Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
So I was promised a switch on the summer after my university entrance exams.But with all the progress and updates coming up, I am thinking of persuading pan earlier purchase. First of all what is your opinion on this and secondly how accurate is the firmware by serial chart? Thanks in advance!

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I was promised a switch on the summer after my university entrance exams.But with all the progress and updates coming up, I am thinking of persuading pan earlier purchase. First of all what is your opinion on this and secondly how accurate is the firmware by serial chart? Thanks in advance!

The firmwares cover a range of serials, some of which overlap. I have no grounds to base this off but as long as you avoid the fuzzy areas I think you should be alright. If there's multiple serials just go with the lowest/safest (for different series 100/400/700 that'll vary what's "safe")

Example: for 3.0.0 these serials are perfect:
W100: <200
W400: <020
W700: <050

J100: <100
J400: <180
J700: <140

Any higher and you'll be pushing your luck

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: Mylink5

Weysincha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello

i have a little question

i Bought today a Switch FW is 3.0.1 what i should do, bring it back or wait for the new exploit
and if the exploit is ou how i Update my switch to the exploit need fw?

Thank you

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

i have a little question

i Bought today a Switch FW is 3.0.1 what i should do, bring it back or wait for the new exploit
and if the exploit is ou how i Update my switch to the exploit need fw?

Thank you

Update it to the latest version because 4.1.0 will get CFW at some point, and you can access the eShop on 4.1.0 (until a new update comes out)

Or you could return it and try again for a 3.0.0, up to you.

Reactions: Weysincha

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
The firmwares cover a range of serials, some of which overlap. I have no grounds to base this off but as long as you avoid the fuzzy areas I think you should be alright. If there's multiple serials just go with the lowest/safest (for different series 100/400/700 that'll vary what's "safe")

Example: for 3.0.0 these serials are perfect:
W100: <200
W400: <020
W700: <050

J100: <100
J400: <180
J700: <140

Any higher and you'll be pushing your luck
Thanks for the thorough reply! One last question, should I hunt 3.0 or lower FWs?

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the thorough reply! One last question, should I hunt 3.0 or lower FWs?
Anything at or lower than 3.0.0 is good if you want homebrew right away, but if you can find a console with 1.0.0 you can apparently get CFW earlier (you just can't play many games on it or use homebrew until later)

Reactions: Mylink5

CloudvsRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about buying a brand new Switch but my funds are limited. There's no current way to hack it and install Switch games? Are there any programs that would allow me to copy and install rentals?

Last edited by CloudvsRoy,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thinking about buying a brand new Switch but my funds are limited. There's no current way to hack it and install Switch games? Are there any programs that would allow me to copy and install rentals?

Nope, not currently, and likely not for the forseeable future.

Splitframe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I know it might be a little early to say, but can someone with experience say how probable it is that we can change save games in somewhat near future?
I am currently playing Zelda on Cemu, but I definitely want to buy Zelda when I buy a Switch for the new Smash Bros.
If there is no save game converter I'll write one myself. I know you can't say for sure but you think it will happen this year?
I really don't want to start a new Game in Master Mode with the restrictions I put in. (No pause in fight, no fast travel, Pro HUD, no big map)

Thanks!

jmartos

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

I recently got a switch with version 1.0.0, I'm a little lost right now, I leave you a couple of questions:

1. What can I do with that?

I have seen that a custom firmware is being developed, I don't know if it is possible to compile and test it, I haven't found instructions on it.

2. Learning and development

I've always been interested in hacking on consoles, for lack of time and knowledge I've never done anything about it, where do you recommend me to start?

Thank you in advance!

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I recently got a switch with version 1.0.0, I'm a little lost right now, I leave you a couple of questions:

1. What can I do with that?

I have seen that a custom firmware is being developed, I don't know if it is possible to compile and test it, I haven't found instructions on it.

2. Learning and development

I've always been interested in hacking on consoles, for lack of time and knowledge I've never done anything about it, where do you recommend me to start?

Thank you in advance!

1. There is nothing available currently for end users on 1.0.0. The CFW is in development but it isn't functioning enough to be anything but a proof of concept at the moment, though development continues. The goal of the developer is save file editing for Pokemon Switch, so it will be highly likely it is functioning before that game's release, or at least its development will be heavily incentivised by it.

It is possible to update 1.0.0 to 3.0.0 for immediate homebrew access, at the cost of a longer wait until CFW comes to your firmware.

2. There are links in the OP. Look for "ReSwitched"

Reactions: jmartos

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at 4.1.0 and I have no games for the swtich. I want to wait for cfw so I need to get some games quick before 5.0 comes out. Should I get digitally or physically? What format is better for cfw? (Storage is not a issue here. I have plenty.)

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at 4.1.0 and I have no games for the swtich. I want to wait for cfw so I need to get some games quick before 5.0 comes out. Should I get digitally or physically? What format is better for cfw? (Storage is not a issue here. I have plenty.)
All firmwares will be hackable when TX releases mod chip so i wudn't worry, save money and spend it on TX product.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So with 5.0 out, Switch is not going to auto update, right? Is it gonna ask if i want to?
AFAIK the Switch will download updates but constantly ask you if you want to install them. You can delete downloaded updates by launching in recovery mode (power + volume up + volume down)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ph34r: