_out fd0d23003ea5602c24ac4e41101c16fd.nca

e: one other thing you can try...I store my keys in C:\Users\wwiii\.switch\prod.keyt

This way you don't have to use -k

Like so:

View attachment 358927

e2: I might be using the version I compiled.

It's over here if you want to try it:
https://gbatemp.net/download/hactool.37474/
CFW/Emunand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Thanks
Short answer: No.

Long answer: But you can copy it without removing it, via ftp or DBI's MTP responder, or reboot into hekate's nyx and use the USB tools from there. This is assuming your emummc is file-based. Not sure if DBI can copy over a raw-based emummc, but I'm pretty sure FTP can't. To actually swap cards, you need to power off, or it might be acceptable from NYX (haven't tested that myself). Definitely not from HOS.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to enable the new feature of atmosphere to keep the Bluetooth devices paired across emu and sysnand? The changelog says to "set atmosphere!enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1", but where do I set this?

Answered here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...n-development-by-sciresm.496832/post-10099453

CFW/Emunand
At this point I think you should pick a game and completely remove it from your Switch, including any game saves, reinstall it and try from scratch.

Reactions: ZAIKO97

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've managed to extract a bunch of assets from a Switch game, but after extracting the a pak file for voice lines it appears to just have a ton of audio files without any kind of extension? What should I be using to try and convert these? I have no idea the codec or anything like that.

dnrtllr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, my sd card is about to die and I want to move to another card.
It's the same card with the same size, so no problems there.

I used HHD Raw Copy Tool to backup my Emunand to PC and partitioned the new card with Hekate.
But how do I restore the Emunand from PC?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: dnrtllr

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but is there a way to restore with Raw copy tool? Since I have it all backed up.

I never tried one, I know that you can convert the emunand from hidden to file and vice versa and move other files, so the emutool method actually work, Im not sure if raw copy would work larger card without messing around with it to repartition, unless you get the same size card.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I copy my Atmosphere hidden Partition to Atmosphere File and vice versa?

copy the content on the sd card excluding the emunand off the sd card, use the tool to convert it to file base if you have hidden emunand, then use the tool to convert it back to hidden on new card, copy the rest of the SD card content over.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: dnrtllr

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've managed to extract a bunch of assets from a Switch game, but after extracting the a pak file for voice lines it appears to just have a ton of audio files without any kind of extension? What should I be using to try and convert these? I have no idea the codec or anything like that.
They might be .raw format.
Try opening them with Audacity (windows program). It is good at figuring out file formats w/o an extension.

you might also want to look at Switch Toolbox https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i havbe the following Problem
I've updated today to the newest Atmosphere and updated like always. Athmosphere, hekate, Sysupdate via Daybreak
I wanted to install some games but everytime i start DBI, i get the following errorcode :
2144-0001 (0x290)
what shall i do ?

Fixed it. Had to update dbi lul

Last edited by clothbeam,
Reactions: binkinator

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i havbe the following Problem
I've updated today to the newest Atmosphere and updated like always. Athmosphere, hekate, Sysupdate via Daybreak
I wanted to install some games but everytime i start DBI, i get the following errorcode :
2144-0001 (0x290)
what shall i do ?

Fixed it. Had to update dbi lul
Update your sigpatches. Can't list a source here though.

They might be .raw format.
Try opening them with Audacity (windows program). It is good at figuring out file formats w/o an extension.

you might also want to look at Switch Toolbox https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox
I'm not super familiar with Switch-Toolbox, but the console says "isTPHDFile True" for every single one of them. However I have no idea if this is what I'm looking for.

Audacity accepts the file but doesnt seem to pickup anything. Importing as raw data just gives static.

Last edited by Ryab,

dnrtllr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
copy the content on the sd card excluding the emunand off the sd card, use the tool to convert it to file base if you have hidden emunand, then use the tool to convert it back to hidden on new card, copy the rest of the SD card content over.
It worked, thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not super familiar with Switch-Toolbox, but the console says "isTPHDFile True" for every single one of them. However I have no idea if this is what I'm looking for.

Audacity accepts the file but doesnt seem to pickup anything. Importing as raw data just gives static.

Not sure then. Maybe open them with a hex editor and see if they have any headers?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It mentions OPUS which is a format for the Switch I believe. But I have no idea how to manage conversion.
OK, here's a bit of a loop de loop...see if you can follow my logic...it's a bit crazy but it might work.

Here's a question about opus audio files:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/editing-replace-opus-file-in-nintendo-switch-games.593216/

It refers to:
https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13462

which in turn refers to vgaudio:
https://github.com/Thealexbarney/VGAudio

I think vgaudio might be a tool that can help convert and replace.

PLMK if this works...

1678812500740.png

see...it says opus...how can you go wrong? Right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk