Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOW you need the injector…plug it in to your Switch USB port And flick the lever, mash the button or click the icon…whatever you need to push a payload over USB. Do it now.

Encrypted. This is where those keys will come in handy…tools such as hacdiskmount or NXNandManager require the keys. I cant mention NXNandManager without mentioning Emutool….it doesn’t require keys but it extremely useful.

OH!

So I can't do this completely off my of SDcard and need to have the Switch connected to my PC as the injector? And the injector (my PC) will send Heckate or Lockpick to my Switch when it's in RCM mode from the jig?

And so NXNandManager will run on a PC? The other two seem to require running them on the Switch itself.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH!

So I can't do this completely off my of SDcard and need to have the Switch connected to my PC as the injector? And the injector (my PC) will send Heckate or Lockpick to my Switch when it's in RCM mode from the jig?

correct. You use the jig to get to RCM mode which waits for a payload on your USB port. You give you Switch that payload using your injector (pc, android or dedicated injector device)
And so NXNandManager will run on a PC? The other two seem to require running them on the Switch itself.
All three of those run on PC. You can use Hekate to share out your Emunand over USB so you can mount it like an encrypted drive.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have been a godsend with this, Thank You!

So just to make sure I understood it all:
1. Connect the Jig and a 64GB or larger MicroSD card to my Switch. I don't need to put any files on the card.
2. Connect the Switch to my PC and use one of those injectors.
3. Use the injectors to launch Heckate to dump the NAND and Lockpick_RCM to dump the keys to the MicroSD card. (Do I need to reboot the Switch or something to switch from Lockpick and Heckate?)
4. Use one of those apps on my PC to decrypt my dump.

By the way, it just occurred to me. How do I safely without messing anything up get my Switch out of RCM mode after I am done?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have been a godsend with this, Thank You!

So just to make sure I understood it all:
1. Connect the Jig and a 64GB or larger MicroSD card to my Switch. I don't need to put any files on the card.
2. Connect the Switch to my PC and use one of those injectors.
3. Use the injectors to launch Heckate to dump the NAND and Lockpick_RCM to dump the keys to the MicroSD card. (Do I need to reboot the Switch or something to switch from Lockpick and Heckate?)
4. Use one of those apps on my PC to decrypt my dump.

By the way, it just occurred to me. How do I safely without messing anything up get my Switch out of RCM mode after I am done?
yes, going from memory, that should do it. The tools allow you to reboot to payload, which will be Hekate. For everything else, there’s the power button. Just hold it for a bit and a shutdown menu will appear. If it gets hung for any reason, hold it for 12 seconds and it will turn itself of immediately.

e: you will need to download and unzip Hekate.x.x.x.zip onto your SDCard

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yes, going from memory, that should do it. The tools allow you to reboot to payload, which will be Hekate. For everything else, there’s the power button. Just hold it for a bit and a shutdown menu will appear. If it gets hung for any reason, hold it for 12 seconds and it will turn itself of immediately.
w8 what? there is no bootloader folder needed in this scenario on sd card?\
Like he needs to put hekate on his sd card to pull it off?

Whaat?
Iam so, sooooo drunk but ....

RCM is for you to push payloads so when you are in Hekate you are already in payload and from there you can boot either emu or sys/stock nand but i suggest you follow tutorials to get it all safe and steady ; P

https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting.html
https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

Ps. If I misunderstood anything sorry boys am going to sleep. :X

Last edited by Lamcza,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w8 what there is no bootloader folder needed in this scenario on sd card?\
Like he needs to put hekate on his sd card to pull it off?

Whaat?
I’ll be damned. I swear I had done that before. I just tried it and ends up in the text only Hekate which doesn’t have access to all the tools. Thanks for the correction!

@Cyber Akuma

you will need to download Hekate.x.x.x.zip from this link and unzip it onto your sdcard

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’ll be damned. I swear I had done that before. I just tried it and ends up in the text only Hekate which doesn’t have access to all the tools. Thanks for the correction!

@Cyber Akuma

you will need to download Hekate.x.x.x.zip from this link and unzip it onto your sdcard

Routine and overwork i guess :X you are like a full-time worker here. IDK if we can ever repay you for this :)

Someone make sure that boy @Cyber Akuma will use exosphere or dns properly. I am out.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Routine and overwork i guess :X you are like a full-time worker here. IDK if we can ever repay you for this :)
Lmao…believe it or not I just pop in and out while I‘m doing my day job.
Someone make sure that boy will use exosphere or dns properly. I am out.
He’s trying to do the minimum possible. If he changes his mind and wants to unzip one more file in order to go full CFW we’ll be sure he wears protection!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I do need to put Heckate and Lockpick on my sdcard? I thought I was supposed to inject those payloads from my PC?
You do need to inject the payload but it requires the config files on your SDCard to bring up all the tools available in the GUI. I just tried it and confirmed it will only do the bare bones CLI version. My apologies.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do need to inject the payload but it requires the config files on your SDCard to bring up all the tools available in the GUI. I just tried it and confirmed it will only do the bare bones CLI version. My apologies.

So I need files on both my PC and SD card for both Heckate and Lockpick? I'm not clear on what I will need. Hekate has a zip with multiple files and folders in it, including a folder called "bootloader" with a file in it called "update.bin" which worries me that it will try to install something to my Switch. And lockpick just had a single bin file, not even in an archive.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need files on both my PC and SD card for both Heckate and Lockpick? I'm not clear on what I will need. Hekate has a zip with multiple files and folders in it, including a folder called "bootloader" with a file in it called "update.bin" which worries me that it will try to install something to my Switch. And lockpick just had a single bin file, not even in an archive.
At no point does any of the CFW get installed on your Switch. It installs absolutely nothing. Just unzip it at the top level of your SDCard so the Hekate.bin that you inject will be able to reference the files in the /bootloader directory.

The only thing sitting on you PC will be the injector software and the hekate.bin

The only thing even remotely touching you Switch will be the unzipped bootloader files on the SDCard.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At no point does any of the CFW get installed on your Switch. It installs absolutely nothing. Just unzip it at the top level of your SDCard so the Hekate.bin that you inject will be able to reference the files in the /bootloader directory.

The only thing sitting on you PC will be the injector software and the hekate.bin

The only thing even remotely touching you Switch will be the unzipped bootloader files on the SDCard.

I apologize if I am being dumb about this, just want to make sure I don't mess up.

So I am supposed to put hekate.bin on my PC but the entire bootloader folder from the Hekate zip on the root of my MicroSD card right?

What about Lockpick_RCM which only included a single .bin file and no other files?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if I am being dumb about this, just want to make sure I don't mess up.

So I am supposed to put hekate.bin on my PC but the entire bootloader folder from the Hekate zip on the root of my MicroSD card right?
100% correct. Final answer.
What about Lockpick_RCM which only included a single .bin file and no other files?
You can put lockpick_RCM in your /bootloader/payloads directory and let Hekate chain load it on the main page. There will be a big Payloads button on the front. Press it and you will see LP_RCM.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You so much! Sorry I was being so dumb throughout all this. Going to order a jig and spare MicroSD card now. Hopefully I don't run into any more problems while actually doing it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You so much! Sorry I was being so dumb throughout all this. Going to order a jig and spare MicroSD card now. Hopefully I don't run into any more problems while actually doing it.
No worries. That’s what this thread is all about. Good luck!

UnnamedPy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm using sxgear to inject hekate to boot atmosphere.
After updating OFW online, my switch kept blank screen and the sxcore blue light kept flashing for several minutes before hekate was loaded.
But it only took seconds before the OFW update.
Can anyone explain the reason?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using sxgear to inject hekate to boot atmosphere.
After updating OFW online, my switch kept blank screen and the sxcore blue light kept flashing for several minutes before hekate was loaded.
But it only took seconds before the OFW update.
Can anyone explain the reason?
Did you try rebooting again and see if it still does it? There are some reasons it could have done this and would be normal but unless it’s repeatable it will be hard to say.

starcraftjunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a v2 core with hecate on it, my question is there any way to stop it from automatically booting up every time I plug in a charger/dock when the switch is turned off? It's annoying to turn off the switch, plug it in, forget that I now need to wait for it to boot, then use the power button on hecate. Plus sometimes I forget and the switch is dead in the morning.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a v2 core with hecate on it, my question is there any way to stop it from automatically booting up every time I plug in a charger/dock when the switch is turned off? It's annoying to turn off the switch, plug it in, forget that I now need to wait for it to boot, then use the power button on hecate. Plus sometimes I forget and the switch is dead in the morning.

Check autohosoff flag here:

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

Reactions: starcraftjunkie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol