Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Really no point of downgrade, if you downgrade to 16.1.0 you need to Hekate to boot stock/OFW due to the mismatch fuse count. Any issue with 17.0.1?
NO ISSUE on 17.0.1 but I got my user data all in the 16.1.0 where 17.0.1 is fresh wiped, so trying to figure move old user data into 17.0.1.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO ISSUE on 17.0.1 but I got my user data all in the 16.1.0 where 17.0.1 is fresh wiped, so trying to figure move old user data into 17.0.1.

If you got NAND backup and data of files from 16.1.0 you can restore the nand backup and copy the files to the SD if you wiped the sd.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My current plan is just to pull out the card, reformat it, and then I've been told to use the guide at rentry, but I want to make sure I don't miss any steps again. So I follow the rentry guide, I then install DBI. Are there any other vital steps I might be missing? Thanks in advance, I just would like to have this sorted out once and for all. The guides are kind of opaque to me because I'm unfamiliar with all this stuff and a lot of things are outdated (on the other ones at least) or seem to take it for granted that there's familiarity with the unfamiliar.
In addition to to that, I'd set up DNS MITM and download latest sigpatches and sys-patch module (requires tesla menu + nx-ovlloader).
As for firmware updates, I usually get firmware files from a certain site that we aren't allowed to link to (quick Google search is all it takes to find it), copy them to the SD card and install them via Daybreak. That should do the trick for the initial setup.

After that, make sure not to update your firmware unless the most recent Atmosphere and Hekate builds support it.
Also, make sure that sigpatches and/or sys-patch are up-to-date and working as well by following this thread for updates.

As for DBI, check this video by sthetix on how to install it and use it (check the video's description for solution in case your Switch is not being recognized properly by DBI).

Reactions: KrAzY3

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Use hekate if you got nand backup, restore the boot0/boot1 and the rawnand, rawnand is the system and user partition.
Seeems my bakcup has corruption and will lead to error 2002-4373(0x222a02) , I manually copy paste only /saves from 16.1.0 user partition to 17.0.1 but it does not show from system setting->data management->delete data.
I probably will stop messing up OFW from getting ban, since this is customers device and mostly he/she should have cloud save or most games are online based

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, not completely aimed at hacking, but I have 2 questions:
1) The last few updates for the Switch I've heard claims, rumors and such about OFW 17.0 and a rebootless update that came after, then 17.0.1. They claim that some Switches (not sure which model or serial number are more susceptible) if they update with the re-bootless update, could end up getting bricked, or if not then possibly have a lot of game data corrupted. What can I do about it?
2) Besides Team SX OS of Team Xecutor (RIP) what are one, or two other Modchip makers that make mod chips for use on the Nintendo Switch?

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to installing updates, do we have to install each one sequentially, or can we just install the latest update?

Example:

1702522285755.png

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to installing updates, do we have to install each one sequentially, or can we just install the latest update?

Example:

View attachment 408631
You only need the last, most recent one, it will contain the contents of the other updates in it. In your case: v1.0.10

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in August I installed CFW on my Switch and that ultimately turned into a nightmare because I ended up unable to get any games to work (well one game worked briefly but in the process of trying to get others to work that one ultimately didn't either).

I suspect part of that has to do with the fact that the guide I was following didn't say anything about sigpatches so I think they were omitted, but I was also told I should be using DBI (which no mention was made of that either in the "guide"). Anyway, I tried installing sigpatches after the fact but nothing has worked since then and it became so annoying and frustrating (never had this many issues trying to softmod a console) I just set the damn thing down for a few months.

My current plan is just to pull out the card, reformat it, and then I've been told to use the guide at rentry, but I want to make sure I don't miss any steps again. So I follow the rentry guide, I then install DBI. Are there any other vital steps I might be missing? Thanks in advance, I just would like to have this sorted out once and for all. The guides are kind of opaque to me because I'm unfamiliar with all this stuff and a lot of things are outdated (on the other ones at least) or seem to take it for granted that there's familiarity with the unfamiliar.
I would not recommend following the rentry guide. Despite popular belief, it is actually not a very good guide. Instead, I'd advise you to use this guide. Not only is it the first Switch hacking guide to be released but it has also been updated regularly as the scene progressed. In case the guide does not cover it, you download your patches from this thread. I'd also not use DBI. I prefer using and recommending TinWoo Installer as its what I personally use plus it never ever gives me any issues.
Hello, not completely aimed at hacking, but I have 2 questions:
1) The last few updates for the Switch I've heard claims, rumors and such about OFW 17.0 and a rebootless update that came after, then 17.0.1. They claim that some Switches (not sure which model or serial number are more susceptible) if they update with the re-bootless update, could end up getting bricked, or if not then possibly have a lot of game data corrupted. What can I do about it?
2) Besides Team SX OS of Team Xecutor (RIP) what are one, or two other Modchip makers that make mod chips for use on the Nintendo Switch?
  1. Firmware 17.0 introduced a change that unexpectedly affected certain users with hacked consoles or consoles that were even previously hacked. Basically, the console performs some sort of check with the serial number but since there are tools and homebrew apps that can blank it out, this caused consoles to be unable to boot. This initially needed to be fix by having users boot Atmosphere once. However if a user either doesn't restore their serial number or add DNS blocking, the console would still be unable to boot. What I would recommend doing if you blanked your serial number is immediately restore it. Blanking the serial number has never been widely recommended because it mimics a ban moreso than Airplane Mode or deleting the Wi-Fi settings. Without your serial number, you cannot go online even if you wanted to and as soon as you lost the backup, you're effectively banned
  2. I don't know who makes them but there are the Hwfly which are clones of the TX modchips so many people believe they're made by ex-members of TX but there is no proof of that and there are also the picofly chips

QWERTY_YTREWQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a (safe) tool where i can acces the switch filesystem via usb (like a usb storage stick) or do i still need to go into Hekate > tools > usb tool > sd card?

TheLordDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get sys-clk working anymore. It used to work in 16 but since updating to 17 I haven't been able to get it working again. I get sys-clk does not seem to be running. I've tried installing sysclick, tesla, and ovl from both github and hbstore and reinistalling but neither works. OG switch 17.0.1/AMS 1.6.2|S

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DBI, I installed some
  • .xci + .nsp games
  • .nsp games
  • .nsp update files
  • .nsp DLC files
After doing that, there is a blank icon on my Switch? Is there a way to delete it? Does anyone know what may have happened?

1702674402175.png

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DBI, I installed some
  • .xci + .nsp games
  • .nsp games
  • .nsp update files
  • .nsp DLC files
After doing that, there is a blank icon on my Switch? Is there a way to delete it? Does anyone know what may have happened?

View attachment 408937
Go into your Switch settings-data management-software and you can uninstall it. Usually it's just a bad install or bad game dump.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

HansDampf90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey people,
I just updated my unpatched 2017 switch to Firmware v17. 00. the update went well. Then I downloaded the "justinsertthestuff" Package and started to launch atmosphere but it everytime gives me a weird error. I can launch the switch in regular Mode but not in cfw atmpshere mode anymore. Does anybody know how to fix the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20231216_144459.jpg
    IMG_20231216_144459.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people,
I just updated my unpatched 2017 switch to Firmware v17. 00. the update went well. Then I downloaded the "justinsertthestuff" Package and started to launch atmosphere but it everytime gives me a weird error. I can launch the switch in regular Mode but not in cfw atmpshere mode anymore. Does anybody know how to fix the problem?
Did you update to the newest "hekate_ctaer_xxx..bin" in your payload pusher/ TegraGU?
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe