Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I had a quick question about dumping my keys. I have a switch that I only turn on when I want to dump an update/new game. I wanted to dump the last update to mario kart 8. Previously, the firmware was version 16.0.3, and to download the update, I needed to get version 17.0.0, so I went ahead with that. My question is that generally, when updating to a later version of firmware, I would need download a newer version of lockpick, but that seems to have not been possible for a while. What is being done to currently dump keys? I still have the last version of lockpick that was available, will that be sufficient?
First - Mario Kart update does not require FW 17. 16.0.3 would have been fine to install update.
Second - https://gbatemp.net/threads/lockpick_rcm-payload-official-thread.532916/post-10266016

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, I had a quick question about dumping my keys. I have a switch that I only turn on when I want to dump an update/new game. I wanted to dump the last update to mario kart 8. Previously, the firmware was version 16.0.3, and to download the update, I needed to get version 17.0.0, so I went ahead with that. My question is that generally, when updating to a later version of firmware, I would need download a newer version of lockpick, but that seems to have not been possible for a while. What is being done to currently dump keys? I still have the last version of lockpick that was available, will that be sufficient?
Please check my post here.

edit: ninja'd by @BigOnYa :P

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone Quick Question: NXthemes key extraction from FS failed

i updated my switch to 17.0.0 but forgot to clean themes so i made an atmosphere error 2162. to solved it i removed the atmosphere/contents/001000001000 folder since that is the themes file. so it boots up and good but when i tried to install the theme again. i get an error of key extraction? can someone help?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, it's been a while since I updated my Switch firmware and CFW and I was waiting for the Homebrew SD Setup site to update to the latest Atmosphere but its still outdated. I assume it isn't being updated anymore?

In the past, when updating, I more or less just deleted everything on my SD except for the Emunand and Nintendo folders (where the installed games were located), then I downloaded the whole package again from the Homebrew SD Setup page.

Is there an updated site people are using now or are we manually updating each CFW app (including Atmosphere) by locating their Github-download page individually?

Also, I've been reading about some issues with recent firmware/CFW causing bricking? Is it safe to update to the latest firmware right now?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, it's been a while since I updated my Switch firmware and CFW and I was waiting for the Homebrew SD Setup site to update to the latest Atmosphere but its still outdated. I assume it isn't being updated anymore?

In the past, when updating, I more or less just deleted everything on my SD except for the Emunand and Nintendo folders (where the installed games were located), then I downloaded the whole package again from the Homebrew SD Setup page.

Is there an updated site people are using now or are we manually updating each CFW app (including Atmosphere) by locating their Github-download page individually?

Also, I've been reading about some issues with recent firmware/CFW causing bricking? Is it safe to update to the latest firmware right now?

Use another pack like deepsea or hats if you want prebuild one or you can manually update it yourself.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use another pack like deepsea or hats if you want prebuild one or you can manually update it yourself.
Deepsea or Hats? I haven't heard of either, just google them I guess?

Edit: Found them, Deepsea seems to be more in line with the Homebrew SD Setup packages. Hats seems fairly bare bones.

Post automatically merged:

Are we still using NS USB Loader to boot into Hekate?

And what is the best game installer, I have always used Awoo but saw some people posting about it not installing certain game updates?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

LipefipeFelps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, my switch freezes if i try to enter hbmenu mid-game (via album) while status-monitor-overlay is on. How do i proceed?
(it used to work before)

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And what is the best game installer, I have always used Awoo but saw some people posting about it not installing certain game updates?
I personally use DBI Installer, mainly because it was the first installer I ever used on my Switch. sthetix made a great video explaining its features and how to use it. if you're using Deepsea, it comes with Goldleaf now which probably does the same thing (but I don't think it does XCI installs which DBI does).

Reactions: BigOnYa

HiradeGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone. does anyone know how to make the homebrew menu to only open on album, but only when holding right stick button? please and thx in advance.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
when i holding R and press gallery it enter homebrew, but i want it showing the path homebrew installed because i think i have multiple version of homebrew, some homebrew is even dupplicated, maybe it's causes by manual download homebrew and installed homebrew through hb-store

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone. does anyone know how to make the homebrew menu to only open on album, but only when holding right stick button? please and thx in advance.
I think something like this could work:
Code:
[default_config]
override_key=!RS
File is called override_config.ini, its path should be /atmosphere/config/

when i holding R and press gallery it enter homebrew, but i want it showing the path homebrew installed because i think i have multiple version of homebrew, some homebrew is even dupplicated, maybe it's causes by manual download homebrew and installed homebrew through hb-store
The homebrew path is /switch/ by default

Stalfos_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there ppl, I'm trying to figure out an issue i'm having with my console... well about a month ago i've bought a chipmodded Oled Switch (it uses the Hekate/atmosphere 16.0.1, dual boot OFW/CFW mode) Last time I had to take it back to the store to get it fixed, cause out of nowhere it stopped booting into the hekate launcher, so yeah, it got stuck with OFW mode everytime i've turned the console on. The vendor doesn't told me anything deeper about it, he just replaced the chip with a new one and said the last one was outdated, I don't know what kind of chip he putted, I got to say it's working fine, but STILL the same problem appears (sometimes) and it usually resolves when rebooting.

I'm just a little concerned, I dont want to take it back to the store everytime this happens cause maybe it's something under my control, I can't deny that they fixed the problem, but honestly this seems like a temporal fix to me, so please, I would appreciate any information about this.

Also I wanna add that I don't use OFW neither online mode and this issue tends to be more frequent when I use the switch docked, so because of this i don't play on the tv anymore.

Ascertaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I wanted to update my switch to 17.0.0 so I installed the latest atmosphere release (1.6.2-master-f7bf379cf) and installed the 17.0.0 firmware with Daybreak. After the install was successful I rebooted and got this screen:
20231116_202123.jpg

I then tried rebooting to OFW and got this:
20231116_202309.png

Is my switch bricked?? What do I do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done transfers from SysNAND to EmuNAND and viceversa via TegraExplorer (keeping everything clean). I use a similar method than this one: https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchextractsaves/

But now I would like to transfer a save from EmuNAND to SysNAND from a title that isn't installed in SysNAND. Normally you'd just replace whatever is there, but in this case there's of course nothing to replace.

Does anybody know how to solve this (without running CFW on SysNAND)?

I searched the forums and all solutions I saw require running a save manager on SysNAND (applet or otherwise) to inject the save. This isn't what I'm looking for.
What you're asking for is unfortunately not possible. There is simply no way to inject a save without running the game at least once.

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I modded my switch around a month ago and this week when I restart switch into cfw it hangs at nintendo switch logo but boots fine If i boot sysnand only fix I found is to delete atmosphere and do clean install from sysmodules I only use SaltyNX Missioncontrol and SysDVR and microsd I use is Sandisk 128gb. Is there anything I can do to prevent this since it is annoying to reinstall atmosphere everyday. HOS version is 16.1.0 and it both happens on atmosphere 1.5.5 and 1.6.2, microsd is FAT32 and I am also using themes on my switch. Sysnand boots fine without cfw but on emunand this problem happens

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my switch around a month ago and this week when I restart switch into cfw it hangs at nintendo switch logo but boots fine If i boot sysnand only fix I found is to delete atmosphere and do clean install from sysmodules I only use SaltyNX Missioncontrol and SysDVR and microsd I use is Sandisk 128gb. Is there anything I can do to prevent this since it is annoying to reinstall atmosphere everyday. HOS version is 16.1.0 and it both happens on atmosphere 1.5.5 and 1.6.2, microsd is FAT32 and I am also using themes on my switch. Sysnand boots fine without cfw but on emunand this problem happens

This sounds like a bad card to me, but I have never seen this behavior in the wild. If I was troubleshooting, a different card would be my first step.

Today I wanted to update my switch to 17.0.0 so I installed the latest atmosphere release (1.6.2-master-f7bf379cf) and installed the 17.0.0 firmware with Daybreak. After the install was successful I rebooted and got this screen: View attachment 404549

I then tried rebooting to OFW and got this: View attachment 404557

Is my switch bricked?? What do I do?
Try booting ofw with the sd card removed. I have only seen this error code twice, but both times it was the sd card causing issues.

Last edited by zamastyle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land