Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

p0tent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if CFW on the Switch will ever become like how it was for the PS3. It was nice just putting the CFW on a flash drive and installing it :)

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any recommendations for a USB C to A cable that will work when the times come to use Fusee? I'm looking for a standalone rather than spending $70 on the Pro Controller.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if CFW on the Switch will ever become like how it was for the PS3. It was nice just putting the CFW on a flash drive and installing it :)
it'll probably be possible to do it like that in the future. switch hacking is still in the early stages

Qulox

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
To be sure it will work buy a Belkin or Anker brand cable, or any other cable that is certified. It may work with others but I bought an Anker one just to be sure.
Any recommendations for a USB C to A cable that will work when the times come to use Fusee? I'm looking for a standalone rather than spending $70 on the Pro Controller.

Sent from my Mi Max Prime using Tapatalk

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question, i really researched the best i could but could not find a specific answer so forgive me if it is really obvious.

Im pretty sure my new Switch is facing the new "super nag", it is in 3.0.2 version but after i ended up connecting to the internet to use SwitchBru it is asking me for update for every single thing.

So my question is: is there anything i can do now right now? is it still worth it to keep in 3.0.2 in these circunstances? I dont mind waiting for the CFW if it can fix this issue and let me install it more easily.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall, emunand will be 32gb eaten up from our SD cards, will we lose all 32gb, or can we still install games to the 32gb portion that was eaten up? I hope my question actually makes sense. :P

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for softmod do you still need USB connection? I know you don't need to short pins.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, i really researched the best i could but could not find a specific answer so forgive me if it is really obvious.

Im pretty sure my new Switch is facing the new "super nag", it is in 3.0.2 version but after i ended up connecting to the internet to use SwitchBru it is asking me for update for every single thing.

So my question is: is there anything i can do now right now? is it still worth it to keep in 3.0.2 in these circunstances? I dont mind waiting for the CFW if it can fix this issue and let me install it more easily.
Unfortunately, we don't have the means to fix it. Of course, with the CFW, we can fix it, but for right now unless you really wanna use the Switch's online, you're gonna have to just suck it up. I can assure you that there are people working on a fix. It just sort of caught everyone off guard. At least everyone can always fall back on the hardmod if worse comes to worst.
If I recall, emunand will be 32gb eaten up from our SD cards, will we lose all 32gb, or can we still install games to the 32gb portion that was eaten up? I hope my question actually makes sense. :P
EmuNAND is basically a copy of your system's NAND onto something we can control, like an SD Card. Think of all of your files on your C Drive as an example. If you make a duplicate of those, you can operate a second computer. You just need the space to fit those files. That is why its recommended to get at least a 64 GB SD card. And although you may be able to fit the EmuNAND on a 64 GB, you won't have much space left for games afterwards.

So for softmod do you still need USB connection? I know you don't need to short pins.
Yes because the USB connection is used to send payloads e.g. installing CFW. The difference between softmod and hardmod is enabling RCM or recovery mode which is what is used to send stuff via USB because otherwise, the Switch won't accept random files from us.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately, we don't have the means to fix it. Of course, with the CFW, we can fix it, but for right now unless you really wanna use the Switch's online, you're gonna have to just suck it up. I can assure you that there are people working on a fix. It just sort of caught everyone off guard. At least everyone can always fall back on the hardmod if worse comes to worst.

Thanks for the answer! i think i'll just wait then, i dont want to use the hardmod all the time in the future after CFW launches.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer! i think i'll just wait then, i dont want to use the hardmod all the time in the future after CFW launches.
The problem is to install CFW, the software based exploits require connection to the internet. So you might have to do the hardmod just once to install it then use software based exploits to boot the CFW.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is to install CFW, the software based exploits require connection to the internet. So you might have to do the hardmod just once to install it then use software based exploits to boot the CFW.

Thank you very much for your help! If i understood correctly then i just use the hardmod once to install CFW and after that i can safely use the softmod exploit?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your help! If i understood correctly then i just use the hardmod once to install CFW and after that i can safely use the softmod exploit?
That's the plan. But, the software solution for 3.01-4.1 isn't publicly available, yet. It does exist and we have seen it being executed on hacked Switches. According to one of the members of the team working on the CFW, they stated the software exploit will be released sometime after the launch of the CFW. So the problem is we won't know how long we will have to wait but I can't imagine that long. One of the reasons they're holding them back is because the new Mariko Switches, which will fixed the hardmod exploit, may be vulnerable to the unreleased sofware exploits.

IMO, the hardmod is as simple as jamming a bent paperclip into the Switch. And since you will have to do it at least once, it won't be that difficult to do it multiple times. But its down to your preference in the end.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the plan. But, the software solution for 3.01-4.1 isn't publicly available, yet. It does exist and we have seen it being executed on hacked Switches. According to one of the members of the team working on the CFW, they stated the software exploit will be released sometime after the launch of the CFW. So the problem is we won't know how long we will have to wait but I can't imagine that long. One of the reasons they're holding them back is because the new Mariko Switches, which will fixed the hardmod exploit, may be vulnerable to the unreleased sofware exploits.

IMO, the hardmod is as simple as jamming a bent paperclip into the Switch. And since you will have to do it at least once, it won't be that difficult to do it multiple times. But its down to your preference in the end.

I see, im gonna build my first "Jig" next week and try to acess RCM for the first time, if its really that simple (for a inexperienced user like me) i think im gonna go along and update.

Did you update yours?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, im gonna build my first "Jig" next week and try to acess RCM for the first time, if its really that simple (for a inexperienced user like me) i think im gonna go along and update.

Did you update yours?
My situation is a bit weird. Odyssey was the reason I bought a Switch but homebrew was available for 3.0 at the time. It was the only firmware at the time that had potential for something more. But to play Odyssey meant I would lose homebrew and a potential future hack. So what I decided was to buy 2 Switches;one for myself that would be totally up to date and one for my little brother. Fast forward to the announcements of Fusee Gelee and Atmosphere and now firmware status matters a lot less. Although my brother's is still on 3.0, mine miraculously managed to stay on 4.1 and since 5.X has currently no known software exploits, I haven't updated. I've managed to boot into RCM once with 2 screwdrivers, but I didn't have a proper USB cable then. Now that I have one, I can't seem to get to do it again. I wanted to use the only appropriately-sized paperclip we have left in our house, but my brother won't let me use it because he considers it a waste. For now, he does have a point as there's not much for end-users such as myself.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My situation is a bit weird. Odyssey was the reason I bought a Switch but homebrew was available for 3.0 at the time. It was the only firmware at the time that had potential for something more. But to play Odyssey meant I would lose homebrew and a potential future hack. So what I decided was to buy 2 Switches;one for myself that would be totally up to date and one for my little brother. Fast forward to the announcements of Fusee Gelee and Atmosphere and now firmware status matters a lot less. Although my brother's is still on 3.0, mine miraculously managed to stay on 4.1 and since 5.X has currently no known software exploits, I haven't updated. I've managed to boot into RCM once with 2 screwdrivers, but I didn't have a proper USB cable then. Now that I have one, I can't seem to get to do it again. I wanted to use the only appropriately-sized paperclip we have left in our house, but my brother won't let me use it because he considers it a waste. For now, he does have a point as there's not much for end-users such as myself.
I just use 1 philiPh head screwdriver and put it in between pins 9 and 10

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yeah you have a point there, i think i'll just wait patiently since im busy with my studies for the next couple months anyway.

Just out of curiosity, why using screwdrivers which seems a lot more complex than building the Jig on 3d impression? From my research its really far easier and completely safe method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1