Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is downloading a folder directly into my downloads folder on my computer. Should I just move these folders to the root of my micro sd card?

The files you are downloading are zip files, not folders. Are you using something that automatically extracts them? Can you post an image of the files in your download folder? Sounds like you may also have file extensions hidden on your PC.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The files you are downloading are zip files, not folders. Are you using something that automatically extracts them? Can you post an image of the files in your download folder? Sounds like you may also have file extensions hidden on your PC.
In both Chrome and Firefox it appears that all downloads are automatically extracted and placed in a downloads folder. There is nothing to unzip. So my question is - the files are extracted inside a folder - does that folder get placed on the root or do I put the files inside the downloaded folder onto the root?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In both Chrome and Firefox it appears that all downloads are automatically extracted and placed in a downloads folder. There is nothing to unzip. So my question is - the files are extracted inside a folder - does that folder get placed on the root or do I put the files inside the downloaded folder onto the root?

It's not quite that simple. Neither Firefox or Chrome by default auto-extract zip/rar/etc. at all. I don't know if the auto-extraction on your end is creating an extra folder or not. Would be easier to disable the auto-extracting so you can then just right click > Winrar > Extract Files > Select Root of SD.

Edit: Keep everything exactly as is. Copy the entire folder over, along with any files that might have been included in the zip files but outside of a folder. For example, the Hekate zip archive has both a bootloder folder (and the hekate bin file. You would copy over both the entire bootloader folder (leaving all files inside the folder) and also the bin file (leaving it in root but not in a folder).

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
Reactions: Blythe93

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I figured it out - sorry for my ignorance. It looked as if the files were unzipped but in the downloaded folder it gave an option to unzip and I was able to unzip everything to the root. I followed the rest of the instructions and it booted up. However, only the game that the switch came with (is Mario Kart edition) is showing and none of my other games are there.

How do I get the rest of the games to show?

All of the games are showing under the SXOS micro sd card - I copied everything and set up a new micro SD card for Atmosphere.

Thanks very much again for your help.

Last edited by Pyrate02,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I figured it out - sorry for my ignorance. It looked as if the files were unzipped but in the downloaded folder it gave an option to unzip and I was able to unzip everything to the root. I followed the rest of the instructions and it booted up. However, only the game that the switch came with (is Mario Kart edition) is showing and none of my other games are there.

How do I get the rest of the games to show?

Thanks very much again for your help.
So I see you were in the process of setting up emuMMC but you're saying that your games aren't showing up. Are these games installed in sysMMC? If yes, were they installed in sysMMC prior to making an emuMMC?

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I see you were in the process of setting up emuMMC but you're saying that your games aren't showing up. Are these games installed in sysMMC? If yes, were they installed in sysMMC prior to making an emuMMC?
So I just did a clean install of Atmosphere on a new micro sd - how do I copy all the games over from the SXOS micro sd to the new atmosphere micro sd? Thanks to all who helped - sorry to drive you guys crazy.

I saved all the downloaded games on my SXOS micro SD card - just not sure how exactly to copy over and reinstall on the new Atmosphere micro sd card.

Last edited by Pyrate02,

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, here it is. Installing LIBUSBK driver for DBI can be a bit finicky and I know I had some trouble with it due to steps not being explained in detail (only somwhat partially in the video's description), but if I remember correctly, you need to:
  1. Connect the Switch to the PC.
  2. Run dbibackend.exe, select one of your games/updates/DLC files (just to test the connection between Switch and PC) and start the server.
  3. Run DBI on Switch and select "Install title from DBI backend". If it works, it works! But it probably won't, so proceed with the next step.
  4. Run Zadig.
  5. Hopefully, DBI will be listed in the dropdown menu (make sure that your start the server in dbibackend).
  6. If it's there, click on the install driver button (LIBUSBK driver should be selected).
  7. After that, you'll probably need to restart the server in dbibackend.exe and restart your DBI app on Switch. Hopefully, it should work now.
If it doesn't work on first try, keep trying. I might have missed a step or two, but that should be it.
Did all this. DBI connects, but won't install. USB cord issue - I should note, I accidentally patched libusbk to my switch, and am trying to install my NSPs off an external SD card. I'm copying them to my PC, but oof.

• Sad

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just did a clean install of Atmosphere on a new micro sd - how do I copy all the games over from the SXOS micro sd to the new atmosphere micro sd? Thanks to all who helped - sorry to drive you guys crazy.

I saved all the downloaded games on my SXOS micro SD card - just not sure how exactly to copy over and reinstall on the new Atmosphere micro sd card.
Copy the Nintendo folder over to the new SD card.
Is SystemWipe safe to avoid getting banned?
No,

CrazyPigGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have 2 sd cards for different games. I was playing something on one of them, but then wanteed to play something on the other. When i switched the sd cards all games stopped working on both cards. After that i decided to update my switch to see if that fixes it, it didn't.

I can play emulators (retroarch) and get into the homebrew tab on my main sd card, but can't play any switch games, even physical games don't work.

Is there an easy fix or should I just try reinstalling everything (atmosphere, hekate and sig patches) to see if it works then.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm not confident that this will help, but...
I have 2 sd cards for different games. I was playing something on one of them, but then wanteed to play something on the other. When i switched the sd cards all games stopped working on both cards
Your issues sounds similar to this one I've found. By "games stopped working" do you mean that they are saying that some stuff's missing and needs to be downloaded or some other error? Are you using emuNANDs on both? If so, make sure that you have correct settings in your emummc/emummc.ini files, nintendo_path asks for a path to Nintendo folder (emulated one) where you games are stored in. If the path isn't correct, it'll ask of you to redownload the missing data.

Otherwise, it could be that all you need to do is fix the archive bits on both cards. Launch Hekate on both SD cards and go to Tools > Arch bit • RCM Touch • Pkg1/2 > Fix Archive Bit.
I can play emulators (retroarch) and get into the homebrew tab on my main sd card, but can't play any switch games,
Nintendo folders where the Switch games are stored probably aren't linked properly in your emummc.ini files, provided you have emuNANDs set up. If you're running CFW on your sysNAND, I'm not sure how Nintendo folder is linked there (probably using the one on the root of the SD card?)
even physical games don't work.
If they work on stock firmware, then game card reader is disabled in CFW. To enable it, follow this guide.
Is there an easy fix or should I just try reinstalling everything (atmosphere, hekate and sig patches) to see if it works then.
Definitely update your Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches to the latest. They should work totally fine.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all this. DBI connects, but won't install. USB cord issue - I should note, I accidentally patched libusbk to my switch, and am trying to install my NSPs off an external SD card. I'm copying them to my PC, but oof.
Copying to my PC did nothing, NONE of my USB cords work. Do i need to reinstall the switch's USB driver? I feel like that's it.

CrazyPigGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have looked at the post, but i think its not the same as my problem, since i'm not using emuNAND. It was setup on sysNAND when i bought the switch and I didnt feel like changing it.
I'm not getting an error that says that i'm missing files or that the files are corrupted like in the post you linked. My error says "The software was closed because an error occured".

I tried fixing the archive bits like you said. It only took 3 hours and didn't do anything but it was worth trying I guess.

Since I don't have emuNAND I don't think I have the ini files. I also don't know how its supposed to be setup on sysNAND because I didn't setup the switch myself. It's probably correct, it worked until now.

Thanks for the guide for the game cards, but i can't check if it works because I don't own any physical games. I'll try tomorrow whith one of my friends games.

I have updated everything last month when the problems started, so I should have the latest firmware installed already.

• Sad

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My error says "The software was closed because an error occured".
Since you're using sigpatches, check your hekate_ipl.ini file inside the bootloader folder on your SD card and see if there's kip1patch=nosigchk under sysMMC CFW option. Sometimes that file can get overwritten if sigpatches aren't the last thing that was updated.

While sigpatches should work, you can install sys-patch module as well. Optionally, you can install Tesla + nx-ovlloader as that will allow you to see whether sys-patch is working properly, after you press L + D-pad Down + R (Stick) combo, select sys-patch, followed by Log. It should say Patched (if it's green, it's good; if it's orange, it means that it's already patched with sigpatches). Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all.

Other than that, did you try getting into the maintenance mode in order to clear cache?
Before you try, make sure that you have DNS MITM in place. After that, do the following:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending update is deleted and cache is cleared.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
If nothing worked, you can check this thread as well and maybe one of the other mentioned solutions will work for you.

Last edited by Blythe93,

CrazyPigGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Since you're using sigpatches, check your hekate_ipl.ini file inside the bootloader folder on your SD card and see if there's kip1patch=nosigchk under sysMMC CFW option. Sometimes that file can get overwritten if sigpatches aren't the last thing that was updated.
This was set correctly. I was following a guide when updating which mentioned this.
While sigpatches should work, you can install sys-patch module as well. Optionally, you can install Tesla + nx-ovlloader as that will allow you to see whether sys-patch is working properly, after you press L + D-pad Down + R (Stick) combo, select sys-patch, followed by Log. It should say Patched (if it's green, it's good; if it's orange, it means that it's already patched with sigpatches). Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all.
This didn't work, but at least now I can be sure that the sigpatches should be working. I also tried reinstalling all my sigpatches and updating using the updater that was linked with the sys-patch module.
Other than that, did you try getting into the maintenance mode in order to clear cache?
Before you try, make sure that you have DNS MITM in place. After that, do the following:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending update is deleted and cache is cleared.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
I did this 2 times just to be sure, but it also didn't fix anything.
If nothing worked, you can check this thread as well and maybe one of the other mentioned solutions will work for you.
I found this thread some time ago as well. I tried everything in the thread except the last resort. I will try that this weekend probably when I have enough time.

Update:
I have tried installing everything (hekate, atmosphere and sigpatches) on a new sdcard. Looks like it works there, so I'm just gonna have to backup and reinstall all my games.

Update 2:
Just deleted the atmosphere and bootloader folder and replaced them with the ones on the new sd card, I also replaced everything in the switch folder and the old sd card works again now.

Last edited by CrazyPigGaming,

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I made a thread in the NS forum with this content:

"Sup every1!
So today I opened my homebrew launcher on the switch via title override, held R but it just gave me black screen: the console crashed. Same for every other title or via album I tried everything: reinstalling athmosphere, reinstalling the hbmenu.nro on the root, updating Hekate... nothing worked.

PLS HELP!!
EDIT: forgot to mention that the Tinfoil nsp works fine.EDIT 2: this is probably related but if I open a cracked title it gives me the atmosfhere error page. Legal titles and carts work fine."

@impeeza told me to post here the override_config.ini in the config folder of athmosphere, but there is no such file, only system_settings.ini...

PLS HELP 😭

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copying to my PC did nothing, NONE of my USB cords work. Do i need to reinstall the switch's USB driver? I feel like that's it.
I'm going to try DBI on a different computer. If this doesn't work, what should I do?
I feel like my options are to reinstall the switch's native USB driver (but where would I find it), or to give it a factory reset and then rehack it. The second option wouldn't be too hard but it'd be annoying.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I made a thread in the NS forum with this content:

"Sup every1!
So today I opened my homebrew launcher on the switch via title override, held R but it just gave me black screen: the console crashed. Same for every other title or via album I tried everything: reinstalling athmosphere, reinstalling the hbmenu.nro on the root, updating Hekate... nothing worked.

PLS HELP!!
EDIT: forgot to mention that the Tinfoil nsp works fine.EDIT 2: this is probably related but if I open a cracked title it gives me the atmosfhere error page. Legal titles and carts work fine."

@impeeza told me to post here the override_config.ini in the config folder of athmosphere, but there is no such file, only system_settings.ini...

PLS HELP 😭
Download again and extract to the root of your SD card the latest atmospère https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.