Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. I just went all modern and bought a Switch. The seller had got it used for their kid and then found out it was banned from going online so was selling it on. This didn't bother me as I don't do online gaming and figured it was banned as it had been modded, which I was planning to do anyway.
The seller knew nothing about, well, consoles in general really and so couldn't tell me anything about what may or may not have been done to it.

No SD card was included.

I hooked up to wi-fi and got Error Code 2124-4508 when trying to connect to ..Online

However the serial is XAJ77002... which according to https://ismyswitchpatched.com means it's definitely patched.
It's been a long day. The serial is actually XAJ70029.. According to that same site it is not patched.

Current system version: 16.0.0

I've muddled my way through Wii and Wii U hacking but despite reading up on the Switch I can't figure what, if anything, has been done to this one and so don't know where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Lazlo_Woodbine,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I just went all modern and bought a Switch. The seller had got it used for their kid and then found out it was banned from going online so was selling it on. This didn't bother me as I don't do online gaming and figured it was banned as it had been modded, which I was planning to do anyway.
The seller knew nothing about, well, consoles in general really and so couldn't tell me anything about what may or may not have been done to it.

No SD card was included.
I hooked up to wi-fi and got Error Code 2124-4508 when trying to connect to ..Online
However the serial is XAJ77002... which according to https://ismyswitchpatched.com means it's definitely patched.

I've muddled my way through Wii and Wii U hacking but despite reading up on the Switch I can't figure what, if anything, has been done to this one and so don't know where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated.
if It was hacked it would have been done with a chip. You need to provide the files on the SDCard. Here’s a guide that will tell you how to hack your Mariko with Emunand.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

when you get to the part about chosing…hopefully this section will work for you:

https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND

Reactions: Lazlo_Woodbine

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I think I edited my post just as you answered to say "It's been a long day. The serial is actually XAJ70029.. According to that same site it is not patched." I presume this would change your advice?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I think I edited my post just as you answered to say "It's been a long day. The serial is actually XAJ70029.. According to that same site it is not patched." I presume this would change your advice?
Absolutely does. You will need a jig and a way to inject a payload. Still covered by the same guide but you will chose Erista instead of Mariko. (It’s the very first CFW guide)

Reactions: Lazlo_Woodbine

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal to not be able to ping a nintendo switch using its local IP address when it's very clearly connected to the internet (such as while watching a youtube video)? Or is this a case of the switch not being able to do more than one network-based thing at the same time?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal to not be able to ping a nintendo switch using its local IP address when it's very clearly connected to the internet (such as while watching a youtube video)? Or is this a case of the switch not being able to do more than one network-based thing at the same time?
Thats kind of a crazy hypothesis. Are you able to ping it when not watching YouTube?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I wasn't able to ping it while idle either. But turning Airplane mode on and off unwedged it long enough to start pinging it.
Cool. I was stalling while I was finding/installing YouTube. Confirmed there’s no issue pinging with or without YT running.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird question , do you guys think hwfly modding a switch is worth in 2023 or should just wait to shell out for rumours
Absolutely. Chips are around $65…just a little more than the cost of a triple A title. Waiting for something that might never come is a waste of time IMO.

Turrican3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamers4um.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hey there,

coder/programmer here, with previous communication experience but no specific Switch nor Bluetooth ones.

I would like to inject extra input(s) on a regular joycon controller data stream.

To do that, I thought I could build a "bridge" (via Raspberry Pi?) connected to the Switch and the Joycon that would normally route traffic from Switch to Joycon and viceversa, except when specifically instructed to alter JC->NSW packet(s) to inject the aforementioned extra inputs.

I have a basic understanding of the matter having read this document set but perhaps someone more experienced than me might point to other resources and/or just confirm whether it's actually doable or not.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

coder/programmer here, with previous communication experience but no specific Switch nor Bluetooth ones.

I would like to inject extra input(s) on a regular joycon controller data stream.

To do that, I thought I could build a "bridge" (via Raspberry Pi?) connected to the Switch and the Joycon that would normally route traffic from Switch to Joycon and viceversa, except when specifically instructed to alter JC->NSW packet(s) to inject the aforementioned extra inputs.

I have a basic understanding of the matter having read this document set but perhaps someone more experienced than me might point to other resources and/or just confirm whether it's actually doable or not.
There’s a ton of info and various approaches to this.

You already found the main RE page that many use.

Here’s an example (in Japanese, use a translation)
https://www.mzyy94.com/blog/2020/03/20/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-usb-gadget/

Here’s another:

https://github.com/mart1nro/joycontrol

Reactions: Turrican3

Turrican3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamers4um.it
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: binkinator

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I want to install a DLC but only on one profile on my switch, meaning i dont want it to be active when using one of my 2 profiles. I guess i can install it and then delete it but it makes some problems with save files and it is just annoying. Any way to do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: WUt wUt in the butt