Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

cityslicker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I install a mod chip, do I need a way to push a payload to the switch when I boot the device? Or does the switch automatically boot into hekate?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ok so I am completely new to modding my switch and I need help I have a serial number that starts with xkw5 and firmware version 18.0.0 animal crossing edition if that matters
As far as I can tell, that model's patched i.e. you'll need a modchip in order to hack it.

If I install a mod chip, do I need a way to push a payload to the switch when I boot the device? Or does the switch automatically boot into hekate?
As far as I know, it automatically boots into Hekate provided you have all the necessary files on your SD card. Otherwise you'll just get the "No SD card" screen.

sleak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I accidentally blew out this small black component just right there but I don’t know where It is now.
I was wondering If someone is able to identify It and give me the reference please.

(Nintendo Switch V1)

Attachments

• IMG_6097.jpeg
    IMG_6097.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6095.jpeg
    IMG_6095.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 5

Ex000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi im having problems with some games on tinfoil it keeps saying corrupted data detected for my smash bros. I have the latest sigpatches (i think) and my ams version is 1.7.0
Also i tried to get mario kart 8 and smash again and it says completed but nothing is there on the home menu or tinfoil
image.jpg

Someone please help me out 🙏🙏
Edit: forgot to also say it said when I downloaded the game failed register placeholder nca?

Another edit: this just happened help sometimes hate this thing

Last edited by Ex000,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also i tried to get mario kart 8 and smash again and it says completed but nothing is there on the home menu or tinfoil
View attachment 430696

Edit: forgot to also say it said when I downloaded the game failed register placeholder nca?
View attachment 430659
Another edit: this just happened help sometimes hate this thing
Is your SD card legit and working properly? If you're not sure, check with h2testw and see if there are any errors. Note that during testing, you will lose your SD card's contents.

If you're sure that it's not an SD card issue, check if there's enough free space on your SD card. Otherwise, I'd update or reinstall Tinfoil and try again. Or, even better, try another installer like DBI. Here's a decent video tutorial on its usage.

birkhoff

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey folks, So, I've got this Nintendo Switch with an HWFly modchip installed (IDK wich version). I decided to switch out my microSD card for a bigger one. But after powering it back on, instead of booting into Atmosphere, it's stuck in stock mode. The modchip blinks red then blue. I put back my old SD card, and the same thing happened. I appreciate any help.

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently bought a 512gb Samsung micro SD from Amazon, to use in my Switch. It was meant to be an upgrade for the 256gb sd that I had previously used with it for a couple of years. I finally got around to putting a few games on it, and I got these errors in hekate. The games I installed won't work, either. In addition, the SD card (or the Switch) won't let me install Unicorn Overlord of DNF Duel on it. Is this a problem with my SD card, my Switch, or both?

Attachments

• 20240409_205222.jpg
    20240409_205222.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240409_205401.jpg
    20240409_205401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I recently bought a 512gb Samsung micro SD from Amazon, to use in my Switch. It was meant to be an upgrade for the 256gb sd that I had previously used with it for a couple of years. I finally got around to putting a few games on it, and I got these errors in hekate. The games I installed won't work, either. In addition, the SD card (or the Switch) won't let me install Unicorn Overlord of DNF Duel on it. Is this a problem with my SD card, my Switch, or both?
It's almost sure your card is fake/dying, so backup all files on your SD card on your pc, format it to fat 32 using fat32 format (https://gbatemp.net/download/gui-format.33869/) then test your sd card using H2Testw (https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539)

And let us to know the result

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's almost sure your card is fake/dying, so backup all files on your SD card on your pc, format it to fat 32 using fat32 format (https://gbatemp.net/download/gui-format.33869/) then test your sd card using H2Testw (https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539)

And let us to know the result
Something interesting happened.

I put the sd card in my PC to format, and it showed two drives: D (which it calls "USB Drive") and E (SDXC). D is 448gb in size; E is 29.1gb.

When I installed the new sd card into the Switch, I used hekate to do something to it; I just can't remember what. (I have health-related memory problems.) I do remember that I created an emunand (I was clueless when I first hacked my Switch, and used the sysnand for atmosphere). I also have a vague memory of creating a partition in this sd card - whether it was to backup something on the Switch, I don't know.

So it seems like the partition was what was failing. I opened up the D drive, and it had atmosphere-related folders in it. (I formatted both drives D and E though, so now it's empty.)

Anyway, here is the H2Testw result:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 72.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 83.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

That is the result on E. I still need to test D. Thank you for helping me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting happened.

I put the sd card in my PC to format, and it showed two drives: D (which it calls "USB Drive") and E (SDXC). D is 448gb in size; E is 29.1gb.

When I installed the new sd card into the Switch, I used hekate to do something to it; I just can't remember what. (I have health-related memory problems.) I do remember that I created an emunand (I was clueless when I first hacked my Switch, and used the sysnand for atmosphere). I also have a vague memory of creating a partition in this sd card - whether it was to backup something on the Switch, I don't know.

So it seems like the partition was what was failing. I opened up the D drive, and it had atmosphere-related folders in it. (I formatted both drives D and E though, so now it's empty.)

Anyway, here is the H2Testw result:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 72.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 83.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

That is the result on E. I still need to test D. Thank you for helping me.

The D partition probably was a hidden partition emunand, and the E partition was the rest of your file on the sd card.

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A couple questions folks.

Firstly, is it possible for me to check the firmware version of my SysNAND CFW? I'm keen to know what firmware version it's currently running out of sheer curiosity. I haven't used it for well over 18+ months and I'd like to keep it as low as possible.

Also, would I need to update to the latest firmware Nintendo OS version if I ever wanted to play online on my SysNAND CFW? As tempting as it is to play online, I'm more than content playing backup games offline using EmuNAND (Atmosphere) instead.

And lastly, is it worth installing Android onto my Switch? It seems like it could be useful since I don't own a tablet and it would be cool being able to watch the likes of Youtube and surf the web portably on the go rather than having to use my smaller mobile phone screen. That being said, if it's buggy or troublesome getting up and running, I think I'd rather just leave it since I'm happy with how things are currently running with my Switch at the moment. I'd be worried I'd screw something up and have to start from scratch all over again. I've done that once before and I don't fancy doing it again just because I can't stop tinkering. Somethings are best left alone.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
A couple questions folks.

Firstly, is it possible for me to check the firmware version of my SysNAND CFW? I'm keen to know what firmware version it's currently running out of sheer curiosity. I haven't used it for well over 18+ months and I'd like to keep it as low as possible.

Also, would I need to update to the latest firmware Nintendo OS version if I ever wanted to play online on my SysNAND CFW? As tempting as it is to play online, I'm more than content playing backup games offline using EmuNAND (Atmosphere) instead.

And lastly, is it worth installing Android onto my Switch? It seems like it could be useful since I don't own a tablet and it would be cool being able to watch the likes of Youtube and surf the web portably on the go rather than having to use my smaller mobile phone screen. That being said, if it's buggy or troublesome getting up and running, I think I'd rather just leave it since I'm happy with how things are currently running with my Switch at the moment. I'd be worried I'd screw something up and have to start from scratch all over again. I've done that once before and I don't fancy doing it again just because I can't stop tinkering. Somethings are best left alone.
The system version of any running (*)NAND can be determinated on Settings-System there you can see the HOS version and Atmosphère version

You need to be on latest supported firmware for online play, normally you don't need the latest firmware for a few weeks after release.

Android is only if you really like android for youtube you can look if there is homebrew for it.

Reactions: Blythe93

grooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to see which patches are loaded from atmosphere/exefs_patches?

I downloaded the patch for Mario35 and am not sure how to check that it's working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1