Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer !
Is there a worse chip than another ? The seller doesnt want to tell me what chip does he have in the modded switch.
Can bad chips brick the switch ?
If chips would brick the console, nobody would buy them. But soldering them inside can damage the device.
Is the screen of the switch laminated or does it have an air gap?
Its neither laminated nor does it have an air gap.

Megaman Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I wonder, since the both store for HWFLY removed their products from alie (the red one, and the blue one), is there any recommended place to get HWFLY? should I go to alternative solutions for modding?

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That just sounds like you finally got banned which you make sense since you connected a hacked Switch online.
No, I'm not banned. Sysnand connects fine on the hacked switch, oled has the same profile and play online fine. They were two different hacks, and there doesnt seem to be a way to do save transfers from Atmosphere yet, at least as far as I have researched.

AlfredS0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I hope you can help a noob. :)

I modded my switch quite a while back, and didn't really play too much for a while, and now I would like to play Tears of the Kingdom. But I'm pretty sure I'll have to update everything. My question is how should I update?

Versions:
EmuNAND Sys version: 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|E
SysNAND Sys version:10.2.0|AMS 1.3.2|S
Stock version: 10.2.0
Hekate 5.8.0

Thanks for your help! :)

EDIT; And I'd like to buy Tears of the Kingdom to support developers, but how would I play it in a safe way? In stock or in SysNand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, since the both store for HWFLY removed their products from alie (the red one, and the blue one), is there any recommended place to get HWFLY? should I go to alternative solutions for modding?
Alibaba seems to have some listings for the hwfly chips but I thought everyone was migrating to the new picofly since its much cheaper?
Hello. Can you please tell me why, in principle, you may need a backup of partialaes.keys? What can be done with them?
I'm sorry, what is a "partialaes.keys"? Google doesn't offer a translation of what that is.
Hello everyone,

I just made a new emuMMC after messing with my sd card, applied brand new atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches, updated the firmware to 16.0.2, all going good.
But when trying to install any game trhough tinwoo, I get this error in the title, accompanied with a program code, that I don't find in any "content" folder because there isn't such folder.

I am clearly missing something and it has been two days I am working on this...

How to solve this issue ? I have tried with SD card in exfat or fat32, same problem. Tinwoo, awoo installers give the same issues.

Thank you very much for your help
What is the program ID accompanying the error code?
Hi, I hope you can help a noob. :)

I modded my switch quite a while back, and didn't really play too much for a while, and now I would like to play Tears of the Kingdom. But I'm pretty sure I'll have to update everything. My question is how should I update?

Versions:
EmuNAND Sys version: 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|E
SysNAND Sys version:10.2.0|AMS 1.3.2|S
Stock version: 10.2.0
Hekate 5.8.0

Thanks for your help! :)

EDIT; And I'd like to buy Tears of the Kingdom to support developers, but how would I play it in a safe way? In stock or in SysNand?
Updating emuMMC is easy as you would just use the homebrew app, Daybreak, to update your firmware. Updating CFW is just as simple because all you do is delete your old /atmosphere folder and download the new one from the official GitHub page. Hekate is even easier to update as once you download the latest Hekate from its GitHub, you can drag and drop the files onto your SD card.

Updating the firmware of sysMMC is the tricky part as there are several options available depending if you want to burn your anti-downgrade fuses or not. As long as you have never run CFW or homebrew on sysMMC, you can update it online but that will burn your fuses forever. Using Daybreak to update sysMMC will preserve those fuses but you risk getting banned the next time you go online since its a homebrew app. The method I personally use to update the firmware of my sysMMC involves downloading the firmware update in Stock mode, going offline, rebooting into CFW on sysMMC, then installing the system update while AutoRCM is enabled. This prevents my anti-downgrade fuses from being burnt while also updating my firmware with the least risk of being banned.

If you plan on buying Tears of the Kingdom, then you won't get banned no matter how you play it whether on sysMMC or emuMMC. You only risk getting banned if you play the leaked version before release.
Using Uviewer, need to update to 16.0.3 but there's no way to update firmware using uViewer until its on a third party URL??

This is unbelivabley frustrating, I never would have installed this garbage if I would have known they completely did away with the ability to delete games, tickets, or update the Switch firmware... among other things.

Does anyone know how to update official firmware ...(to 16.0.3) when you're running uViewer GUI ???
Why on Earth do you want to update to 16.0.3 in the first place? Nothing outside of online play requires that firmware.

thibextra

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The program ID is 010000000000100D.
However I tried using DBI, from a computer also. Now the only error is invalid NCA magic... ?
Thank you again !

Kagami-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
Alibaba seems to have some listings for the hwfly chips but I thought everyone was migrating to the new picofly since its much cheaper?

I'm sorry, what is a "partialaes.keys"? Google doesn't offer a translation of what that is.

What is the program ID accompanying the error code?

Updating emuMMC is easy as you would just use the homebrew app, Daybreak, to update your firmware. Updating CFW is just as simple because all you do is delete your old /atmosphere folder and download the new one from the official GitHub page. Hekate is even easier to update as once you download the latest Hekate from its GitHub, you can drag and drop the files onto your SD card.

Updating the firmware of sysMMC is the tricky part as there are several options available depending if you want to burn your anti-downgrade fuses or not. As long as you have never run CFW or homebrew on sysMMC, you can update it online but that will burn your fuses forever. Using Daybreak to update sysMMC will preserve those fuses but you risk getting banned the next time you go online since its a homebrew app. The method I personally use to update the firmware of my sysMMC involves downloading the firmware update in Stock mode, going offline, rebooting into CFW on sysMMC, then installing the system update while AutoRCM is enabled. This prevents my anti-downgrade fuses from being burnt while also updating my firmware with the least risk of being banned.

If you plan on buying Tears of the Kingdom, then you won't get banned no matter how you play it whether on sysMMC or emuMMC. You only risk getting banned if you play the leaked version before release.

Why on Earth do you want to update to 16.0.3 in the first place? Nothing outside of online play requires that firmware.
Because Tears of the Kingdom won't run and I was told it "could be" an older firmware issue even though that's clearly not the problem. I went from every single game working except Tears of the Kingdom to now homebrew won't run either and some games won't run. Black screen, asks if game is in the console, cannot run return to home and try again.

I have updated the sig patches a thousand times. I have made sure my folders are structurally correct as far as I am able.

I am going to just have to start from scratch AGAIN. This is the like the third time in a week and I haven't even updated anything the stuff just stops working.
Post automatically merged:

Right now I can't even install Tears of the Kingdom (remotely or locally with the "fully playable" .nsp file.)

Before, I could install it perfectly it just would not run and it was the only thing that wouldn't run.

I can run awoo/tinwoo installer but Tinfoil no longer works either.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Tears of the Kingdom won't run and I was told it "could be" an older firmware issue even though that's clearly not the problem. I went from every single game working except Tears of the Kingdom to now homebrew won't run either and some games won't run. Black screen, asks if game is in the console, cannot run return to home and try again.

I have updated the sig patches a thousand times. I have made sure my folders are structurally correct as far as I am able.

I am going to just have to start from scratch AGAIN. This is the like the third time in a week and I haven't even updated anything the stuff just stops working.

Right now I can't even install Tears of the Kingdom (remotely or locally with the "fully playable" .nsp file.

Before, I could install it perfectly it just would not run and it was the only thing that wouldn't run.

What firmware you are on right now?

Kagami-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States

Right now I can't even install Tears of the Kingdom (remotely or locally with the "fully playable" .nsp file.)

I can run awoo/tinwoo installer but Tinfoil no longer works either. Some HB works, some doesn't. Some games work, some don't.

What firmware you are on right now?
It's high enough. 16.0.2

It's high enough. 16.0.2
I actually booted into stock and updated that way already and it caused me to have trouble getting back into RCM. I had to use my jig. And then I always think its volume down, not volume up.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's high enough. 16.0.2

I actually booted into stock and updated that way already and it caused me to have trouble getting back into RCM. I had to use my jig. And then I always think its volume down, not volume up.

I don't see why you can't run the base game atleast, I am on 16.0.2, and I am able to run the base game.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can run awoo/tinwoo installer but Tinfoil no longer works either.
Are you using any mods or cheats for that game?
No, nothing. I am trying with other nsp files just in case...
Yes, install like a small .NSP file that you can use title override with.

Kagami-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you using any mods or cheats for that game?

Yes, install like a small .NSP file that you can use title override with.
Not that I know of. I was wondering if maybe it was either sys modules that had been installed OR the "graphics enhancing cheats" available on all in one downloader?

Luigi31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can wait for HWFLY to come back or use a PICOFLY to hack your switch. The performances are similar, the PICOFLY costs less but is more difficult to install because it requires 7 solders against 2 for the HWFLY (one on the GND, one on the 3.3v, another on the DAT0, another on the CMD, another on the CLK, another on the RST and finally on the CPU).
/!\ Attention you can brick your switch (Make it unusable). What I just said is only valid for switch patchers V1 or V2, because OLEDs. For example, you need as many welds as a PICOFLY even if you use a HWFLY the number of welds will be the same on an OLED

I hope I helped you ^^

Sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm French ^^

Reactions: Megaman Hunter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?