Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
You must not know how to read if you think 6.2 isn’t supported . They should have a algorithm to ban people like yourself from spreading mis information and making un informed people more confused!

Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that so? They should make a wall to keep your sponsoring out. In all seriousness, I was not aware of SX
supporting 6.2.0, because they were not first and because their website does not advertise it as we speak.
I already invested in a third-party dongle and jig. I do not plan to purchase a license from a company with a
poor track record. And I am not interested in the extra functionality of EmuNAND + USB Loading.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude take your needless negativity and posts displaying your inability to research and or read somewhere else.

no one is sponsoring crap - when I wanted info I found this site - i quickly saw SX is most supported and has most updates - period if you wanna use stuff that doesnt have support and is free and lacks GUI and all kinds of other stuff fine - do whatever you want - but DO NOT come on here spreading mis information about SX not working on 6.2 because whatever EXCUSE YOU WANT TO PUT IN THE BLANK - there is none for ignorance. period

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
dude take your needless negativity and posts displaying your inability to research and or read somewhere else.

no one is sponsoring crap - when I wanted info I found this site - i quickly saw SX is most supported and has most updates - period if you wanna use stuff that doesnt have support and is free and lacks GUI and all kinds of other stuff fine - do whatever you want - but DO NOT come on here spreading mis information about SX not working on 6.2 because whatever EXCUSE YOU WANT TO PUT IN THE BLANK - there is none for ignorance. period

It was not my intent to spread such mis-information. When the 6.2.0 keys where dumped, NS-Atmosphere was
the first to my knowledge to support 6.2.0. SX did not make it clear if they supported 6.2.0, so I thought they did
not. There main website to this day, does not say 6.2.0 NOW SUPPORTED or something within those lines.
Regardless, at this point I do not intend to purchase an SX license, we already established that due to whatever
reason that may be. And if we recall, you where the first one to be hostile, GBATemp is open community that
does NOT ban or censor people based on they may have not known. If you do not intend to answer my questions
please just end the discussion now.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was not my intent to spread such mis-information. When the 6.2.0 keys where dumped, NS-Atmosphere was
the first to my knowledge to support 6.2.0. SX did not make it clear if they supported 6.2.0, so I thought they did
not. There main website to this day, does not say 6.2.0 NOW SUPPORTED or something within those lines.
Regardless, at this point I do not intend to purchase an SX license, we already established that due to whatever
reason that may be. And if we recall, you where the first one to be hostile, GBATemp is open community that
does NOT ban or censor people based on they may have not known. If you do not intend to answer my questions
please just end the discussion now.
the answer to your question is go read FAQ with SX os since you are unaware how it works then you need to do that first - your questions should be non existent then. if you are able to you know, read..

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
the answer to your question is go read FAQ with SX os since you are unaware how it works then you need to do that first - your questions should be non existent then. if you are able to you know, read..

My god, go fuck yourself you butt-hurt American. This forum is a Noob Paradise. I DO NOT WANT TO USE SX-OS.
UNDERSTOOD? I INTEND IN USING NS-ATMOSPHERE. I already read several guides, so do not assume otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To reiterate, these where my questions...

I have a Nintendo Switch Console with Serial XAW70017359... (Lower than XAW700178)
and a System Version of 6.2.0 (Now working with Atmosphere).

But, I plan to use a 256GB SD Card (exFAT) should I format the card with the Switch and
update in order to use exFAT to avoid enabling exFAT through ChoidujourNX. Or just do that
after installing CFW and backing up NAND?

What are pros and cons of using ReiNX vs NS Atmosphere and what is Hekate?

Last question for now at least, would you guys recommend AutoRCM? I heard some users
reporting problems. Or is using jig and dongle safer?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello members of GBATemp,

I have a Nintendo Switch Console with Serial XAW70017359... (Lower than XAW700178)
and a System Version of 6.2.0 (Now working with Atmosphere).

But, I plan to use a 256GB SD Card (exFAT) should I format the card with the Switch and
update in order to use exFAT to avoid enabling exFAT through ChoidujourNX. Or just do that
after installing CFW and backing up NAND?

What are pros and cons of using ReiNX vs NS Atmosphere and what is Hekate?

Last question for now at least, would you guys recommend AutoRCM? I heard some users
reporting problems. Or is using jig and dongle safer?

Thanks.
Since the other user is not helping you...

FAT32 is better than exFAT because it has no chance at corruption and you don't have to worry about whether or not your firmware supports exFAT. Not to mention there are many ways to bypass the 4 GB limit on FAT32 depending on the file type you are transferring. But ChoiDujourNX is the best way to patch exFAT support to any firmware except 1.0. You also don't need exFAT support to dump your NAND if you're using Hekate because Hekate is loaded outside of the OS, Horizon, meaning exFAT support is irrelevant when it comes to Hekate. Speaking of Hekate, its a payload that doubles as a bootloader. A bootloader is what it says on the box; more specifically, its job is to load CFW however Hekate sets itself apart from other bootloaders in that it supports all CFW and comes with a wide variety of miscellaneous features such as AutoRCM and a battery de-sync fix.

Atmosphere is currently slightly better than ReiNX however that may change when ReiNX 2.0 comes out which is on the Horizon if you're keeping a close eye on the GitHub page. Atmosphere also requires additional signature patches in order to play "backups" unlike ReiNX but that's only a minor inconvenience.

The only issue with AutoRCM is that it bricks your console and you cannot turn it on without sending a payload. If you don't like leaving your console on and/or don't have a handy way of sending payloads available 24/7, then AutoRCM may not be for you. What people misinterpreted as an issue was believing that shutting down the console normally would fully shut it down which is not the case. Shutting down the console in OFW/CFW with AutoRCM enabled causes it to reboot into RCM. How do you turn it off then you might ask? Simply turn it off from RCM. Acceptable options include a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) and Hekate's Power Off function. If you want to save some wear and tear on your pins, AutoRCM is your best bet. If you have a really good and reliable jig, then you don't need AutoRCM.
Everyone points to this guide:

threads/how-to-install-run-any-switch-firmware-unofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

to fix my issue but I am currently stuck on Step 7 since I can't get into CFW to get the prod.keys file.
Since you can't get the keys from your console, you will have to obtain them online which is easy. That thread is a tutorial on how to use ChoiDujour and all of the keys necessary for using ChoiDujour can be found in the first post of the lockpick thread (which I noticed you already posted in). Just Google the names of the keys you need and they'll surely come up.

Reactions: Charli

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since I have to wait the 15th june for a new hack, can I keep updating the firmware of my switch until then?

And is there a place to follow the updates of incoming hacks?

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
+Draxzelex

I thought ReiNX 2.0 was released a week ago. I saw it in one of NeverCholt's videos. And is there
any way to change ReiNX boot up logo it looks ugly to me?

So do you recommend, I update my Switch for exFAT support directly with Nintendo's servers? Or
use ChoidujourNX after installing CFW, because exFAT is more convenient for me. This way I do
not have to split the XCIs or NSPs.

Thanks. Yeah, I was a little dubious of AutoRCM. Say after using TegraRCMGUI and installing CFW, I
no longer need my PC. I can just use my dongle and jig to boot up CFW if it powers down that is?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since I have to wait the 15th june for a new hack, can I keep updating the firmware of my switch until then?

And is there a place to follow the updates of incoming hacks?

What hack are you waiting for? 6.2.0 is also vulnerable now, assuming your Switch console is vulnerable.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everyone points to this guide:

threads/how-to-install-run-any-switch-firmware-unofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

to fix my issue but I am currently stuck on Step 7 since I can't get into CFW to get the prod.keys file.

Since you can't get the keys from your console, you will have to obtain them online which is easy. That thread is a tutorial on how to use ChoiDujour and all of the keys necessary for using ChoiDujour can be found in the first post of the lockpick thread (which I noticed you already posted in). Just Google the names of the keys you need and they'll surely come up.

I've been stumbling over the same step and was wondering how to acquire the keys.txt required by ChoiDujour
Couldn't he also use biskeydump? This thread seems to explain the process, I was about follow it's steps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-switch-keys-for-hactool-xci-decrypting.506978/

Last edited by Charli,

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What hack are you waiting for? 6.2.0 is also vulnerable now, assuming your Switch console is vulnerable.

Well my serial number is patched since it's a recent switch. When I asked when a new hack could come more or less, Draxzelex told me 15th june.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Well my serial number is patched since it's a recent switch. When I asked when a new hack could come more or less, Draxzelex told me 15th june.

Oh, why not just trade in for vulnerable system? Or get a used console in Wallapop.
And starting playing homebrews now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+Draxzelex

I thought ReiNX 2.0 was released a week ago. I saw it in one of NeverCholt's videos. And is there
any way to change ReiNX boot up logo it looks ugly to me?

So do you recommend, I update my Switch for exFAT support directly with Nintendo's servers? Or
use ChoidujourNX after installing CFW, because exFAT is more convenient for me. This way I do
not have to split the XCIs or NSPs.

Thanks. Yeah, I was a little dubious of AutoRCM. Say after using TegraRCMGUI and installing CFW, I
no longer need my PC. I can just use my dongle and jig to boot up CFW if it powers down that is?
Another reason why I dislike YouTubers...

I really have no idea what "Nevercholt" is referring to but ReiNX 2.0 has not been released. The changes are slowly being added to the GitHub page if you check the commit history, but a public compilation has not been distributed yet. I also highly doubt he's compiled it himself. If he has and has started distributing that, I wouldn't trust it as its not an official release. After the bricking fiascos with the SX OS crack and Pikachu Let's Go, I would be careful with all files I download and run or at least have a NAND backup ready at all times.

Anyways, there ways to install the .NSP files without splitting them and the main one is USB installation which is faster than the normal method so definitely no need for exFAT there. If you're going to be using .XCI files, you're stuck splitting them. And I would still recommend updating with ChoiDujourNX as updating officially to get exFAT is going to confuse you. Basically, exFAT support is firmware-specific and officially Nintendo won't let you download the exFAT update without being on the latest firmware and you already lack exFAT support. As an example, say you update right now to 6.2 with exFAT support officially. Then hypothetically Nintendo releases firmware 6.3. Now if you were to update from 6.2 with exFAT to 6.3 officially, you would lose exFAT support. Why? Because the firmware you just download doesn't have exFAT support built-in. To get exFAT support, you have to be on a firmware without exFAT then insert an exFAT formatted SD card to get the update prompt. Meaning to go from 6.2 with exFAT to 6.3 with exFAT, officially, involves updating your system twice.

Lastly, you don't install CFW. AutoRCM only removes the need for a jig to enter RCM. You still need to send payloads with or without a jig which you can do with a computer, phone, dongle, etc.

I've been stumbling over the same step and was wondering how to acquire the keys.txt required by ChoiDujour
Couldn't he also use biskeydump? This thread seems to explain the process, I was about follow it's steps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-switch-keys-for-hactool-xci-decrypting.506978/
Keys dumped via biskeydump are only used for decrypting the NAND. They aren't used in decrypting the firmware files for usage with ChoiDujour. Two different keys with two different purposes.

Reactions: Charli

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys, I'm trying to boot into rmc, but everytime I try it the system just doesn't turn on, I put the jig into the right rail, hold volume + then press power on but nothing... Then if I try to boot the system normaly I need to hold the power button for 20 secs, then press it again for it works correctly again, I'm on 6.2.0, my serial is XAW1005XXXXXXX :unsure:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm trying to boot into rmc, but everytime I try it the system just doesn't turn on, I put the jig into the right rail, hold volume + then press power on but nothing... Then if I try to boot the system normaly I need to hold the power button for 20 secs, then press it again for it works correctly again, I'm on 6.2.0, my serial is XAW1005XXXXXXX :unsure:
Booting into RCM doesn't turn on the system normally. If you've successfully booted into RCM, it will look like a black screen. Also your serial number has no bearing on whether or not you can enter RCM because even patched units still enter RCM. The only reason we know they're patched is because they fail to accept payloads in RCM.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
+Draxzelex

But, the most recent firmware is 6.2.0 and I can update to 6.2.0 w/ exFAT. If 6.3.0 is released later on
then I could use ChoiDujourNX.

What I am trying to avoid is SD card not being detected when I first install CFW through Hekate.
But, you mentioned how this is not an issue right? Can also dump my eMMC without the exFAT
update. Then update through ChoiDujourNX (man that is a long name and hard to spell).

Also, how do I convert XCI to NSP for use on NS-Atmosphere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you
    +2
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    is it just me or is the gbatemp group creation not working
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OfficialGamer, probably just you
    I think I'm banned from it XD (didn't even do anything on this website for a while)
    i516qp.png

)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OfficialGamer, try contacting a mod
    +1
    Ill see what I can do 👍
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or you dont have enough "privileges" @OfficialGamer
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I mean you are just level 1
    oh so I think I'm gonna try leveling up and see if I can access the page?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't even know how to upgrade levels, I'm still level 1 since 2017
    then if that doesn't work then im gonna contact support
    @NinStar your at level 10
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OfficialGamer, i think that was a joke
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OfficialGamer, i think that was a joke