nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey all. I have had this problem for about 8 months already. Two games (Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2) started giving problems when opening in CFW. I have the original cartridge for RER 1 and it doesn't work when I launch it on my switch or my son's, the same with any NSP of revelations 2 (even the ticketless ones). We have a 3rd switch with no CFW and there, the cartridge works normally and all. I already reinstalled the ticket with Tinfoil selecting "install ticket only" but to no avail. I don't have a clue about what to do. If somebody could help me with this issue, I would appreciate it very much, please. Thank you!!!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I have had this problem for about 8 months already. Two games (Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2) started giving problems when opening in CFW. I have the original cartridge for RER 1 and it doesn't work when I launch it on my switch or my son's, the same with any NSP of revelations 2 (even the ticketless ones). We have a 3rd switch with no CFW and there, the cartridge works normally and all. I already reinstalled the ticket with Tinfoil selecting "install ticket only" but to no avail. I don't have a clue about what to do. If somebody could help me with this issue, I would appreciate it very much, please. Thank you!!!

Did you downgrade system firmware? Cartridge slot has it own firmware.

Reactions: nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you downgrade system firmware? Cartridge slot has it own firmware.
No, the problem is there only with this cartridge of Revelations 1 and or the NSP, and the NSP of Revelations 2. Other cartridges work normally. It is specifically with these two games, in NSP or cartridge form, and in two switches with CFW! Don't know what happened.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the problem is there only with this cartridge of Revelations 1 and or the NSP, and the NSP of Revelations 2. Other cartridges work normally. It is specifically with these two games, in NSP or cartridge form, and in two switches with CFW! Don't know what happened.
You can try the newest Sigpatches: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
If that no help, I would go into your settings/data management and delete game save and game data for that game , then try.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you try getting into the maintenance mode on CFW in order to clear cache? Animal Crossing: New Horizons refused to work on my Switch no matter what I did until I did that.
Here's how:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point the pending update is deleted.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Hope it helps.
Also, as @BigOnYa said, grab the latest sigpatches as well.

Reactions: nWo and BigOnYa

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you try getting into the maintenance mode on CFW in order to clear cache? Animal Crossing: New Horizons refused to work on my Switch no matter what I did until I did that.
Here's how:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point the pending update is deleted.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Hope it helps.
Also, as @BigOnYa said, grab the latest sigpatches as well.
Thanks. I already have the latest patches, and deleted the save data. Going to try with the maintenance mode, is the only option I haven't tried. But it is pretty strange, specially since it only happens with these two games.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is considered the best installer nowadays?

I used to use Awoo and liked it a lot, but I wonder if I should stick to it, or if there's some risks about using it on a updated system (maybe some sort of incompatibility that could break something on a install).

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is considered the best installer nowadays?

I used to use Awoo and liked it a lot, but I wonder if I should stick to it, or if there's some risks about using it on a updated system (maybe some sort of incompatibility that could break something on a install).
Awoo still works fine. DBI is also good.

ak4r1n

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, help me out please.. i dont know what to do.. i had the need to upgrade my sd card, so i did, in the process i decided to put an android tv on it, have one from first generation, the first ones, follow the official guide, all works fine.. but in the end the problem began, when i shutdown or reestart de android lineage os, the switch automatically return to lineage os, doenst show anymore the nyx page with launch, etc to me, i trie to shut down with vol -, vol + , nothing happens, i'm lost.

pS: before flashing android, i got certified that "the moving" sd's was working, play a few minutes on TOTK all okay, same with the android tv, working flawlessly..

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    27 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 12

MrHoofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super new so I don't know some terms and program names but here goes

I'm assuming there's some sort of program to resign/edit save files from one account to another. My question is, how risky would it be to download a cloud save - move to emunand- lightly edit the save in cfw - resign it to another profile - move it to sysnand - upload to cloud? Right now I'm testing with pirated versions but plan to purchase the games when I'm ready to open shop

Would it make more sense to just edit saves in sysnand with homebrew programs? I understand there's always a risk...trying to avoid that instaban

I've been profile banned on other consoles 1000 times so I know what not to touch for the most part. But this whole dirty side / clean side has me off my square
Post automatically merged:

I'm assuming there's some sort of program to resign/edit save files from one account to another. My question is, how risky would it be to download a cloud save - move to emunand- lightly edit the save in cfw - resign it to another profile - move it to sysnand - upload to cloud? Right now I'm testing with pirated versions but plan to purchase the games when I'm ready to open shop

Would it make more sense to just edit saves in sysnand with homebrew programs? I understand there's always a risk...trying to avoid that instaban

I've been profile banned on other consoles 1000 times so I know what not to touch for the most part. But this whole dirty side / clean side has me off my square
Forgot to mention I only chipped this switch to sell online services. Im ready for/ understand the risk

keineAhnung

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Good morning everyone,

I have a switch with SN XKJ7008299....
Is it possible to use Homebrew or Atmosphere?
I would be very grateful for your help so that I don't scrap it
Kind regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mention I only chipped this switch to sell online services. Im ready for/ understand the risk
Well there is no such thing as "instaban" but people have been banned for tampering with save data. Ascertaining the exact risk is subjective because its Nintendo who determines who gets banned so you will get different answers from different people. Instead, weigh the two options against each other and see which is more important to you. What is worth more to you, your save data or access to online services? This is just my opinion so feel free to disagree but save data is ultimately a representation of your time while online access can be mitigated by simply buying another console.

Reactions: BigOnYa

MrHoofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is no such thing as "instaban" but people have been banned for tampering with save data. Ascertaining the exact risk is subjective because its Nintendo who determines who gets banned so you will get different answers from different people. Instead, weigh the two options against each other and see which is more important to you. What is worth more to you, your save data or access to online services? This is just my opinion so feel free to disagree but save data is ultimately a representation of your time while online access can be mitigated by simply buying another console.
after 3 or 4 days of searching the forums im just going for it. i only bought this console to trade stuff online. im just keeping tinfoil off the console all together so theres no mistakes and run whatever homebrew i need on sysnand with airplane mode. seems like pirates are the only ones complaining about being (console) banned. most games you can buy a gameshare account for 80% off. beyond the early releases pirating just seems...whats the word....extra?

if anyones watching let me know. ill post updates every couple days

The13thVessel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I have a question, I technically installed the GBA NSO latest update NSP, however, the new games don't show up when I start up
Sorry for asking again, but I've been trying to solve this to no avail, I don't know if there is some kind of issue or am I doing something wrong? The sigpatches and the Switch are updated

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking again, but I've been trying to solve this to no avail, I don't know if there is some kind of issue or am I doing something wrong? The sigpatches and the Switch are updated
Have you tried getting the nsp from different source? Or maybe try uninstall the game, and reinstall base and that update only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3