Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's down at the moment. It'll come back, just need to be patient.
View attachment 358193
Good lookin out, Money!

9EC7A7B0-39E5-49CA-B1E8-97A7E70CF906.jpeg

Reactions: Dust2dust

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hello on 14.1.2ams 1.3.2/E, how to update my nintendo switch to atmosphere CFW latest ang safest version, I want to update it so I can play new games,I saw something in youtube but I don't trust it,I don't want to happen again the very last time I update my nintendo switch what's is the safest and easiest way to updated it.

I hope someon can help me thank you so much

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello on 14.1.2ams 1.3.2/E, how to update my nintendo switch to atmosphere CFW latest ang safest version, I want to update it so I can play new games,I saw something in youtube but I don't trust it,I don't want to happen again the very last time I update my nintendo switch what's is the safest and easiest way to updated it.

I hope someon can help me thank you so much

Delete the old /atmosphere folder and download the new one then place it on your SD card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can I download latest and safe version because I tried to download before in youtube but It cause me a problem
There is only one place you should download Atmosphere from and that is the official GitHub page. It is a good thing you are avoiding YouTube videos because they are highly notorious for causing more problems.

Reactions: binkinator

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There is only one place you should download Atmosphere from and that is the official GitHub page. It is a good thing you are avoiding YouTube videos because they are highly notorious for causing more problems.
Yes ive learn my lesson hard way hehe. Im hope this time I wont make a mistake
Post automatically merged:

There is only one place you should download Atmosphere from and that is the official GitHub page. It is a good thing you are avoiding YouTube videos because they are highly notorious for causing more problem
is this is the only files I need to download for updating my nintendo switch?If not, Want are the other files I should download also

Attachments

• 335079707_1336282433825527_8044587664056396192_n.jpg
    335079707_1336282433825527_8044587664056396192_n.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by Ahito,
Reactions: Draxzelex

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
For non modded secondary account can access primary account purchase as long the account that made the purchase is set to primary console.
Exactly! But is not the other way around, right? A secondary account that made the purchase cant give the access of DLC to the primary, right? I was thinking if theres something like that for modded consoles.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! But is not the other way around, right? A secondary account that made the purchase cant give the access of DLC to the primary, right? I was thinking if theres something like that for modded consoles.

I don't think there is something like that for modded consoles, I assume all the user get access to the dlc.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the hacking guides seem to mention how to do this, all of them talk about how to fully hack the Switch to install CFW or loaders/homebrew, which I don't want to do. I just want to dump a backup of all my my Switch's internal keys, contents, etc without modifying it in any way.

Thankfully I have a lunch-era Switch which is susceptible to Fusee, even if it's on the latest firmware (from my understanding no firmware can patch this and even on the latest it will work, right?). First of all, is there any difference in which jig I get? I see a few different designs on eBay/Aliexpress. Is there a specific one to try to go for? I heard some claims that there were some shoddy jigs that shorted out the Switch, but I have no idea if that is true.

And then, what would I have to do if I just want to dump all of my Switch's contents while trying to leave no trace of any modifications? I heard that just simply booting into the recovery mode that the jig lets you access apparently sets some kind of flag? Is there any way to re--set that flag? Are there any other known traces it leaves behind that you can't cover? I know there is no way to 100% know every secret Nintendo put on the Switch to detect hacks and there is no 100% way to guarantee you can't get banned, but if I can reduce my chances to 99.99% and use methods that so far nobody has gotten banned for I would like to go that route.

So what would be the best way to use a jig/fusee exploit purely for the sake of dumping all of my internal keys and backup all of my contents without touching or modifying anything? Are there any guides or videos to do specifically this and not hack it all the way or modify anything? Or if not, can anyone explain how to do something like this? Do I also have to do anything to set it back to stock/reset that flag after I am done dumping the backup with the fusee/jig method? Also, I assume this backup will be encrypted right? Are there any tools on PC that can decrypt it if I also dump my keys or do I have to use the Switch to dump an unencrypted version? Since I would also like to load up my save files into Yuzu/Ryujinx, I am assuming I can't just load my NAND backup into the emulator like you can with Dolphin, but if the backup is decrypted I can at least manually pull the save files out of it and put them in the emulator.

Mitch91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Guys i dont know if i should ask it here. I am running
current version: 16.0.0|AMS 15.0|E

I notice that when i boot into the fuse i can reach atmosphere. Now this is where it gets weird. When i connect my switch to wifi, my games started to download updates automatically. also i realised tesla overlay menu not working anymore.

Attached is my sd root, am i doing anything wrong?

Attachments

• 20230311_011940.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by Mitch91,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the hacking guides seem to mention how to do this, all of them talk about how to fully hack the Switch to install CFW or loaders/homebrew, which I don't want to do. I just want to dump a backup of all my my Switch's internal keys, contents, etc without modifying it in any way.
inject Hekate and you can backup you Boot0 Boot2 and Rawnand.bin (Sysnand). CFW is not written to the Switch. It’s only exists on yiur SDCard. Remove the SDCard and all traces of CFW are removed.
Thankfully I have a lunch-era Switch which is susceptible to Fusee, even if it's on the latest firmware (from my understanding no firmware can patch this and even on the latest it will work, right?). First of all, is there any difference in which jig I get? I see a few different designs on eBay/Aliexpress. Is there a specific one to try to go for? I heard some claims that there were some shoddy jigs that shorted out the Switch, but I have no idea if that is true.
A jig, at the end of the day, grounds pin 10. That’s it. As long as it doesn’t tear up your joycon rail or connectors, it’s a good jig. The cheap 3d printed rectangles on Amazon/eBay are fine.
And then, what would I have to do if I just want to dump all of my Switch's contents while trying to leave no trace of any modifications? I heard that just simply booting into the recovery mode that the jig lets you access apparently sets some kind of flag?
Hmmmm. New one on me.
Is there any way to re--set that flag? Are there any other known traces it leaves behind that you can't cover?
If you install a copy of your Sysnand (aka make an Emunand) then all installs and logs and we’ll, everything, will remain on the SDCard. That’s actually how most people use the guides…Sysnand is always 100% clean.
I know there is no way to 100% know every secret Nintendo put on the Switch to detect hacks and there is no 100% way to guarantee you can't get banned, but if I can reduce my chances to 99.99% and use methods that so far nobody has gotten banned for I would like to go that route.
100% clean Sysnand is flawless.
Offline Emunand is damn near flawless and it’s usually mistakes by the user that get people…not the setup itself.
So what would be the best way to use a jig/fusee exploit purely for the sake of dumping all of my internal keys and backup all of my contents without touching or modifying anything?
Inject Hekate and you’re done.
Are there any guides or videos to do specifically this and not hack it all the way or modify anything? Or if not, can anyone explain how to do something like this? Do I also have to do anything to set it back to stock/reset that flag after I am done dumping the backup with the fusee/jig method? Also, I assume this backup will be encrypted right? Are there any tools on PC that can decrypt it if I also dump my keys or do I have to use the Switch to dump an unencrypted version? Since I would also like to load up my save files into Yuzu/Ryujinx, I am assuming I can't just load my NAND backup into the emulator like you can with Dolphin, but if the backup is decrypted I can at least manually pull the save files out of it and put them in the emulator.
This should get you where you want to be:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Cyber Akuma

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
I posted a couple of weeks ago asking about having to update my console as Splatoon online play was requiring it. The consensus at the time was to hold off to ensure stability. Now, an old game (Super Mario Maker 2) isn’t allowing me to go online, bringing up the error attached below.

I’m still on version 15 on stock and use atmosphere to run CFW and play backup games from my SD card. I know that the pre-release of atmosphere which supports the new software has been released; would you recommend updating at this point so I can get back online on stock or holding off longer for the full release to avoid any issues?

Attachments

• 8690DE05-DC70-46C0-B36F-9373FDFFB337.jpeg
    8690DE05-DC70-46C0-B36F-9373FDFFB337.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a couple of weeks ago asking about having to update my console as Splatoon online play was requiring it. The consensus at the time was to hold off to ensure stability. Now, an old game (Super Mario Maker 2) isn’t allowing me to go online, bringing up the error attached below.

I’m still on version 15 on stock and use atmosphere to run CFW and play backup games from my SD card. I know that the pre-release of atmosphere which supports the new software has been released; would you recommend updating at this point so I can get back online on stock or holding off longer for the full release to avoid any issues?
Atmosphere is still in pre-release but most things have been wrung out at this point.

If you would like to go online then you will need to upgrade. There aren’t any other options to get around that. You will still probably want to upgrade to official Atmosphere release when it comes out next week or so. You will need to determine iwhat meets your needs.

Here’s a guide if you decide to go that direction:

Guys i dont know if i should ask it here. I am running
current version: 16.0.0|AMS 15.0|E

I notice that when i boot into the fuse i can reach atmosphere. Now this is where it gets weird. When i connect my switch to wifi, my games started to download updates automatically. also i realised tesla overlay menu not working anymore.

Attached is my sd root, am i doing anything wrong?
Sounds like you might be exposed to Ninty servers while in CFW…not ideal.

What guide did you follow and did you turn on exosphere.ini and dns:mitm like this shows?

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Reactions: Mitch91

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should get you where you want to be:

EXTREMELY helpful, Thank You. I do have a few additional questions though.

https://rentry.org/Getting_Started

In getting started it shows how to dump your keys before you dump your NAND. Is there any reason to dump the NAND first? Does it make any difference?

https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch

In the "How to Launch a Payload" page it lists several injectors but doesn't really give much details about them, which one would I need to use? Seems like I need to use them to launch the Hekate payload to dump my NAND and the Lockpick_RCM payload to dump my keys.

So if I understood that guide right, I put the injector, Hekate, and Lockpick_RCM on a MicroSD card, plug the card and jig into my Switch, then hold Power and Volume Down. But this will apparently just give me a black screen? Not clear where to go from there. The Nand/Key backup instructions just say to "Boot into Hekate" or "Boot into Lockpick_RCM" but I don't know how after going into the RCM that will apparently give me a black screen.

Also so will this just dump an encrypted copy of my nand or an unencrypted copy? Is there any way to either decrypt and view the contents on a PC or load contents of the NAND into an emulator? (Specifically just the save files)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXTREMELY helpful, Thank You. I do have a few additional questions though.

https://rentry.org/Getting_Started

In getting started it shows how to dump your keys before you dump your NAND. Is there any reason to dump the NAND first? Does it make any difference?
No difference. You can always use Hekate to backup/restore. Having keys in a safe place (along w/ your Sysnand backup) is always a good idea!
https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch

In the "How to Launch a Payload" page it lists several injectors but doesn't really give much details about them, which one would I need to use? Seems like I need to use them to launch the Hekate payload to dump my NAND and the Lockpick_RCM payload to dump my keys.
injector is a device. You can use an Android phone, a dedicated injector or even your PC. It’s just something that can send a payload via USB. Here is a list. Click them all and see what kind you might already have on hand or want to buy:

So if I understood that guide right, I put the injector, Hekate, and Lockpick_RCM on a MicroSD card, plug the card and jig into my Switch, then hold Power and Volume Down.
Yes, but subtract Injector…that’s something you will need shortly…it doesn’t go in your SDCard.
But this will apparently just give me a black screen? Not clear where to go from there.
NOW you need the injector…plug it in to your Switch USB port And flick the lever, mash the button or click the icon…whatever you need to push a payload over USB. Do it now.
The Nand/Key backup instructions just say to "Boot into Hekate" or "Boot into Lockpick_RCM" but I don't know how after going into the RCM that will apparently give me a black screen.

Also so will this just dump an encrypted copy of my nand or an unencrypted copy? Is there any way to either decrypt and view the contents on a PC or load contents of the NAND into an emulator? (Specifically just the save files)
Encrypted. This is where those keys will come in handy…tools such as hacdiskmount or NXNandManager require the keys. I cant mention NXNandManager without mentioning Emutool….it doesn’t require keys but it extremely useful.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im still nervous about updating my nintendo switch from 14.1.2ams 1.3.2/E to latest version. hoping for the best,I'try to just copy first all inside my sd card before trying to update it haha

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still nervous about updating my nintendo switch from 14.1.2ams 1.3.2/E to latest version. hoping for the best,I'try to just copy first all inside my sd card before trying to update it haha
Don't just copy the files. You have to delete the old /atmosphere folder first otherwise you may have problems.

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Don't just copy the files. You have to delete the old /atmosphere folder first otherwise you may have problems.
noted sir,i'll delete the ola/atmosphere folder then only those two files put on my sd card right?

Attachments

• 335079707_1336282433825527_8044587664056396192_n.jpg
    335079707_1336282433825527_8044587664056396192_n.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?