Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MrYourself_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I updated my v1 switch to atmosphere 1.5.5 also updated hos to 16.1.0 and also updated sigpatches but I cant play any games I have installed via Awoo. The switch checks if the games are available to play and after that I get the message that my switch was banned and can't play online games.

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do i install the botw randomizer?

i downloaded the file

botw_randomizer_by_waikuteru_switch_-_v301_gamebanana_"

and want to install it on my switch, but i dont know which directory?
Post automatically merged:

do i install the botw randomizer?

i downloaded the file

botw_randomizer_by_waikuteru_switch_-_v301_gamebanana_"

and want to install it on my switch, but i dont know which directory?

vishy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Im new to switch homebrew. I have everything I want setup, but a few questions remain.

1. Is it normal that sys-clk shows up as an ID in modules not with a name like MissionControl? Should I reinstall?

2. Why is that HB appstore doesnt detect already installed apps? EG I have mission control preinstalled and HB appstore says otherwise.

3. What is Noexes and can I disable it? It auto launches every restart. Not sure if its a part of some other mod. (On the same vein running a lot of modules can impact performance right?)

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Which guide is best to use for initial setup of athmosphere and hekate and which are some recommended apps to install?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I updated my v1 switch to atmosphere 1.5.5 also updated hos to 16.1.0 and also updated sigpatches but I cant play any games I have installed via Awoo. The switch checks if the games are available to play and after that I get the message that my switch was banned and can't play online games.
Where did you download the patches from?
Which guide is best to use for initial setup of athmosphere and hekate and which are some recommended apps to install?
You can follow this guide on how to setup Atmosphere & Hekate. As for what apps to install, that is a difficult question to answer because everyone will have different recommendations. What I would recommend you to do is research what you want to do with Atmosphere and Hekate then see if there is a homebrew app for that.

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Where did you download the patches from?

You can follow this guide on how to setup Atmosphere & Hekate. As for what apps to install, that is a difficult question to answer because everyone will have different recommendations. What I would recommend you to do is research what you want to do with Atmosphere and Hekate then see if there is a homebrew app for that.
Thanks

Reactions: Draxzelex

Sea167

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hi all, i'm very new to switch hacking scene, i have a patched v1 and will install a HWFLY modchip soon.
There are things that i want to clear.
I don't really care about official online and eShop but i've heard that there are alternative online. What will work better emuNAND or sysNAND? Switch has 32gb of sysNAND so does that mean that CFW will have only 32gb available even though i have sd card, i will be installing NSP files.
Also does v1 switch has nand soldered to the main board or is it just connected, will it affect the installation of modchip?

My firmware is on version 12, do i need to update it before installing modchip or after installing modchip and does it even need to be updated?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all

Ive popped my unmodded switch's sd card into my pc and can find .nca files in registered but when I try to back them up to use with y*zu it cant be installed. I tried renaming them from 00 to tlozla.nca and other things but nothing

tx
You cannot get game titles off of an unmodded Switch SD card.
hi all

newbie here...sure am running into lots of errors requiring console restart and am pretty sick of it. which atmosphere pack is best to just start fresh, reinstall games, and be back in business with minimum downtime? I know of HATS, AtmoPack-Vanilla, and DeepSea. Which is best or which do you prefer for a Lite with HWfly?

just to make sure I get it straight...all I do is get another sd card, copy contents from cfw pack, copy XCIs over, bootup, choose payload according to my console, setup new user info, head to Tinfoil to install games/updates/dlc/profit...literally nothing else to do...that about right?

tx
I recommend using the DeepSea pack. If you want only the essentials, you can go with the minimal version. I would also highly recommend you use TinWoo Installer instead to install all of your .NSP and .XCI files. Its what I personally use and I never ever have any issues while using it. It gets the job done with the least amount of hassle out of all homebrew apps in the scene.
Hi all, i'm very new to switch hacking scene, i have a patched v1 and will install a HWFLY modchip soon.
There are things that i want to clear.
I don't really care about official online and eShop but i've heard that there are alternative online. What will work better emuNAND or sysNAND? Switch has 32gb of sysNAND so does that mean that CFW will have only 32gb available even though i have sd card, i will be installing NSP files.
Also does v1 switch has nand soldered to the main board or is it just connected, will it affect the installation of modchip?

My firmware is on version 12, do i need to update it before installing modchip or after installing modchip and does it even need to be updated?
The main reason to use emuMMC is to be able to use the Switch on a higher firmware version without updating the firmware of the actual console. It also can serve as a brick shield since it is easier to recover from a bricked emuMMC than a bricked sysMMC. In any event, neither works better and they have nearly the same performance. The 32 GB of sysMMC is used only for internal memory. That doesn't take into account the space on an SD card regardless if you use sysMMC or emuMMC.

The Nintendo Switch doesn't have a NAND chip; it has an eMMC instead and it has nothing to do with the installation of the modchip.

You do not need to update the firmware before installing the modchip. In fact, I would advise against updating the firmware before you get the modchip. You only ever need to update the firmware if you want to play online or play newer titles. There are alternatives ways of updating the firmware once you have access to CFW and homebrew.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe i act like noob now. But i need to ask. I playing Final Fantasy VII Reunion on my Switch oled with HWFLY rp2040. I have 512GB Samsung SD CARD. I noticed this game is laggy sometimes when im playing handheld Mode. Can lag a little when Level is loading and i need to wait to fully load. Its a little iritating. When i playing story. And game lag on Level start. I need wait 3/4 second to fully load. Is this game that bad optimised or my SD CARD is broken?
I have newest atmosphere, sigpatches.
Im on 16.1.0 fw

Sea167

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
thanks, but isn't modchip requires you not just to solder to cpu but also disconnect eMMC, connect it to the modchip and then connect the modchip to eMMC slot.
Also how fast does the micro sd needs to be, is 80 mbytes/s read speed good?

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to update my switch that hadnt been updated in 2yrs

but when booting i get a panic error std:abort oxffe any idea what this is ?

switch is on latest firmware , I followed this https://rentry.co/EristaEmuNAND
i deleted everything in my old atmos folder then I got an archive bit error which i was able to fix in hekate ,system boots and after the nintendo logo crashes and now i get error code 20002-2634
firmware shows 11.0.1 atmos 1.5.5

switch is unpatched on latest firmware

damn im getting old ,I had a cart in the slot and it was giving me an error :rofl2:

can someone direct me to where i can figure out what to add in the hekete.ini to add the emu boot

Last edited by Teletron1,

SpeedyF1

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed my second modchip today on a TOTK OLED console.

My question is concerning the boot speed difference between the two modded consoles I have. The newly modded one is almost always slower to boot to the rocket screen (Instinct SD card nag) and takes a longer to boot into OFW.

Is this normal variation between consoles or should I look more carefully at the installation? All points were done cleanly and showed correct values (with the A/CMD point being at 0.460v instead of the ~0.637v of the other points).

EDIT: I've booted both (and my previously already-modded-at-purchase OLED console) into Hekate and surprisingly I have three different eMMC vendors. The fastest is the Samsung one with almost instantaneous booting, while my TOTK SK Hynix one is pretty consistently the slowest to boot. The modded console that I purchased has a Toshiba eMMC and is almost as slow as the TOTK console to boot up to Hekate/Payload nag.
Also worth noting is that I purchased the TOTK second hand and it had a few signs of moisture ingress on various chips that I cleaned off with a toothbrush and IPA. The dat0 adaptor was slightly fiddly to push under the chip, maybe due to IPA that I used to clean some of the oxidation on the board but the diode reading was fine at 637mV.

Last edited by SpeedyF1,

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe i act like noob now. But i need to ask. I playing Final Fantasy VII Reunion on my Switch oled with HWFLY rp2040. I have 512GB Samsung SD CARD. I noticed this game is laggy sometimes when im playing handheld Mode. Can lag a little when Level is loading and i need to wait to fully load. Its a little iritating. When i playing story. And game lag on Level start. I need wait 3/4 second to fully load. Is this game that bad optimised or my SD CARD is broken?
I have newest atmosphere, sigpatches.
Im on 16.1.0 fw
I have my answer. I changed handheld Mode to dock with reversenx. I have little more lag in game. But still they are. This game can drop to 21fps when we fighting. I checked with fps counter.
Im in half on game. Thats fine. I don't plan on overclocking my Switch oled.
But its strange. Red Dead Redemption works in stable 30 fps. Other games works normal too.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to install games from External NTFS HDD ? I have plugged in one but neither tinfoil nor goldleaf detects it, it's not dead, I'm pretty sure about that

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to install games from External NTFS HDD ? I have plugged in one but neither tinfoil nor goldleaf detects it, it's not dead, I'm pretty sure about that
You need switch with cfw. DBI. External hdd formatted as exfat. With DBI you can install games on switch from external usb drive. I have many backups and i install games only like that on my oled. I use dbi and my 1tb ssd drvie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's why I had to stop wearing shorts in public. B-)