Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi
I made this account in hopes of fixing an issue i've been having for some time.
I turned off my switch while in atmosphere to remove my sd card (exFat) and now it won't turn on nor receive charge. AutoRCM was disabled before this. I tried button combinations, leaving it charged for an hour, changing the USB cable and entering RCM again (I'm using a paper clip jig if that helps). None of this worked and I'm concerned that it might be a hardware isssue since I know nothing about soldering or replacing parts.
I hope this is the right place to ask. Thanks in advance!
Did you try holding the power button for about 20-30 seconds? If not, give it a try and try a regular boot after that.
If it works, cool, restart and get into the RCM using the appropriate payloads. If not, I'm not sure what may be the issue. Someone else might be able to help you out.

I'd also suggest:
1) Getting a proper jig, paper clip jigs are fine as a short term solution. If you use them too many time you may end up damaging pins in your right joycon rail.
2) Formatting your microSD card as FAT32, not exFAT. As I've heard, Nintendo's faulty drivers may cause data loss if using exFAT.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I just updated my Atmosphere, Hekate and FW from a much earlier version.

I used the NH Switch guide to mod my switch initially.

To get Atmosphere to work, I had to copy across the new Fusee payload to the payloads folder, as formerly I must have been using Fusee primary.

I now can only boot to Atmosphere in Hekate by selecting the Fusee payload, whereas previously I used to boot EMUnand in Hekate.

My question is, booting the Fusee payload directly, does it boot to EMUnand or SYSnand?

Is there a way to change the booting payloads in Hekate, so I do not have to keep selecting the new Fusee payload?

Thank you kindly

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with Mario Kart 8, since the 2.0 update and now again with 3.0.
On the character selection screen, the new characters have a red "!" symbol and when I place the cursor over them the game freezes.
I've already uninstalled and reinstalled, I also reset it to release version and it didn't work.
I searched here on the forum and on the internet and didn't find anything similar.
Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?
Do you have any cheats and/or sysmodules enabled?
Hi,

I just updated my Atmosphere, Hekate and FW from a much earlier version.

I used the NH Switch guide to mod my switch initially.

To get Atmosphere to work, I had to copy across the new Fusee payload to the payloads folder, as formerly I must have been using Fusee primary.

I now can only boot to Atmosphere in Hekate by selecting the Fusee payload, whereas previously I used to boot EMUnand in Hekate.

My question is, booting the Fusee payload directly, does it boot to EMUnand or SYSnand?

Is there a way to change the booting payloads in Hekate, so I do not have to keep selecting the new Fusee payload?

Thank you kindly
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

inerax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have been out of the switch game for some time now but need some help with a modded switch I have. I have a switch running SX OS and would like to move to Atmosphere. I have looked around and am having trouble finding how to do this. Can someone help point me in the right direction so I can swap to atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have been out of the switch game for some time now but need some help with a modded switch I have. I have a switch running SX OS and would like to move to Atmosphere. I have looked around and am having trouble finding how to do this. Can someone help point me in the right direction so I can swap to atmosphere?
Well that depends on your setup. How did you launch SX OS originally? Which Switch version do you have (Erista, Mariko, Lite)?
Hi,

Here it is

Thank you kindly
Do you have fusee-secondary.bin in your /atmosphere folder?

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use FAT32 use formating tools like guiformat or minitool partition wizard to format it. But then again you should be using FAT32

Ok, thanks for that advice BigOnYa and Hayayo213.

I put all my old files onto the new SD card that I formatted with Guiformat.

Finally got back into atmosphere.

And finally used tinwoo to install Super Mario Wonder...

...and it's just a black screen.

So, troubleshooting:

-My firmware is 15. I don't really know how to update that without going online. I know you're supposed to use Daybreak but that's the limit of my technical expertise.

-I also assume this is sigpatches related; is there a way to update those without having to turn it off as well?

-In DBI, I clicked "cleanup orphaned files" to see if that helped. Now Tinwoo just gives a black screen when I try to use it.

Last edited by testing123,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
-My firmware is 15. I don't really know how to update that without going online. I know you're supposed to use Daybreak but that's the limit of my technical expertise.
Super Mario Wonder requires firmware 16.0.3 at the very least therefore it won't work on 15.x.x. You need to find latest Switch firmware files (quick Google Search is all that it takes, we are not allowed to link to those sites here on GBATemp). After you find them, make a folder on your SD card, name it "firmware" or something and extract the archive you've previously downloaded that has firmware files.

Make sure that you have the latest Atmosphere and Hekate on your SD card, as well as latest sigpatches. Make sure to set up DNS MITM as well, especially if you've blanked your prodinfo in the past. Don't forget to update Atmosphere and Hekate payloads as well.

After all that launch Daybreak, find the "firmware" folder, wait for it to check the integrity of the files and proceed to install them. You do not need to restore to factory settings, you can select either FAT32 or FAT32 + exFAT (I only use FAT32). Wait for it to finish and reboot.

Reactions: testing123

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought 1tb sandisk ultra 2 years ago never use cause my 500 wasn't full. Now I am doing upgrade since last week, copy past file base didn't worked. so I asked for helped here but so far nothing seem to work.
1. formatted to new fat32
2. fresh atmosphere,Hekate,fuse, Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.6.2-cfw-17.0.0 everything up to date
when boot I get sd card red Icon boot.DAT?
btw is a mod chip switch SX
thanks for any advice

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought 1tb sandisk ultra 2 years ago never use cause my 500 wasn't full. Now I am doing upgrade since last week, copy past file base didn't worked. so I asked for helped here but so far nothing seem to work.
1. formatted to new fat32
2. fresh atmosphere,Hekate,fuse, Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.6.2-cfw-17.0.0 everything up to date
when boot I get sd card red Icon boot.DAT?
btw is a mod chip switch SX
thanks for any advice

You have an SX emunand?

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mystic_Boner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have an OG switch running Atmosphere, and 1TB SD card with 32gb partition for emuMMC. I am constantly running out of space for game saves. (Minecraft and some other of my kids games are big offenders.)

1. Is there a way to increase the size of the partition where saves live, and have that solve the issue as simple as that?

2. If not, I read about a flag you can set in Atmosphere called save redirecting, allowing saves to be stored on the SD card, however, not much discussion can be found and not clear if it's meant to be used natively by the Switch to save and load from/to, or strictly for backing up saves and have to manually load them in when you want to use them.

I did search around here and other sites for a while before posting this but I do apologize if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2