Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a unpatched switch off ebay, and am a bit overwhelmed by all the how-tos, and what not. It came with a RCM Loader OneB, which I think I have figured out how to use, but when trying to connect to Nut, I see that it says the USB is not connected(though it is), and Tinfoil brings up just a 4 choices in a text interface. Can someone point me to how-to for what I am missing?

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a unpatched switch off ebay, and am a bit overwhelmed by all the how-tos, and what not. It came with a RCM Loader OneB, which I think I have figured out how to use, but when trying to connect to Nut, I see that it says the USB is not connected(though it is), and Tinfoil brings up just a 4 choices in a text interface. Can someone point me to how-to for what I am missing?
I followed this with great success. Of course came back here in between/when needed..
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Edit: You can obviously skip the parts about checking RCM.

Last edited by Benja81,

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this with great success. Of course came back here in between/when needed..

Edit: You can obviously skip the parts about checking RCM.

Doesn't the RCM OneB Loader get me past 90% of that how-to? I will give it another shot, and try following that guide, and see.

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pegascape tells me there are no scripts compatible with my firmware, and I am lost. My google-fu doesn't seem to tell me what to do either.

brycat9001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(ik this is going to trigger many people, homebrew devs do not like ETAs) will patched model switches ever be able to run soft mod exploits the same way non-patched models can? and when (6 months? 2 years?)

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(ik this is going to trigger many people, homebrew devs do not like ETAs) will patched model switches ever be able to run soft mod exploits the same way non-patched models can? and when (6 months? 2 years?)

Getting a ETA on things like that is like asking for an exact time it will stop raining. No one truely knows, its all just best guess. Plus most if not all these devs have jobs, and things to do, so that makes a ETA even harder to guess. "Will s/he get 10 minutes to work on a hack tonight, or 6 hours?"

Jackrider53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get homebrew stuff to run properly, I got whatever latest release of atmosphere, and i used the payload hekate_ctcaer_5.1.1.bin I can boot into custom firmware go into the hombrew menu, but very few things work... i tried GZ doom, and doom 64 EX, Gz doom will ask for my iwad but then it crashes... Doom 64 ex just dosent work at all, goes right back to homebrew menu. The only thing i have gotten to work was snes for a bit. Some emulators will start up but the controls do not work, am i using the wrong files or something?? this is really frustrating

brycat9001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a ETA on things like that is like asking for an exact time it will stop raining. No one truely knows, its all just best guess. Plus most if not all these devs have jobs, and things to do, so that makes a ETA even harder to guess. "Will s/he get 10 minutes to work on a hack tonight, or 6 hours?"
true

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pegascape tells me there are no scripts compatible with my firmware, and I am lost. My google-fu doesn't seem to tell me what to do either.
Pegascape currently only supports firmware versions up to 4.1

I cant get homebrew stuff to run properly, I got whatever latest release of atmosphere, and i used the payload hekate_ctcaer_5.1.1.bin I can boot into custom firmware go into the hombrew menu, but very few things work... i tried GZ doom, and doom 64 EX, Gz doom will ask for my iwad but then it crashes... Doom 64 ex just dosent work at all, goes right back to homebrew menu. The only thing i have gotten to work was snes for a bit. Some emulators will start up but the controls do not work, am i using the wrong files or something?? this is really frustrating
Make sure you are launching homebrew via title override. This means that you are opening the homebrew menu via a game which you do by holding R when launching a game.

Jackrider53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pegascape currently only supports firmware versions up to 4.1

Make sure you are launching homebrew via title override. This means that you are opening the homebrew menu via a game which you do by holding R when launching a game.

Ok that worked for GZ doom, the certain emulators though the controls are still frozen and doom 64 ex just does nothing, getting a step further!

Reactions: Draxzelex

wajyi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got an unused, xaw1001, switch in version 2.2.0. It has no NNID, nothing installed, sd card is still in the box. I'm going to install Atmosphere, should I update it first and install something from eshop?

Last edited by wajyi,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an unused, xaw1001, switch in version 2.2.0. It has no NNID, nothing installed, sd card is still in the box. I'm going to install Atmosphere, should I update it first and install something from eshop?
What I’d recommend:
Before anything else, make a nand backup via hekate. Then (also via hekate) create an emummc, and use that for all your stuff.
Low firmware consoles aren’t super common and using a emummc for all your stuff would allow you to preserve your low firmware on your sysnand while still being able to modern firmware stuff on your emummc.

Also if you have some time, DM me, I’ve been looking for low fw users for something :P

Reactions: wajyi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend setting up Atmosphere although you do not install the CFW on the Switch. There is no way to actually install CFW.

AdamvsMaximvs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the state of cheats in Atmosphere or KOSMOS vs SX OS. A cursory glance shows me that SX OS has tons of gameshark-style cheats whereas with Edizon or checkpoint I can find a few options for stuff like BOTW or Mario Kart, but even then it's limited.

Am I missing obvious better alternatives for atmosphere? Or is it just that much better on SX OS? I like my JRPGs, but sometimes it's nice to cheat and just plow through some of them for story purposes.

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I let hekate create the emmc it divided my sd card right down the middle, is there an option to not do this, so I can have more space for games?

wajyi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I’d recommend:
Before anything else, make a nand backup via hekate. Then (also via hekate) create an emummc, and use that for all your stuff.
Low firmware consoles aren’t super common and using a emummc for all your stuff would allow you to preserve your low firmware on your sysnand while still being able to modern firmware stuff on your emummc.

Also if you have some time, DM me, I’ve been looking for low fw users for something :P

Thank you, I will. Made a NAND Backup and emummc. Is there any problem in updating ofw in emummc (using ChoiDujourNX and some ofw I found around)? I read somewhere - while trying to understand everything - about controller updates, should I try to keep then from updating?

Last edited by wajyi,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I will. Made a NAND Backup and emummc. Is there any problem in updating ofw in emummc (using ChoiDujourNX and some ofw I found around)? I read somewhere - while trying to understand everything - about controller updates, should I try to keep then from updating?
Updating in emummc via choi should be fine. Updating controllers is also fine and won’t cause issues, I update mine every time :P

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a clean, unpatched Switch with FW 9.0.1. I bought this second Switch used, to serve as my "legit" online Switch.
However, I haven't updated to the latest FW (9.1.0) yet, because I'm not clear on what I would be losing if I do.

Would someone mind telling me, what I would lose by updating from FW 9.0.1 to FW 9.1.0? Thanks in advance.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have a clean, unpatched Switch with FW 9.0.1. I bought this second Switch used, to serve as my "legit" online Switch.
However, I haven't updated to the latest FW (9.1.0) yet, because I'm not clear on what I would be losing if I do.

Would someone mind telling me, what I would lose by updating from FW 9.0.1 to FW 9.1.0? Thanks in advance.
Nothing. It's fine to update to 9.1.0. 9.1.0 is still hackable if your switch is unpatched.

Reactions: Smash Br0

crovean

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I setup a a working emunand on my the hidden partition of my sd card.
Everything worked fine for a few days and now I am unable to launch any games on my sd card in emunand on cfw(sx os)
launching nro's from the album works however, for example retroarch.

I tried:
-reformating sd and applying my backup emunand backup on it(the one that worked just fine days ago)
-copying a working emunand from another sd card, still not working
-ex fat as well as fat 32 format
-factory reset of the clean sys nand

I am lost.

Is the sd card broken?

It works with a smaller sd card I own just fine.

Am I missing something here?
Also what caused this behaviour?

Last edited by crovean,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cutter
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cutter