Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you didn't make a NAND backup before hacking, it is currently impossible to make a clean NAND. Also, AutoRCM does not drain the battery; leaving the console mistakenly in RCM drains battery. Either do not turn off the console and leave it in Sleep Mode or power it off properly by ensuring you always power it off in RCM with either a manual shutdown (holding the power button for 12 seconds) or using the Power Off function in Hekate. And ChoiDujourNX installs AutoRCM by default.

Right now I have an untouched launch console. I'm just trying to figure out the right steps. Assume a completely stock untouched system, how do I make a clean backup? Isn't some level of hack necessary to run the programs that make a backup? Thanks for the reply!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have an untouched launch console. I'm just trying to figure out the right steps. Assume a completely stock untouched system, how do I make a clean backup? Isn't some level of hack necessary to run the programs that make a backup? Thanks for the reply!
Use the bootloader/payload Hekate to backup the NAND since the one it makes is as clean as possible. This is because Hekate is loaded before the NAND so technically, the NAND it backups is untouched.

Reactions: anothertemper

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the bootloader/payload Hekate to backup the NAND since the one it makes is as clean as possible. This is because Hekate is loaded before the NAND so technically, the NAND it backups is untouched.

Thanks! Are there any issues with a 1.0 firmware system that I need to be aware of (program compatibility, RCM methods, etc.)?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Are there any issues with a 1.0 firmware system that I need to be aware of (program compatibility, RCM methods, etc.)?
Most homebrew apps and games will not run on firmware 1.0 so I suggest you update your firmware. For updating your firmware, I suggest using ChoiDujourNX since it won't burn fuses when you update which prevent downgrades in the first place. Do note it will install AutoRCM by default to prevent fuses from being burnt if you happen to boot into non-RCM OFW however AutoRCM is harmless and more useful than most people believe. If you have any doubts or concerns about AutoRCM, I would highly recommend you read through this thread then ask any other questions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...es-not-turn-off-a-switch-with-autorcm.515402/

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I download older versions of SX OS? I accidentally updated to OFW 6.0 when I tried entering a game and for one second of inattention I was immediately forced into a system update. But I heard that 2.0 on 6.0 is still unstable and buggy but 1.9 is a lot better. But I cannot find 1.9 anywhere, not on sxos website or just through a google search. Would really appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction. Thanks!

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use autorcm do I still need to payload/plug in cable every time I boot?

Also I need micro USB to USB c otg for nxloader, anyone got a specific amazon link to a trusted cable? I don't want to Bork my system with a cheap Chinese cable...

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I use autorcm do I still need to payload/plug in cable every time I boot?

Also I need micro USB to USB c otg for nxloader, anyone got a specific amazon link to a trusted cable? I don't want to Bork my system with a cheap Chinese cable...
you do still need the payload and USB cable everytime you boot, the only thing autorcm eliminates is the process of going into RCM mode, i.e. using the jig and pressing the + and power button.
As for your second question, just buy an expensive Chinese or non-Chinese cable if you're worried about cheap Chinese cable.

Last edited by daijobu,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I download older versions of SX OS? I accidentally updated to OFW 6.0 when I tried entering a game and for one second of inattention I was immediately forced into a system update. But I heard that 2.0 on 6.0 is still unstable and buggy but 1.9 is a lot better. But I cannot find 1.9 anywhere, not on sxos website or just through a google search. Would really appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction. Thanks!
https://gbatemp.net/download/sx-os-a-cfw-for-nintendo-switch.35167/

Reactions: daijobu

Supapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i'm completely lost on where to start.
I have a updated Switch on 6.0. Am i able to run HB on it?
Could someone show me the way please?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm completely lost on where to start.
I have a updated Switch on 6.0. Am i able to run HB on it?
Could someone show me the way please?
First, check if your Switch is patched by checking the first post of this thread. It has a listing of patched and unpatched serial numbers. If yours isn't patched, then you're good to go but if it is patched, then you will either have to return the console for an exploitable one or wait an indefinite amount of time for an exploit that will work on it. FYI, if it is patched and on firmware 6.0, I would highly recommend returning it as there is no sign of another exploit working on that firmware.

Supapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, check if your Switch is patched by checking the first post of this thread. It has a listing of patched and unpatched serial numbers. If yours isn't patched, then you're good to go but if it is patched, then you will either have to return the console for an exploitable one or wait an indefinite amount of time for an exploit that will work on it. FYI, if it is patched and on firmware 6.0, I would highly recommend returning it as there is no sign of another exploit working on that firmware.

So i have a XAW100072 guess it is unpatched so?..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a XAW100072 guess it is unpatched so?..
If your Switch is unpatched, then simply follow the guide of the CFW you wish to use.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/
The only difference between ReiNX and Atmosphere is that ReiNX is more user-friendly while Atmosphere has more options but both do the same things when it comes to the end user such as allow homebrew and play backups (in .NSP format).

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware offline to firmware 6.0, you will be immediately flagged by Nintendo since it is currently impossible to go to that firmware without going online on account of no cartridges coming with that firmware.

So if I use Cdj to update to 5.1 from 3.0, while maintaining my 3 burnt fuses, going online is relatively safe? Does Nintendo scan and compare FW vs. Burnt fuses?

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped keeping up with the scene for about a month. Since then SX OS has introduced emunand as a feature into their CFW. My question is whether this is undetectable from Nintendo? All I want to do is run classic roms and watch movies on CFW and play my legit games on OFW without getting banned. I've read some mixed things about SX OS's emunand not being real emunand and detectable, while others saying it's safe. I've also read that if an SD card emunand becomes possible that would be the safest method to avoid a ban. Can anyone clarify this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped keeping up with the scene for about a month. Since then SX OS has introduced emunand as a feature into their CFW. My question is whether this is undetectable from Nintendo? All I want to do is run classic roms and watch movies on CFW and play my legit games on OFW without getting banned. I've read some mixed things about SX OS's emunand not being real emunand and detectable, while others saying it's safe. I've also read that if an SD card emunand becomes possible that would be the safest method to avoid a ban. Can anyone clarify this?
My personal opinion is its unsafe since it produces an up to 15 GB file (this is basically the EmuNAND you run) that is stored in your console. An SD card variation would be safer but not 100% undetectable.

Reactions: Scipio_

kuraiholy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what burns fuses? I'm somewhat familiar with that from old samsung phone hacking. I'm using an older Switch with 6.0 installed and I'm thinking about getting the SX Pro. I'm only going to save edit, so I don't really plan on doing anything else along the lines of backups or even doing the autorcm. Do I run the risk of burning fuses?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what burns fuses? I'm somewhat familiar with that from old samsung phone hacking. I'm using an older Switch with 6.0 installed and I'm thinking about getting the SX Pro. I'm only going to save edit, so I don't really plan on doing anything else along the lines of backups or even doing the autorcm. Do I run the risk of burning fuses?
Fuses are burnt when you update the firmware officially. More specifically, they are burnt when the console reboots and you see the Nintendo logo because the bootloader of the Switch is the only thing that burns fuses. Downloading the exFAT update online also burns fuses.

Reactions: kuraiholy

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal opinion is its unsafe since it produces an up to 15 GB file (this is basically the EmuNAND you run) that is stored in your console. An SD card variation would be safer but not 100% undetectable.

So there's never going to be a 100% safe method, right?

If you get banned there's no way to update your OS and therefore you'd be missing out on newer games that would require a recent OS. Is that also right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's never going to be a 100% safe method, right?

If you get banned there's no way to update your OS and therefore you'd be missing out on newer games that would require a recent OS. Is that also right?
No but I believe restoring a clean NAND before going online is about as safe gets, EmuNAND or not. If you really want to be safe with EmuNAND, you would go online in SyNAND OFW and use CFW in EmuNAND offline as well as remove the SD card when you go online.

If you get banned, you can update all of your games and your system firmware offline with Tinfoil and ChoiDujourNX, respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8