Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DiegoAndresCHL

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone, i installed picofly rp2040 and works perfeclty, but, after create de emuMMC, in tried to launch atmosphere and after the atmo logo, nothing happend the console freezes , before install the chip the console had 18.0.1 FW, thats was a problem? the console freezes in the Nintendo Switch Logo when i tried to turn on with the OWF (Stock-sysMMC), i need help, thanks in advance.

(sorry for my bad inglish unu

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Would I need a USB injector?
Nope. Since you have a modchip installed, your console should enter recovery mode on boot and launch the payload.bin file from the root of your SD card (usually it's the renamed Hekate's payload).

like for whatever reason 4 drives appear after plugging it in and each has the same 'Unrecognized file system, reformat..' etc etc. tried this on my mac too for shits and gigs and literally nothing appears. my pc is detecting the drive - it can say how big it is, etc, but for whatever reason none of the FOUR drives are usable and need to reformatted, which i am not going to do as people have told me
Don't you have an unmodded Switch Lite? Or did you recently acquired an unpatched V1? I'll assume that you now have an unpatched V1 as well.

It's definitely weird to see that you have multiple partitions on your SD card. Can you boot into OFW? If so, I'd suggest that you start from scratch by following either NH Switch guide and Rentry.org Switch guide in order to install CFW on your new Switch.

Can I use the backup I have on my SD and is there a way in this process for me to keep save files from the corrupted emuMMC?
Can someone else please help out with these questions? I've never needed to do either so I really don't know the answers.
The only time I restored my emuMMC backup was when I switched to a new SD card by following this guide (via NxNandManager).
Is the backup you're speaking of made from sysMMC or emuMMC? If it's emuMMC, I think that you can restore it, but I'm not sure what to do if it's the sysMMC one. If I had to start from scratch, I'd just create a fresh emuMMC.

As for the save files on the corrupted emuMMC, it depends on whether the USER partition is accessible or not. binkinator made a decent guide on how to recover and restore those saves.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new sd and download everything again and nothing, I got the same error
The link I posted has nothing do with a new SD card. You have to remove the old bootloader folder because it may be corrupted and create a new hekate_ipl.ini then copy the contents from the old one to the new one.

Reactions: Blythe93

cxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Since you have a modchip installed, your console should enter recovery mode on boot and launch the payload.bin file from the root of your SD card (usually it's the renamed Hekate's payload).

Don't you have an unmodded Switch Lite? Or did you recently acquired an unpatched V1? I'll assume that you now have an unpatched V1 as well.

It's definitely weird to see that you have multiple partitions on your SD card. Can you boot into OFW? If so, I'd suggest that you start from scratch by following either NH Switch guide and Rentry.org Switch guide in order to install CFW on your new Switch.

The only time I restored my emuMMC backup was when I switched to a new SD card by following this guide (via NxNandManager).
Is the backup you're speaking of made from sysMMC or emuMMC? If it's emuMMC, I think that you can restore it, but I'm not sure what to do if it's the sysMMC one. If I had to start from scratch, I'd just create a fresh emuMMC.

As for the save files on the corrupted emuMMC, it depends on whether the USER partition is accessible or not. binkinator made a decent guide on how to recover and restore those saves.
i got a unpatched v1 the other day :) managed to figure it out and boot into hekate!

another question for anyone willing to answer - i did my emuMMC installation to the NH Switch Guide and cant tell if it is bootable. on the launch screen i still have just atmosphere and stock sysMMC. did the emuMMC install just not change the name and it worked? is there a way to tell im in the emuMMC? looking to test incognito mode so kinda want it to work

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question for anyone willing to answer - i did my emuMMC installation to the NH Switch Guide and cant tell if it is bootable. on the launch screen i still have just atmosphere and stock sysMMC. did the emuMMC install just not change the name and it worked? is there a way to tell im in the emuMMC? looking to test incognito mode so kinda want it to work
To check if you are in emuMMC, you can go into System Settings to check your current firmware version. If you're in emuMMC, you will see the letter E at the end.

Reactions: Blythe93 and cxon

cxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some unrelated questions for those who know - not sure if this is the right place but i am new to all this so thank ya

Curious on what the process is for you guys who have picked up Pokemon genning using PKHex and wondering how do you do it? In my instance for example, how would you use the save editor on say atmosphere if saves aren't synced between instances? (Have heard this before) Would you use emuMMC or a sysCFW or something similar? Would you get the key for the game, edit that save? If that's the case how do you trade of a save locked offline on emuMMC? Sorry if this isn't the place just curious what your solutions to this would be or could point me in the right direction :)) Looking to save-edit on one device then trade over to another

edit: may have answered my own question assuming its safe? using save editor on sysCFW (offline/airplane mode), then launching it on sysNAND vanilla, which then could be traded? this assuming they use the same saves ofc :wtf:

Last edited by cxon,

froggy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's most likely because your console was CDN banned in the past. A CDN ban blocked any communication with Nintendo's servers from online play to even downloading firmware updates. The reason was a tool called CDNSP was used to download games, updates, and DLC from the eShop at the cost of the unique certificate of a Switch. Initially, Nintendo reacted by banning any certs caught abusing this. Eventually, Nintendo reworked their CDN to make this less easy to achieve which made CDNSP useless. And since certs weren't being abused anymore, Nintendo downgraded all CDN bans to more appropriate level bans such as console bans.
i bought my switch brand new i got banned cuz i stupidly installed some dlc as an experiment on the sysnand a experiment i should have performed on the emmumc lesson learned i have since bought a second switch that is also modded but remains in stock mode for online games unless i need to transfer saves or dump content

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm gonna be getting the little RCM jig later today, but for various reasons I won't be able to start this process until tomorrow when I get back from work. So I took a quick look at the guide in rentry, and it looks a bit confusing.

Is this the order in which I'm gonna be doing things?

Launching Payloads > Create/Restore Nand Backup > Dump Device Keys > Setup Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Erista Unpatched?

I ask because I also looked at some Youtube guides and they're kind of all over the place. And there's a couple steps before that but I already know my Switch is hackable, and I don't plan on ever using my official Nintendo account on this Switch again. I have another Switch for that so I'm just gonna skip those first two steps.

Don't follow youtube video, follow a written guide like rentry. You don't have to make an emunand if you don't want to if you don't plan to play online at all, but recommend to have a NAND backup.

0Futurisma0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys hello.

I have Installed emulation station and added favorite games for each console. Does anyone know how to transfer these favorite games to another setup ? Eg my pc?

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I received a moddable Switch that's had multiple owners but no way to know who'd done what with it. In a nutshell, it looks like it did have sysNAND modding done at some point, as after turning it on, running through the initialization wizard, and performing a system update, the Switch rebooted to a black screen.

I've thrown hekate onto a microSD card, and with my joy con rail jig, I can put the Switch into RCM and send the hekate bin to it to load up the hekte bootloader. I can view fuse and other info just fine, but attempting to Launch into either Atmosphere or Stock just results in a blank screen.

Having no access to any nand backups, what would be my next steps for further diagnosis/recovery of the unit?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do you guys know of any homebrew that would allow me to overlay the fps on screen in real-time while playing a game?
I haven't used it myself, but you can check Status Monitor Overlay.

I received a moddable Switch that's had multiple owners but no way to know who'd done what with it. In a nutshell, it looks like it did have sysNAND modding done at some point, as after turning it on, running through the initialization wizard, and performing a system update, the Switch rebooted to a black screen.

I've thrown hekate onto a microSD card, and with my joy con rail jig, I can put the Switch into RCM and send the hekate bin to it to load up the hekte bootloader. I can view fuse and other info just fine, but attempting to Launch into either Atmosphere or Stock just results in a blank screen.

Having no access to any nand backups, what would be my next steps for further diagnosis/recovery of the unit?
Which firmware it was on before you've updated it? You might have run into a save issue after updating to 17.0.0 or newer. To fix it, make sure to boot at least once into sysNAND CFW with Atmosphere 1.6.1 or newer (just grab the latest version available).

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Which firmware it was on before you've updated it? You might have run into a save issue after updating to 17.0.0 or newer. To fix it, make sure to boot at least once into sysNAND CFW with Atmosphere 1.6.1 or newer (just grab the latest version available).
I'm fairly certain it was on 13.0.0. I'm dumping a nand backup right now (just so I have something I could restore if needed), but I'll read through that link after. Thank you very much for the guidance.

CrimsonStrider

Trophies
XP
Country
China
What's the situation with the current firmware?

Usually I just ignore the update message until I can't play online anymore, then go to that place with all the firmware listed and install via daybreak.

I'm currently on 18.0.0 and when 18.0.1 released it stopped me from playing anything online which is all I do with my switch. I haven't seen 18.0.1 posted yet and it's been 2 or 3 weeks now.

Does it usually take some time for the latest firmware to be listed? Or am I not searching the right place?

Since my switch already has the latest firmware ready to install, is there anyway I can extract it and install via daybreak?

I only use atmosphere because I want to use the training mode pack for Smash and the dvr thing to record gameplay in games that don't allow it. Everything is legal and I don't use emmunand or anything. The last time I accidentally updated without daybreak was 17.0.0 I think. I don't imagine there's any issue with just doing the update normally, but if I wait I can preserve fuse count right? Or is that not a thing anymore?

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What's the situation with the current firmware?

Usually I just ignore the update message until I can't play online anymore, then go to that place with all the firmware listed and install via daybreak.

I'm currently on 18.0.0 and when 18.0.1 released it stopped me from playing anything online which is all I do with my switch. I haven't seen 18.0.1 posted yet and it's been 2 or 3 weeks now.

Does it usually take some time for the latest firmware to be listed? Or am I not searching the right place?

Since my switch already has the latest firmware ready to install, is there anyway I can extract it and install via daybreak?

I only use atmosphere because I want to use the training mode pack for Smash and the dvr thing to record gameplay in games that don't allow it. Everything is legal and I don't use emmunand or anything. The last time I accidentally updated without daybreak was 17.0.0 I think. I don't imagine there's any issue with just doing the update normally, but if I wait I can preserve fuse count right? Or is that not a thing anymore?

From the sound of it, you run cfw on sysnand? If so, then you might as well just update OFW the normal way from settings. Emunand is for those who want to hide things from ninty. If you have been running CFW fine on sysnand all the while, it doesn't make sense to continue with the longer route of doing things. Ninty already knows all there is to know about your switch, preserving fuse count is pointless at this point. Even more so since you have not been banned after all this time. which means whatever you have been doing all this while isn't something that would invite a ban.

So update your OFW the normal way through settings, forget about daybreak. Only concern you have is whether CFW has been updated for the latest OFW. As of now, the current CFW works with 1.8.0.1. That's what I have been doing for years.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtD6BeBJK4