Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RenoldTheSecond

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Getting "Failed to commit content records" error when installing games on Tinfoil.

I've got a 1.5tb sd card with 300gb of storage left, everything is up to date, and I even tried reinstalling everything.
Not sure what's causing this issue, any help would be appreciated. Last time I asked about it here my post was deleted without a reason, so I hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

When a game is installed it seems to work fine until I completely reboot the system, which causes it to show an update needing to be installed that doesn't exist.

Aisback1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey lovely people. It appears I'm in a sticky situation and need some help.

I followed this guide and when it came to this part I went back to my switch and my PC is saying No RCM device detected. I have tried various resets, I have done the Zadig driver thing , tried various cables , PC's / laptops and I don't know what to do.

My switch has a blank screen and I desperately needs some help. Can you guys assist me please. It is a V1 switch

Extra Info. I panicked and thought perhaps my SD card got corrupted so I formatted it and put the files back onto it but still the same

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there a way to see which patches are loaded from atmosphere/exefs_patches?

I downloaded the patch for Mario35 and am not sure how to check that it's working.
Running Mario 35th anniversary.
Post automatically merged:

Hey lovely people. It appears I'm in a sticky situation and need some help.

I followed this guide and when it came to this part I went back to my switch and my PC is saying No RCM device detected. I have tried various resets, I have done the Zadig driver thing , tried various cables , PC's / laptops and I don't know what to do.

My switch has a blank screen and I desperately needs some help. Can you guys assist me please. It is a V1 switch

Extra Info. I panicked and thought perhaps my SD card got corrupted so I formatted it and put the files back onto it but still the same

never, ever follow video guides they got outdated even the publishing day, go to https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Could it be that it's stuck in RCM mode? Try holding power button for about 20 sec or so and release it afterwards. Your Switch will be powered down. Then you can try getting into RCM again.

Can I safely update my sysNAND to the latest version (18?) through the pop up and continue using my emuNAND which is on a lower firmware?
As far as I'm aware of both Hekate and Atmosphere have support for 18.0.0 so I don't think there should be a problem down the road, but wait for someone else to confirm as well. I personally keep my sysNAND firmware the lowest possible on my hacked Switches.

Aisback1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could it be that it's stuck in RCM mode? Try holding power button for about 20 sec or so and release it afterwards. Your Switch will be powered down. Then you can try getting into RCM again.

As far as I'm aware of both Hekate and Atmosphere have support for 18.0.0 so I don't think there should be a problem down the road, but wait for someone else to confirm as well. I personally keep my sysNAND firmware the lowest possible on my hacked Switches.

Just tried it and no luck

Reactions: Blythe93

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country

Thank you, I will await further confirmation.

havocphoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I am a programmer and I want to mod a game (Unicorn Overlord) to disable a single UI element, hopefully it's not something too complicated.

I have no idea where to start though. All the info I find is for using romhacks, not making them. Can someone give me the slightest hint?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Can I safely update my sysNAND to the latest version (18?) through the pop up and continue using my emuNAND which is on a lower firmware?
That's literally the whole point of emuMMC. Well, kind of but in reverse because the purpose of emuMMC is for it to be on the latest firmware instead of sysMMC but the same logic applies; sysMMC and emuMMC operate independently of one another. They can be on totally different firmware versions because they act like separate consoles with the only similarity being the hardware that they share. Although personally I don't see any reason in updating to firmware 18.0 as no content requires it aside from online play.

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I have an OLED Switch with a modchip on Firmware 18.0 with the latest versions of Hekate & Atmosphere + Tesla Menu installed.

I recently installed Studios Pancakes to quickly switch between my firmwares (Hekate, EMUMMC, SYSMMC) so from atmosphere to Switchroot (Android 11). My question is how do I achieve the same menu in Switchroot (android 11) so i can easily switch to another firmware without having to use the power button to restart the console, boot into Hekate and choose my firmware from there?

Noexes is a debugging tool used by Switch Developers. 99.9% chance you don’t need it.

https://github.com/mdbell/Noexes
“A graphical remote debugger for the Nintendo Switch”

This guy, right?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/status-monitor-overlay-tesla-overlay-to-monitor-your-hardware.558505/

What steps are you taking and what works/doesn’t work along the way?

So far no issues. Everything plays like normal.

What games are we talking about? Trying to ascertain whether these are ports or straight up homebrew.

Hey following up on the Noexes sysmodule, how do i remove it? Besides the OVI file anything else on the SD Card that i need to delete?

Last edited by captansam,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the txt file for configuring DNS MITM there are the following:

127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Can someone explain what the benefit of using 95.216.149.205 (LavaDNS?) vs 127.0.0.1 (loopback) would be for the last two? If any. Wouldn't it be better to set them all to loopback?

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys.
I want to load Princess peach game. DBI told me that I'm on an old FW, I'm on 16.0.2. and 1.6.2 Atmosphere.
Wich FW this game require?
Thank you!

Last edited by elohim1,

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the txt file for configuring DNS MITM there are the following:

127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Can someone explain what the benefit of using 95.216.149.205 (LavaDNS?) vs 127.0.0.1 (loopback) would be for the last two? If any. Wouldn't it be better to set them all to loopback?
Those are needed for the connection tests to work. That's the last screen you see when you set up a WiFi connection through the console settings, where it checks if the connection is working, and loopback won't be enough for that, it has to connect and get a reply back. Otherwise you can't finish setting up a WiFi properly.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are needed for the connection tests to work. That's the last screen you see when you set up a WiFi connection through the console settings, where it checks if the connection is working, and loopback won't be enough for that, it has to connect and get a reply back. Otherwise you can't finish setting up a WiFi properly.

Isn't the ctest sigpatch (or when it's patched from sys-patch) supposed to remedy that though? Skip the connection test?

Reactions: Nephiel

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the ctest sigpatch (or when it's patched from sys-patch) supposed to remedy that though? Skip the connection test?
I didn't know about that. So I looked into it a bit more, and certainly seems you are right. If so, one would assume there's no need for those two DNS MITM entries, but probably doesn't hurt to have them as a fallback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo