Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dizzy117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make the emuNAND first, like I said in this post:
If you did, and the emuNAND is a copy of your dirty sysNAND, you can just move the /Nintendo/ folder to the proper location, and you won't have to reinstall anything on the dirty emuNAND.

I did make the emuNAND first. And I have my backups saved on my PC, but I never ended up using them after following the "clean" sysNAND guide you posted. Though wish I saw your post about the Nintendo folder earlier as I have already redownloaded my purchased eshop game and pulled my save from nintendos cloud using the "clean" OFW.

So far so good. I can still play online and connect to the eshop fine using the OFW. As for CFW I ran into an issue where the new Atmosphere emuNAND I installed would not run any NSP I downloaded. Fixed it by replacing the CFW with Kosmos.

If I understand correctly my backup is a dirty emuNAND, my current sysNAND is "clean" and my current emuNAND is properly installed. So my next step should be backing making a backup of the new eMMC boot0/1 and raw?

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're asking me.
I'm asking u what should i do in next step?
It is what i have done so far:
1-MADE BACKUP AND ENABLED AUTO RCM
2-COPIED Kosmos Defaults FILES TO MY EXFAT SD CARD
3-SEND HEKATE PAYLOAD AND LAUNCH CFW BUT AFTER THAT SWITCH SCREEN GOES BLACK
So i'm asking kindly where is problem

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did make the emuNAND first. And I have my backups saved on my PC, but I never ended up using them after following the "clean" sysNAND guide you posted. Though wish I saw your post about the Nintendo folder earlier as I have already redownloaded my purchased eshop game and pulled my save from nintendos cloud using the "clean" OFW.

So far so good. I can still play online and connect to the eshop fine using the OFW. As for CFW I ran into an issue where the new Atmosphere emuNAND I installed would not run any NSP I downloaded. Fixed it by replacing the CFW with Kosmos.

If I understand correctly my backup is a dirty emuNAND, my current sysNAND is "clean" and my current emuNAND is properly installed. So my next step should be backing making a backup of the new eMMC boot0/1 and raw?
You can make a backup of your sysNAND and BOOT0/1 if you want a "clean" NAND backup, yes. However, it should be noted that what you have might not truly be clean, since logs on your sysNAND might contradict what Nintendo already has on file if you ever connected your sysNAND to the internet without 90DNS/Incognito.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm asking u what should i do in next step?
It is what i have done so far:
1-MADE BACKUP AND ENABLED AUTO RCM
2-COPIED Kosmos Defaults FILES TO MY EXFAT SD CARD
3-SEND HEKATE PAYLOAD AND LAUNCH CFW BUT AFTER THAT SWITCH SCREEN GOES BLACK
So i'm asking kindly where is problem
If you have an exFAT SD card but you didn't install the exFAT version of 8.1.0 in ChoiDujourNX (you never answered my question about that), then you need to either reformat your SD card as FAT32 or use a different SD card on FAT32 to run ChoiDujourNX and install the version of 8.1.0 with exFAT support.

Reactions: uvwl

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[MERGED said:
auto[/MERGED]

If you have an exFAT SD card but you didn't install the exFAT version of 8.1.0 in ChoiDujourNX (you never answered my question about that), then you need to either reformat your SD card as FAT32 or use a different SD card on FAT32 to run ChoiDujourNX and install the version of 8.1.0 with exFAT support.
Thanks for your help, as u said it was because of my sd card format
It is ok now

Maxwellkiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Lacius
Thank you for your answer, ive already created an emunand, but I choose the option to make the emunand with sd files, i did'nt use two partitions on the sd card
So if i understand correctly i should format my sd card and follow the tuto you gave me? And juste make a backup of the 'Nintendo' folder to keep my games saves?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius
Thank you for your answer, ive already created an emunand, but I choose the option to make the emunand with sd files, i did'nt use two partitions on the sd card
So if i understand correctly i should format my sd card and follow the tuto you gave me? And juste make a backup of the 'Nintendo' folder to keep my games saves?
Yes. If you don't do the partition method, it's going to be very slow. Backup the contents of your SD card and follow the guide.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you make the emuNAND first, like I said in this post:

If you did, and the emuNAND is a copy of your dirty sysNAND, you can just move the /Nintendo/ folder to the proper location, and you won't have to reinstall anything on the dirty emuNAND.

You must push fusee-primary or Hekate each time you want to want to boot into Atmosphere after powering off the system completely. It is recommended that you keep your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it so you only have to do this if you're doing something like removing the SD card.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to enter RCM, I suggest installing AutoRCM if you haven't done so already. If you're looking for a convenient way to push a payload like fusee-primary, I recommend using an Android phone or buying a cheap USB dongle. Alternatively, you could install a modchip that will automatically push something like Hekate each time you power on the system, but most people don't find it worth the effort.

You should follow this guide to create an emuNAND if you haven't done so already:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

If you haven't done so, reformat your SD card with SD Formatter. Also, put your Switch into airplane mode to disable the wireless connections. If the error persists, I imagine it is hardware related.

Put the update NSP onto your SD card and try installing the update NSP using DZ Tinfoil.
https://tinfoil.io/

If you're using hacks with this NAND, you shouldn't be connecting to the internet without blocking Nintendo's servers, which makes using the eShop impossible. Otherwise, you risk being banned.

Assuming your Switch is unpatched, you need to pick which exploit you prefer. Do you want to use the RCM exploit (fusee gelee), or do you want to use the warmboot browser exploit (Deja Vu)? That will determine whether or not you can update your sysNAND.

If your Switch is ipatched, you cannot update your sysNAND. If you were able to install AutoRCM successfully, then you're obviously not ipatched.

Pokemon NSP (and some others) are a bit temperamental with letters used to name.Renamed it to Poke.nsp and it was there

srebnicaprairie

Trophies
XP
Country
Sierra Leone
Real quick: Method of backup is hard or software based? ie. do i need to remain an install a chip after all the homebrewing is over?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i am totally new to the ps4 / switch gen console modding. I used to do a lot of modding back when the wii was out. I am at a total loss as to where to start. I just want to backup my precious games but dont know where to start or where and if there is a tutorial for absolute dummies like me.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello and thanks in advance for any help! I am wanting to get my Switch up to the latest (safe) version of FW so I can play the latest NSP’s (Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Cadence of Hyrule, Marvel 3, etc.).

I am currently on 7.1 with 1.1 of ReiNX.

1. Do I need to upgrade anything?
2. If so what and do you have any links to share with instructions?
3. Anything else major change in the last 6 months or so that I should be aware of? That is approximately the last time I updated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ssseth,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real quick: Method of backup is hard or software based? ie. do i need to remain an install a chip after all the homebrewing is over?
It can all be done with software.

If you haven't figured out how to enter CFW yet, you will need a jig of some sort to enter RCM the first time, if you choose the fusee gelee method.

Hello and thanks in advance for any help! I am wanting to get my Switch up to the latest (safe) version of FW so I can play the latest NSP’s (Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Cadence of Hyrule, Marvel 3, etc.).

I am currently on 7.1 with 1.1 of ReiNX.

1. Do I need to upgrade anything?
2. If so what and do you have any links to share with instructions?
3. Anything else major change in the last 6 months or so that I should be aware of? That is approximately the last time I updated.

Thanks!
ReiNX is compatible with 8.1.0. If you want to use ReiNX instead of Atmosphere, you should update ReiNX to the latest version and then update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX, assuming you don't care about playing online with legitimately purchased games.

Reactions: Ssseth

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my firmware from 5.1 to 8.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

On reboot I got a popup saying "A controller update is available. Update now?". Options are Later/Update.

Oh shit guys what do I do!?

Last edited by Yeabuddy,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my firmware from 5.1 to 8.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

On reboot I got a popup saying "A controller update is available. Update now?". Options are Later/Update.

Oh shit guys what do I do!?
Controller updates are safe, assuming the controller has not been physically modified.

Reactions: Yeabuddy

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I updated my controller. Then I also updated to 8.1.0.

I'm running into an issue with this guide: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-goldtree

On step 8 to install the driver via Zadig I get the error "The driver installation failed". I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.
When you select the Nintendo Switch (or libnx usb comms) in Zadig, what is the driver on the left side? Is it already libusbK (v3.0.7.0), or is it WinUSB?

Have you tried rebooting your Switch and rebooting your computer? Have you tried using a different USB port?

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you select the Nintendo Switch (or libnx usb comms) in Zadig, what is the driver on the left side? Is it already libusbK (v3.0.7.0), or is it WinUSB?

Have you tried rebooting your Switch and rebooting your computer? Have you tried using a different USB port?

I rebooted my computer, switch, and replaced the USB but I have the same issue. I believe it's that there is NONE listed on the left:

upload_2019-8-4_17-58-20.png

Edit: I also tried different USB ports as well but same issue.

Last edited by Yeabuddy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"