Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Odyssey doesn't boot on Emunand. When i try to launch it, it shows that Nintendo Switch logo and after that it crashes with this error: The software has closed because a error occured.

How can i fix this? Not only Super Mario Odyssey has this problem.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Odyssey doesn't boot on Emunand. When i try to launch it, it shows that Nintendo Switch logo and after that it crashes with this error: The software has closed because a error occured.

How can i fix this? Not only Super Mario Odyssey has this problem.

You mean more than one games have this problem?

animuz1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys, one more question. I have modded my own switch, but I am going to do it for a friend of mine soon. Since all data is stored on the SD card, can I just make a copy of it and insert it in the unpatched, unmodded Switch?

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, one more question. I have modded my own switch, but I am going to do it for a friend of mine soon. Since all data is stored on the SD card, can I just make a copy of it and insert it in the unpatched, unmodded Switch?
That would be possible yes, but make sure to remove the nand backup from your SD card if you decide to do it. If your friend restores the nand backup that is from your console. Then it would brick their system.

You safest bet is to do it fresh, unless you know what you are doing of course.

Reactions: animuz1

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question was that did you ever tested the SD card, since the emunand is running off the SD card.
Ohh. Yes, i misunderstood "card". Yes i did that. Card is working fine. Simpsons Hit & Run Port is booting fine, just like Pizza Tower. Only the "illegal" copies aren't booting up. I tried to update sigpatches. But it still isn't working.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh. Yes, i misunderstood "card". Yes i did that. Card is working fine

You can try replacing Atmosphere and Hekate files along with the patches, along with reinstallation of Super Mario Odyssey.

I would recommend testing the entire card if you still have problem after replacing the files and reinstalling the game.

Reactions: Blythe93

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try replacing Atmosphere and Hekate files along with the patches, along with reinstallation of Super Mario Odyssey.

I would recommend testing the entire card if you still have problem after replacing the files and reinstalling the game.
I will try that! Thank you! Will let yall know.

Edit: I fixed it. Apperantly Atmosphere was out of date. (Why didn't it told me that tho...) and with the latest sigpatches, this caused a problem.

Last edited by PopcornSweetie,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

May as well start fresh as you can't copy over Nintendo folder from one system to another.

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While updating atmosphere I accidentally didnt copy hosts file to use dns mitm but exosphere was working fine and I booted into atmosphere on my emunand with internet connected I am now wondering if there is possibility of ban If exosphere was working but dns mitm doesnt on atmosphere 1.6.2 with firmware 16.1.0

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While updating atmosphere I accidentally didnt copy hosts file to use dns mitm but exosphere was working fine and I booted into atmosphere on my emunand with internet connected I am now wondering if there is possibility of ban If exosphere was working but dns mitm doesnt on atmosphere 1.6.2 with firmware 16.1.0

If your serial number was blanked out you should be fine.

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also I noticed today that my switch is getting stuck on nintendo logo when booting to atmosphere but OFW works fine. Only helps if I do clean reinstall of atmosphere what is it that is causing it to be stuck

Edit: It seems to be taking really long time on emunand sometimes like 5 minutes

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I had a quick question about dumping my keys. I have a switch that I only turn on when I want to dump an update/new game. I wanted to dump the last update to mario kart 8. Previously, the firmware was version 16.0.3, and to download the update, I needed to get version 17.0.0, so I went ahead with that. My question is that generally, when updating to a later version of firmware, I would need download a newer version of lockpick, but that seems to have not been possible for a while. What is being done to currently dump keys? I still have the last version of lockpick that was available, will that be sufficient?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: