Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

abraarukuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
i thought it was just an expression, maybe it's too ancient of a meme for newer generations ahah
a5Zm36o_460s.jpg
HHAHAHAHAHA
Post automatically merged:

Installing in either is still cfw side emunand
How to safely play online with unpatched switch?

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use Edizon ZE to get 99 of 1 item in TOTK?

I wanted to get like frogs to 99+ or whatever the max amount is. I have 5 frogs, I drop 2 of them so now I have 3. I did the u32 == Hemp search for it and nothing comes out. I also did a MAIN search. I also tried this for zonaites but I got the same result. It just doesn’t recognize a change.

I saw a comment on reddit saying that dropping doesn’t work? That you have to destroy or sell something. I tried but it still doesn’t work. Can someone confirm? How did it work for BOTW?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built it on my own, but I can try one that you have identified that works, to test whether is my nsp or not. If so, could you share a link to get it please?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
Try the one found in this thread.
@Draxzelex ,FAT32 i lost 80gb of games after the update,for example Megaman 11 only works with the base,if i install update&DLC it crashes and doesn't start,Tinwoo Installer installs them without problems,DBI check integrity doesn't give any error.
It sounds like the update and DLC you downloaded are bad. Try downloading them from a different source.
Playing Animal Crossing on a modded switch. Lots of mods and addons are being used for AC.

If I uninstall Animal Crossing, will I lose everything, or will all the mods and changes still be saved in the save games?

Thanks in advance.
Everything should be tied to the save data stored within your console so as long as that is intact, they shouldn't go away if you uninstall the game.
Thanks for the help yesterday! I was able to dump my games.

Is there a way to dump my save files from the Switch to import them to Ryujinx?
Use any homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint.
Is there a noob proof guide to install DBI? Seems easier/quicker than ns usbloader, but i cant find very much info.
Why not try using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and is easy to use. In fact, DBI was unable to install TOTK for me but TinWoo was able to install it.
Thanks for your response! Am i SOL if my v1 gets banned? Is there still a way to get my yuzu save onto my OLED in the event it does? I do understand that the ban risk is semi-negligible since I own a legitimate copy of the game and it's single player, but I wanted to see my options just in case.
If the hacked Switch ever gets banned, you will no longer be able to transfer save data to unmodded consoles anymore. So if it does get banned, you will no longer be able to transfer save data from Yuzu to your OLED unit unless you hack your OLED.
I'm very new to this switch (XAJ7). I got it years ago already modded. Received it with a RCM loader.

I tried turning it back on but it's just black screen.
RCM loader USB inserted with the jig slid down on the joycon right side. Holding down the Power and vol + buttons.
No response at all.
Not sure if RCM loader is broken? The white LED lights up when charged but no lights when plugged in to the switch or when button is pressed.

How to tell what is broken or not?
Am I still able to turn this on?

Thank you.
White seems to indicate that it is charging. If that is indeed the case, try letting it charge for a while before injecting another payload into your console.
i got few GBs left and downloaded a game using tinfoil pixel shop, didnt expect it would expand/extract and download is failed . cancel it off and deleted the game using the menu + .

QUESTION: what app can clean unused or corrupted files?
I've heard DBI has such a feature but I've personally never used nor needed it.

misterpooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
White seems to indicate that it is charging. If that is indeed the case, try letting it charge for a while before injecting another payload into your console.

I charged it for about 20 minutes. The white light is just dimming in and out at normal speed. Guessing it's charging.
When I press the button or plug in, there's no lights.
Still can't turn on.

I charged the switch on the dock.
Using the original charger gave me 2 blinking green lights on the dock then nothing.
Using not original charger gave me 1 blinking green lights.
I don't know what that indicates.

Are there other methods I can try to see if the RCM loader is broken?

Thank you.

Last edited by misterpooper,

FranklinH90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it possible to edit the amount of time played on specific games on your play activity screen using Linkalho? If so, how would you go about doing this?

FranklinH90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't think you can actually edit the amount of playtime for a game under a profile in cfw.
Yeah I was hoping there would be a way to edit the fake account like how you can with the NXactivitylog's config but seems like that isn't the case.
I'd like to match my OFW accounts play activity for a few specific games on the fake one, and this is a pretty last-ditch attempt, but could there be a way to speed up idling time to quickly match the times rather than literally idling for hours?
Seems like quite a bit of effort I know hahaha, I would just really like to have some of the same play times as I had on my on Nintendo account and I would prefer having it on the play activity screen rather than using NXactivitylog

Wulantya16

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
help! i think i broke the sd card of my cfw switch. is it possible to fix this without entering RCM, and i dont have backup file of my sd card file either. please enlighten me :(

AndreiZaBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its neither laminated nor does it have an air gap.
If the screen is not laminated, then it does have an air gap, however small it is, it exists. If there is no gap, then the screen is laminated. If there is no laminating adhesive between the touch and LCD there is an air gap. These are mutually exclusive. You either have a laminated screen with no air gap, or a unlaminated screen with an air gap.

Dh-Eggman

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well
Hello everyone... i just bought a v1 switch today, it was already on 16.0.3.
Tied my nintendo account to it, to put games on it, but now i want to mod it for overcloking purpose.
i don't want to crack games i just want to overclock the switch to play my games.
i'm a total newbie but made a lil research on switch modding.
i have a few questions about it
If i overclock the switch on the sysnand and play my game offline will i get banned when the verification occur?
can i just put a emunand and switch to sysnand when i want ? do my games can be played normally if i overclock my switch simply?

backmeupscotty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use any homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint.
Thanks Draxzelex. I tried running JKSV in Ryujinx and it crashes instantly because it doesn't implement the IApplicationManagerInterface request 0, which is nsListApplicationRecord in libnx. If I disable missing services, Ryujinx doesn't crash, but it shows no games. I'm "stuck" with Ryujinx because I'm running the emulator on an M1 Mac. Even then, looking at the source, Yuzu also doesn't implement ListApplicationRecord, so it looks like JKSV might not work on any emulator today (if I'm guessing right what nsListApplicationRecord does).

Checkpoint hangs forever before loading when I try to start it on Ryujinx. EdiZon crashes because of another missing service, and crashes if I try to ignore missing services too.

Are there other options that I can try?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks Draxzelex. I tried running JKSV in Ryujinx and it crashes instantly because it doesn't implement the IApplicationManagerInterface request 0, which is nsListApplicationRecord in libnx. If I disable missing services, Ryujinx doesn't crash, but it shows no games. I'm "stuck" with Ryujinx because I'm running the emulator on an M1 Mac. Even then, looking at the source, Yuzu also doesn't implement ListApplicationRecord, so it looks like JKSV might not work on any emulator today (if I'm guessing right what nsListApplicationRecord does).

Checkpoint hangs forever before loading when I try to start it on Ryujinx. EdiZon crashes because of another missing service, and crashes if I try to ignore missing services too.

Are there other options that I can try?
This turns out to be very easy to do manually. Once you used any save manager on your Switch to back up your games, in Ryujinx, you can just right-click the title, choose "Open user save directory", and move your saves there. For instance, for Super Smash Bros., JKSV creates a directory at <sd card>/Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/<your save name>. In Ryujinx, you would right-click Super Smash Bros., choose "Open user save directory", and copy every file under <sd card>/Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/<your save name> to that directory.

Last edited by backmeupscotty,

Gazzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i have 2 modded switch, a V1 and a OLED with HWFly, i need to transfer the emuMMC data (such as user info, saves, homebrew titles and games), so i backup my emuMMC in the V1 with hekate, then i copied the backup in the OLED sd card and now i'm installing it in the sd (everything is done by hekate) and i was wondering:
nobody did this before ?
(spoiler it doesn't work so what i was thinking was right)

how can i do that ?

AtChERim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKSV freezes whenever I try to Backup a New Save. This seems to have only appeared recently as an issue after updating everything for TotK release. Does anyone know how to fix this?

JKSV 02.23.2023
hekate 6.0.3
AMS 1.5.2 | E
Firmware 16.0.2

I've already tried running JKSV in both Applet and "Game" modes but it doesn't make a difference

Aramendry

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey ! So i i installed TOTK on my switch yesterday, worked perfectly for like 12 hours and the game just suddenly crashed and now it's telling me there's some corrupted files.
I checked the integrity of the game with DBI and it's telling me there's a "Hash mismatch".
Any idea what i can do to fix my problem ? thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I charged it for about 20 minutes. The white light is just dimming in and out at normal speed. Guessing it's charging.
When I press the button or plug in, there's no lights.
Still can't turn on.

I charged the switch on the dock.
Using the original charger gave me 2 blinking green lights on the dock then nothing.
Using not original charger gave me 1 blinking green lights.
I don't know what that indicates.

Are there other methods I can try to see if the RCM loader is broken?

Thank you.
A green light seems to indicate that you are injecting ReiNX which is a defunct CFW. You want a blue light for Atmosphere or yellow/magenta/cyan for any of the user submitted payloads.
@Draxzelex ,i tried various sources including Tinfoil, always the same result.
Do you have any mods and/or cheats enabled for the games that are not working?
help! i think i broke the sd card of my cfw switch. is it possible to fix this without entering RCM, and i dont have backup file of my sd card file either. please enlighten me :(
What do you mean you broke the SD card? And what exactly are you hoping to fix?
If the screen is not laminated, then it does have an air gap, however small it is, it exists. If there is no gap, then the screen is laminated. If there is no laminating adhesive between the touch and LCD there is an air gap. These are mutually exclusive. You either have a laminated screen with no air gap, or a unlaminated screen with an air gap.
The digitizer, or touch screen, is not connected to the LCD screen. The digitizer itself is attached to the casing around the screen via adhesive so there is definitely an air gap as the touch screen and LCD are not fused or laminated.
Well
Hello everyone... i just bought a v1 switch today, it was already on 16.0.3.
Tied my nintendo account to it, to put games on it, but now i want to mod it for overcloking purpose.
i don't want to crack games i just want to overclock the switch to play my games.
i'm a total newbie but made a lil research on switch modding.
i have a few questions about it
If i overclock the switch on the sysnand and play my game offline will i get banned when the verification occur?
can i just put a emunand and switch to sysnand when i want ? do my games can be played normally if i overclock my switch simply?
Going online after any usage CFW/homebrew can get you banned, even overclocking. If you never go online when using CFW/homebrew including overclocking, you will not get banned.
hi guys, i have 2 modded switch, a V1 and a OLED with HWFly, i need to transfer the emuMMC data (such as user info, saves, homebrew titles and games), so i backup my emuMMC in the V1 with hekate, then i copied the backup in the OLED sd card and now i'm installing it in the sd (everything is done by hekate) and i was wondering:
nobody did this before ?
(spoiler it doesn't work so what i was thinking was right)

how can i do that ?
You were almost there. Everything you listed is still part of the proper procedure to transfer emuMMC stuff from one SD card to another. You just forgot that if any content was installed to the SD card, you would have to move the Nintendo folder that emuMMC used to the new card as well.
JKSV freezes whenever I try to Backup a New Save. This seems to have only appeared recently as an issue after updating everything for TotK release. Does anyone know how to fix this?

JKSV 02.23.2023
hekate 6.0.3
AMS 1.5.2 | E
Firmware 16.0.2

I've already tried running JKSV in both Applet and "Game" modes but it doesn't make a difference
Have you tried using Checkpoint?
Hey ! So i i installed TOTK on my switch yesterday, worked perfectly for like 12 hours and the game just suddenly crashed and now it's telling me there's some corrupted files.
I checked the integrity of the game with DBI and it's telling me there's a "Hash mismatch".
Any idea what i can do to fix my problem ? thanks
I had something similar happen to me when I tried installing the 1.1 update. The game would become corrupted and unable to play. The only way I resolved this was by uninstalling the update then reinstalling it from another source.

Alby02

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello i was thinking that jailbreaking the switch V2 (mariko) Is or Will be possibile by the dns settings, because we already have a dns browser but the switch cannot run things from It i think. I m a switch noob, so If im wrong, please do not insult me and if you want give me some explanations on why It cant be done because im really interested in these things, and another thing, Will the switch V2 be jailbreakable After they discontinued It? Or Will It be Forever moddable and not softmoddable??

misterpooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A green light seems to indicate that you are injecting ReiNX which is a defunct CFW. You want a blue light for Atmosphere or yellow/magenta/cyan for any of the user submitted payloads.

The green light I got was the charging dock light.
I'm still not getting any lights from the RCM loader. Only when it's charging I get a breathing white light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1