Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked the store before buying if it would work on the v2 and they said it will.
Technically, it will, you’ll just need to buy a different lead and
Fuck, I think you're right. I'll return and buy the correct version. Thanks

This is the V1/V2 set from the same seller:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804088249819.html

* I am not endorsing or recommending any seller on AE. Just pointing out the model number. This one could be great or it could suck. I don’t know. The choice is up to you.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I am trying to transfer FF7 Crisis Core save from one CFW (Atmos) machine to another CFW (Atmos) machine.

I have tried using jksv checkpoint and one other but it doesn’t work the game loads up and says the save data is corrupted within the FF7 menu. The type of save data it seems to extract is
SAVEDATA_PROGESS (400kb ish)
and
SAVEDATA_SYSTEM (4kb)

I tried restoring without the System one too, no avail. Any ideas? Is this a new type of save game? Odd! Thanks

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all

I am trying to transfer FF7 Crisis Core save from one CFW (Atmos) machine to another CFW (Atmos) machine.

I have tried using jksv checkpoint and one other but it doesn’t work the game loads up and says the save data is corrupted within the FF7 menu. The type of save data it seems to extract is
SAVEDATA_PROGESS (400kb ish)
and
SAVEDATA_SYSTEM (4kb)

I tried restoring without the System one too, no avail. Any ideas? Is this a new type of save game? Odd! Thanks
could be that this game encrypts the save/ties it to a specific user so you cannot use another user's save.

Reactions: LuigiXL

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely yes. You will have to power off your Switch to change the face plate.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Front+Frame+Replacement/148737

Joycons will too, but they don’t have any impact on your hack.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Left+Joy-Con+Shell+Replacement/130378
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Right+Joy-Con+Shell+Replacement/130386

Hacking actually does nothing to the Switch itself. Remove the SDCard and reboot, and (as long as you never ran CFW on Sysnand) nobody would be able to tell it was ever hacked. Think of Atmosphere as an enhancing layer on top of the Switch OS that allows it to do extra things. It never actually changes anything underneath. When playing Animal crossing the save is written to the Nand you are using. Here’s a discussion on Reddit that goes into more detail about transfers but while you read it, keep in mind how I started off this answer and you’ll be able to see that when you rehack your switch everything will still be where you left it.

Thank you for this advice.

Unfortunately, I've encountered a new physical problem. Software appears to be 100% fine.

After doing the joycon faceplate change, the LEFT joycon does not charge--at least, that's the theory.

It worked fine for a day or so.

Now it doesn't connect to the switch at all. It doesn't respond to being "clicked" in, nor does it register when trying to pair. It worked once during troubleshooting and responded to the "click", but as soon as the joycon was removed, it stopped again.

When the pairing button is pushed, the pairing light will come on intermittently. It does not connect to the switch. The intermittent part may possibly related to the ZL button being slightly pressed down? Sometimes (once out of 100 times), by fiddling with the ZL button, the pairing light came on.

The switch works with other controllers so it doesn't appear to be an issue on the switch side.

I doublechecked the orientation of the battery and does not appear to be the issue.

Here are pics of the current joycon repair in progress--if this isn't the thread for this, I'll gladly remove and go there. Thanks in advance!

In pic "BATTERY", you can see this connector doesn't seem to be clipping very well, but it's still intact and holds the ribbon.

Attachments

• 318522682_1162265517711123_6837387387799147914_n.jpg
    318522682_1162265517711123_6837387387799147914_n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 318508814_1236647157195921_1755033017730628134_n.jpg
    318508814_1236647157195921_1755033017730628134_n.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 19
  • 318178087_1540427839760243_7564141425419542158_n.jpg
    318178087_1540427839760243_7564141425419542158_n.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 319021008_880633812952030_51108266141543338_n.jpg
    319021008_880633812952030_51108266141543338_n.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 19
  • battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 18

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this advice.

Unfortunately, I've encountered a new physical problem. Software appears to be 100% fine.

After doing the joycon faceplate change, the LEFT joycon does not charge--at least, that's the theory.

It worked fine for a day or so.

Now it doesn't connect to the switch at all. It doesn't respond to being "clicked" in, nor does it register when trying to pair. It worked once during troubleshooting and responded to the "click", but as soon as the joycon was removed, it stopped again.

When the pairing button is pushed, the pairing light will come on intermittently. It does not connect to the switch. The intermittent part may possibly related to the ZL button being slightly pressed down? Sometimes (once out of 100 times), by fiddling with the ZL button, the pairing light came on.

The switch works with other controllers so it doesn't appear to be an issue on the switch side.

I doublechecked the orientation of the battery and does not appear to be the issue.

Here are pics of the current joycon repair in progress--if this isn't the thread for this, I'll gladly remove and go there. Thanks in advance!

In pic "BATTERY", you can see this connector doesn't seem to be clipping very well, but it's still intact and holds the ribbon.
Going to be hard to troubleshoot hardware remotely. You have the best view in the house! Take everything apart and go back through everything…you missed a step, something isn’t plugged in right, something broke. You want to end up with no compromises. The stuck ZL is an indicator that it’s not been put back together properly. Go back in, go slow, you got this.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: testing123

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to edit the amount of time played, that is under your profile when you're online, and make the switch/account think we played 999h of a game ?
Is it possible, would it be safe about ban?

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to edit the amount of time played, that is under your profile when you're online, and make the switch/account think we played 999h of a game ?
Is it possible, would it be safe about ban?
Possible: Yes
Ban: nearly immediately when you sync your profile data with Nin server.
Nin recorded your first time lunching the game, and your played time. Ex: if you first played a brand new game in 24/12/2022, and in 25/12/2022, your played time of that game is more than 36 hours, Nanta Clause will turn back and punish you really hard.
If amount of time is reasonable, maybe Ban wave will not hit you (but this is just my theory).

Reactions: Asia81

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to be hard to troubleshoot hardware remotely. You have the best view in the house! Take everything apart and go back through everything…you missed a step, something isn’t plugged in right, something broke. You want to end up with no compromises. The stuck ZL is an indicator that it’s not been put back together properly. Go back in, go slow, you got this.
Thank you for your advice!

I dissassembled and reassembled twice and it still was not working, and all buttons were clicking properly. So I dug out an old broken joycon and used the board, and I seem to have one working (and charging) joycon now. Not sure what I damaged that would cause it to work and then stop. Regardless, the problem is apparently solved :).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dissassembled and reassembled twice and it still was not working, and all buttons were clicking properly. So I dug out an old broken joycon and used the board, and I seem to have one working (and charging) joycon now. Not sure what I damaged that would cause it to work and then stop. Regardless, the problem is apparently solved :).

You’re not a Switch modder until you’ve broken your first joycon. I have a decent collection of shit I’ve borked up beyond repair. One day I’m going to build a clock radio out of all the parts…

Glad you’re sorted!

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyah !
I'm back with a dumb question for a friend. I'm asking for him because the situations is out of my knowledge.

I did CFW today. He (sadly) followed a youtube video. He got it done, but everything was a mess. It had emunand while in the end it was not necessary for him, like 40000 installation apps where piracy is not what he's aiming for.

So I told him to just clean the Homebrew folder and then check together the atmosphere folder. But he went ahead and... Formated the SD Card. So I told him to wait.

Is it an issue ? He pretty much removed the emunand while having the Switch set up for it. What could be done to fix that ? Is it necessary to re-put an Emunand ? (Like putting a CLEAN installation of Atmosphere on it and then running it sysnand ?)

Thanks o/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyah !
I'm back with a dumb question for a friend. I'm asking for him because the situations is out of my knowledge.

I did CFW today. He (sadly) followed a youtube video. He got it done, but everything was a mess. It had emunand while in the end it was not necessary for him, like 40000 installation apps where piracy is not what he's aiming for.

So I told him to just clean the Homebrew folder and then check together the atmosphere folder. But he went ahead and... Formated the SD Card. So I told him to wait.

Is it an issue ? He pretty much removed the emunand while having the Switch set up for it. What could be done to fix that ? Is it necessary to re-put an Emunand ? (Like putting a CLEAN installation of Atmosphere on it and then running it sysnand ?)

Thanks o/
If you formatted the SDCard…there’s not much you can do to recover short of trying something like:

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk.

It’s good to have an emunand so if anything goes sideways you’re not tinkering with yiur Sysnand. If you run the recommended “dirty” Emunand and “clean” Sysnand you can even “dual boot” and continue to use Ninty Online services and play Online games.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
If you formatted the SDCard…there’s not much you can do to recover short of trying something like:

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk.

It’s good to have an emunand so if anything goes sideways you’re not tinkering with yiur Sysnand. If you run the recommended “dirty” Emunand and “clean” Sysnand you can even “dual boot” and continue to use Ninty Online services and play Online games.

Oh the issue is elsewhere. There's no need to recover anything for him.

The question for him is the following : He had an emunand + sysnand set up (without anything on it) but formated the SD Card. Is it safe to use the SD Card again like putting Atmosphere and running it ? Since he doesn't want to do an Emunand since there's no intention to make anything "dirty" on it

Edit : Well the issue is more complicated. He didn't backup the Nintendo folder, so saves are lost I guess and that's a huge huge huge issue. It seems he does have Nand backups during the process of CFWing it. Is there anything to save it ?

Thanks

Last edited by Rick Astley,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh the issue is elsewhere. There's no need to recover anything for him.

The question for him is the following : He had an emunand + sysnand set up (without anything on it) but formated the SD Card. Is it safe to use the SD Card again like putting Atmosphere and running it ? Since he doesn't want to do an Emunand since there's no intention to make anything "dirty" on it
If it’s formatted, there’s no danger in simply using it again for CFW or just regular OFW. It’s a blank SDCard. Go for iit.
Edit : Well the issue is more complicated. He didn't backup the Nintendo folder. It seems he does have Nand backups during the process of CFWing it. Is there anything to save it ?

Thanks
It’s good to have a backup of the Sysnand but it won’t help with any emunand that might have been on the SDCard. Afraid he’s best to start from scratch with lessons learned.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
If it’s formatted, there’s no danger in simply using it again for CFW or just regular OFW. It’s a blank SDCard. Go for iit.

It’s good to have a backup of the Sysnand but it won’t help with any emunand that might have been on the SDCard. Afraid he’s best to start from scratch with lessons learned.
So the fact that the Switch has been setup for Emunand, it'll not throw any error right ? That's already a good news okay.

And the emunand doesn't matter as said, if he gets rid of that it's even better. The only issue is that he had is Nintendo folder (aka his saves from the nand from OFW) on it. And the idea is not to lose them. The backup of the Sysnand could fix that ?

Edit : Nevermind, seems he did everything to backup before that. So he lost no saves. But now he can go on his Switch without doing anything. So the idea for him would be to redo the Switch CFW setup without the nand backup right ?

Thanks o/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the fact that the Switch has been setup for Emunand, it'll not throw any error right ? That's already a good news okay.
Correct. Nothing magical. It;s just data on a SDCard.
And the emunand doesn't matter as said, if he gets rid of that it's even better. The only issue is that he had is Nintendo folder (aka his saves from the nand from OFW) on it. And the idea is not to lose them. The backup of the Sysnand could fix that ?

Edit : Nevermind, seems he did everything to backup before that. So he lost no saves.
Great!
But now he can go on his Switch without doing anything. So the idea for him would be to redo the Switch CFW setup without the nand backup right ?

Thanks o/
Setup CFW with the most recent copy of the *Nand that has his data. Highly recommend using something like Emutool or NXNandManager to make a copy of the good data with the game saves…just in case.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

So board is dead? RIP.
Next time maybe try to unplug the battery first and use some rubber gloves or anti-static band :X

Quack i was installing some very very legal soft from tinfoil but the base of it failed and this smart quacker install some dlc after :D now i end with empty loading square on my home screen! What can i do :D?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quack i was installing some very very legal soft from tinfoil but the base of it failed and this smart quacker install some dlc after :D now i end with empty loading square on my home screen! What can i do :D?
Delete the broken title from System Settings -> Data Management

Reactions: Lamcza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good