Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i was thinking of the softmod of the V2 switch and came up with an idea, games on the switch have access to the files of it, and the micro sd, if someone makes a game that secretly has a file Explorer that can download xyzs, and if somehow the game gets on the e-shop, if you buy It and then use the dns settings (i dont remember the name It was like dns90 or sum like that) to disconnect from Nintendo services and from wifi, It would be impossible for Nintendo to ban you, so if someone makes an xyz that can run hekate and so install atmosphere and mod the switch ecc...
And you put that xyz on your micro sd card, then you open the game and install the xyz from the secret file Explorer, then you could jailbreak your patched switch?? Im Just asking because this thing is on my mind from 3 days, please tell me if its possibile or not and if im wrong i would like to know why, thanks
There are about a billion things wrong with your idea ranging from the fact that Switch games are sandboxed meaning they dont have access to the files on the Switch or how on Earth you are going to run Hekate but to me, the biggest issue is once word gets out, Nintendo can just pull the game from the eShop. That is assuming they even approve of it in the first place.

alby_02

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are about a billion things wrong with your idea ranging from the fact that Switch games are sandboxed meaning they dont have access to the files on the Switch or how on Earth you are going to run Hekate but to me, the biggest issue is once word gets out, Nintendo can just pull the game from the eShop. That is assuming they even approve of it in the first place.
Ok bro calm down i Just asked its called switch noob paradise for a reason

Naoya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some sort of document i can read that contains all information regarding efforts made to hack the switch?

alby_02

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And another thing, Will the switch V2 ever be softmoddable? I heard that the creator of atmosphere spent 500+ hours on looking for an exploit but found none, i mean now that you can mod your switch using a modchip Is there even people that are still working on a softmod?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another thing, Will the switch V2 ever be softmoddable? I heard that the creator of atmosphere spent 500+ hours on looking for an exploit but found none, i mean now that you can mod your switch using a modchip Is there even people that are still working on a softmod?

No softmod bugs for mariko units, so you have to rely on Modchips.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help. I haven’t used my switch in a few months. Just tried to install Mortal Kombat and it failed. Does it require the latest firmware?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm on 14.0 with a custom boot logo and went to update to 16.1 but once I select cfw emu in hekate it boots to a black screen. how do I turn the custom boot logo off? or make it compatible with 16.1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm on 14.0 with a custom boot logo and went to update to 16.1 but once I select cfw emu in hekate it boots to a black screen. how do I turn the custom boot logo off? or make it compatible with 16.1

Probably easiest is just to replace the hekate and atmosphere files so the custom boot logo isn't there anymore. You can use a pre build pack like sthetix HATS.

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably easiest is just to replace the hekate and atmosphere files so the custom boot logo isn't there anymore.
i did that it is still there. wasn't there a folder in contents to delete so it will boot? I had removed the custom theme before starting everything. I remembered that much lol

Gunoshozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can someone please explain why Skyline (github skyline-dev/skyline this one, not emulator) is running skyline_main only on the first launch of the game with it?
For debug in yuzu i need to rename folder for the mod to see logs and to trigger breakpoints, and for a Switch I need add file again or smth.
Am I doing something wrond or is it intended behaviour?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any point to try and keep fuses from burning?
It was originally meant to make it easy to downgrade to an earlier firmware version, in case something interesting is found, like a new exploit. Nothing ever happened, though. But that doesn't mean nothing will ever happen. We're approaching the Switch's end-of-life, so after the release of the next Nintendo console, if something was found on a specific firmware and kept hidden, the moment to release it would be right then. If you've kept your fuses since the beginning, no point in burning them now, so close to end-of-life.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thought so.
my main concern has always been the nand backup, but i guess if you ever needed to use it, you'd then boot to sysnand with atmosphere, update with daybreak from there and everything would work like it should from there, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I updated my emunand now what’s the best way to update stock ofw?
That depends, have you used CFW/homebrew? If you have, then you will have to keep using CFW/homebrew to update the firmware. If not, then do you want to prevent your fuses from being burnt or not? If the answer is yes, then there are a few more options that involve varying usages of CFW/homebrew. If you don't care, then you could just update it online like normal.
is there any point to try and keep fuses from burning?
The best way to answer the question is actually the opposite: is there a point to burning the fuses? If you don't have a hacked console, you don't have a choice but if you do, then you have to weigh the risks versus benefits. There are many benefits which includes the ability to load lower firmware versions without hacks which in turn can lead to utilization of a future exploit. The only risk however is that Nintendo might notice there aren't a proper number of fuses burnt and drop the ban hammer. But in all of the years since Switch hacking became public, no ban has ever occurred solely due to a mismatch in the fuse count. Therefore, there is no inherent risk in keeping the fuses from being burnt but instead there are potential benefits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1