Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to download the firmware and extract the zip to a folder on the SD card. Search Google for darth (you'll have to combine with another word to find it, unless you want to get Darth Vader results. :lol: )

Once the folder is sitting on your SD card, you can install it with daybreak (included with Atmosphere in the homebrew folder).

Can't help you any further, as I never even used nxdumptool myself. The picklock thing does fully support v17.0.0, as it does its job and dump the keys properly. The rest is up to you and nxdumptool. Maybe someone who uses that homebrew can help you, hopefully. Good luck!
...Well I don't know what I did differently, but it worked this time...? -.-

Whatever, anyways, managed to dump an eshop game's files...gonna go ahead and make a new thread and hope I can get help on modding this game, of course the files have to be difficult. lol

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks about to read it right now. is kind weird cause is files base
I thought that too, but I believe it has to do with the hidden partition from emuMMC, last time I've switched microSD, I had to waste an entire day to figure out why just copying wasn't working

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, so i managed to upgrade atmosphere and update the ofw. I read a lot about exosphere not working anymore and that's "dangerous" to go online. Did i understand that right? I can't go online anymore to use the homebrew store for example? Is there any safe thing?

I read something about you could use exosphere without blanking the prodinfo in sysnand or emunand, is that right? Wouldn't i get banned then? or in general how can we be safe from Nintendo's server?

Thanks...
Incognito, Incognito_RCM, and exosphere blanking no longer work as of firmware 17.0 which is arguably for the better. Tools that mess with the PRODINFO have already banned several users once they lost their backup so now users will move onto safer tools that achieve the same effect. One of those utilities is 90DNS. Its been around since the beginning of the scene and it still works to this day.

Reactions: Blythe93

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, so I still can use the internet for browsing for honebrews without getting banned? Just with 99dns now?
Post automatically merged:

Oh, so I still can use the internet for browsing for honebrews without getting banned? Just with 99dns now?
And how can I restore my prodinfo? I'd like to do that then too when I'm changing to 90dns

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And how can I restore my prodinfo? I'd like to do that then too when I'm changing to 90dns
Yes, you would just use 90DNS instead. And in order to restore your PRODINFO, you would use the same tool that you used to wipe it in the first place.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

If you use DNSmitm (recommended) or 90dns then blanking prodinfo will still work on fw 17.0.0

Reactions: [Truth]

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you would just use 90DNS instead. And in order to restore your PRODINFO, you would use the same tool that you used to wipe it in the first place.
and what if the tool I have on my SD card (I don't ever recall actually using it though) says 0 backups and yet a zeroed serial is shown? Could that be due to something else? Or do you think I actually did backup and wipe but the app somehow lost the backup?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what if the tool I have on my SD card (I don't ever recall actually using it though) says 0 backups and yet a zeroed serial is shown? Could that be due to something else? Or do you think I actually did backup and wipe but the app somehow lost the backup?
Do you use exosphere to blank your PRODINFO? Unlike Incognito, exosphere pretends to delete your PRODINFO without actually deleting it so it would still show a zeroed serial number but there isn't anything to backup or restore.

Twiggs4625

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dont start a new topic for something that was likely already asked but I have not been able to really find the answer so I will ask here. I was able to mod my switch and figured out how to dump the XCI files. I did this in the SYSMMC and installed a game. It worked. I then switched to the EMUMMC and the game was not installed. So I reinstalled it. Did doing this take up 2x the amount of space on the SD Card.

All I am looking to do is backup my games and play them without the carts. I want to backup all the XCI files of I have copies of them. I used NXDumpTool to dump the XCI and then I used Tinfoil to install it. I wish I could dump directly to my PC so I didn't have to transfer things back from the SD card. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Can someone outline the best practices please. Also, can you download game updates when in the EMUMMC I get an error when trying to. Thanks for any advice.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont know where to ask, but is there any Randomizer for Pokemon S/V?, cause my games stuck on infinite loading screen if i mod em with Trinity Mod Loader and i wanted to see if its the cause.

mateomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Excuse me, is there a way to connect the save game Hot Wheels Unleashed 1 to Unleashed 2 offline/cfw? , just to unlock the BONE SHAKER UNLEASHED car which can only be obtained if you have the unleashed 1 save game?, Thank you 🙏

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that I never used a tool for that I just put the .ini on my SD card with the blank_prodinfo set to 1 for emummc... How can I restore it? Can I just set it to 0?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I was able to mod my switch and figured out how to dump the XCI files. I did this in the SYSMMC and installed a game. It worked. I then switched to the EMUMMC and the game was not installed. So I reinstalled it. Did doing this take up 2x the amount of space on the SD Card.
If you installed the game to the internal memory of sysMMC and emuMMC, I believe that it took 2x the space, but I can't say for sure as I'm using emuMMC exclusively. If you install to the SD card portion of the memory, however, it should appear on both.
I wish I could dump directly to my PC so I didn't have to transfer things back from the SD card. Not sure if that is possible or not.
As far as I can see here, it's a planned feature.
Also, can you download game updates when in the EMUMMC I get an error when trying to.
Did you block Nintendo servers in the past using 90DNS or similar? Maybe that's the reason an error happens.
Regardless, I'm not sure if that's a good idea as you might get your console banned.
How can I restore it? Can I just set it to 0?
That should do the trick. Make sure to set up 90DNS or DNS MITM before you restore your prodinfo.

BaronMoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to restore my prodinfo via incognito rcm (mistervampi), but its giving me a unknown pkg1 error when I try on my emummc. I also have a sysnand prodinfo backup which loads up fine but is pointless as my sysnand is still on original prodinfo. Can someone please guide me on how I can restore my emmumc prodinfo?

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you installed the game to the internal memory of sysMMC and emuMMC, I believe that it took 2x the space, but I can't say for sure as I'm using emuMMC exclusively. If you install to the SD card portion of the memory, however, it should appear on both.

As far as I can see here, it's a planned feature.

Did you block Nintendo servers in the past using 90DNS or similar? Maybe that's the reason an error happens.
Regardless, I'm not sure if that's a good idea as you might get your console banned.

That should do the trick. Make sure to set up 90DNS or DNS MITM before you restore your prodinfo.
It worked! I also checked everything with the 90dns checker and everything got blocked, I also could do homebrew updates. Thank you all so much.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to resize my Switchroot Android partition (64GB>32GB), can I do it without catastrophe in hekate? I really don’t want to have to rebuild my emuMMC…

VictorT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried starting my own topic but didn't get any responses, and I have additional questions so I hope someone sees it here.

So I don't have to keep asking is there a big schematic of all the caps/resistors on a switch motherboard? for some reason I keep coming across missing ones in used motherboards. Specifically V2/Mariko? I have high res pictures but no values.

Here are my previous questions:

Board 1: Messed Up Pico install, Successful HWFLY (?)

HOW BAD Is it if I leave these off?
I HAVE cleaned up the area (and bridging) but was unable to replace two caps & 1 resistor near the M92T36 (USB?) chip by by the right side sheilding? I put it back together and it seems to charge and work fine no overheating I can detect boots OFW and CFW.

but I don't know what that particular chip/ the caps on it do, So I don't know if it's alright to leave alone?

No1_Anotated.jpg

Board 2: Over by the ribbon:
Different board. Also working with HWFLY but missing these components if anyone knows their values and function?

No2-Annotated.jpg

Also if anyone knows a good youtube video or course on 0201 soldering techniques I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again,
V

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of my Nintendo Switch (og that modded and OLED non-modded) give me an error saying they can't read my physical copy of Fire Emblem Warriors (2017) for some reason. I tried it cleaning with qtips, cloth, rubbing alcohol, etc., all the common methods. I don't want to damage the cartridge, but my guess is that the chip is broken.

I want to know that if I install a XCI of that physical game using tinfoil or any similar method in CFWsysnad will I get banned, or if it will detect the XCI as my physical copy.
Also, if that will translate to normal sysnand.

The only downside is that even though my account registered in both consoles, because it is a XCI it can't be played on my non-modded OLED Switch.

Or in any case, will it wiser and advisable to buy the digital version of the game trough the eShop. :(

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
So haven't touched my Switch in at least a couple years. Still have SXOS on it and also banned in the early days... was wondering what the process is now to get fully up to date?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu