Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am reading Tutorial after tutorial but its sad that there is no pinned ultimate tutorial for everybody.
Question. If i pirated a game and want to play with it online it will get me probably banned right ?
I habe a old switch now and i just want to flash it so that i can download games and play them. No hacking or cheating ?
Do i get it right that the best way would be to play with sysnand online and with emunad offline my downlaoded games or can i play online on emunand ?
Honestly most online Switch guides don't cover everything so I'm kind of not surprised there isn't one on here. Anyways, running any sort of CFW or homebrew can get you banned. It doesn't matter if you go online with sysMMC or emuMMC but whichever one you go online with cannot be running any CFW or homebrew. All of this information can be obtained from the pinned banning thread.

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Its been well known that factory resets don't prevent bans. People have even been banned after performing one so without a clean eMMC backup, you are out of luck
  2. You are overthinking it. In order to install it on sysMMC, you just launch CFW on sysMMC then install it from there. There is no other way to do it
So I backed emmc boot 0&1 and raw while had a dirty emunand but clean stock. Which means I got a clean stock right? Even tho the emunand was crawling with dirty nsps

Last edited by Gimlionroad,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I backed emmc boot 0&1 and raw while had a dirty emunand but clean stock. Which means I got a clean stock right? Even tho the emunand was crawling with dirty nsps
Well if you made a backup of your clean sysMMC then yes. But if you made a backup of your dirty emuMMC then no. Its hard to verify that information after the fact because emuMMC and sysMMC are technically the same.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If i pirated a game and want to play with it online it will get me probably banned right ?
Correct.

No hacking or cheating ?
But you must hack the console to play pirated games.

Do i get it right that the best way would be to play with sysnand online and with emunad offline my downlaoded games or can i play online on emunand ?
sysMMC is for online, and emuMMC is for all your hackery stuff. Use this guide for set up an emuMMC.

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh ok thanks you helped me a lot. So the best would be my New SD-Card will get like 100gb for the emummc und 100 gb for the sysmmc ?

I've seen now that games either have a nsp file or a xci file . Which one should i get ? Whats the difference. Please tell me if the is anything else i have to look out for. Tuesday my sd card arrives and then i'll flash. Or could i flash today on a 64 gb card and then move the stuff over ?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My (launch) Switch has laid dormant for a while. I was running ReiNX with firmware "updated" via Choi to ~5 or 6. The real firmware/fuses are 2.something. I plan to start playing it again soon. I have two questions:

Is there anything substantial I would sacrifice by updating, should I continue to try to preserve the 2.x firmware/fuses?

Is there any special concern I should know about doing such a large update, that's not mentioned in the FAQ/guides? Presumably the update would be to current Atmosphere and a near-current firmware.

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The sysMMC is the internal storage from the console. The emuMMC is on your card. And both are only 32gb big. Not 100.

And where are the games installed then ?
Is it then SysMMC and emuMMC or ist it SysMMc for keeping lower firmware , emuMMC for pirated games offline and another emuMMC for my original games to play online ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My (launch) Switch has laid dormant for a while. I was running ReiNX with firmware "updated" via Choi to ~5 or 6. The real firmware/fuses are 2.something. I plan to start playing it again soon. I have two questions:

Is there anything substantial I would sacrifice by updating, should I continue to try to preserve the 2.x firmware/fuses?

Is there any special concern I should know about doing such a large update, that's not mentioned in the FAQ/guides? Presumably the update would be to current Atmosphere and a near-current firmware.
You don't lose much if you update especially if you preserve the anti-downgrade fuses. There were updates to the cartridge slot on higher firmware versions that are also irreversible but those are important to keep under the assumption that there will be an exploit in the future that utilizes a cartridge.

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you made a backup of your clean sysMMC then yes. But if you made a backup of your dirty emuMMC then no. Its hard to verify that information after the fact because emuMMC and sysMMC are technically the same.
Well after I have downloaded nsps to atmosphere and some other CFWs to it I saw that I should eMMC from hekate. So I have done the eMMC back up from hekate after I have installed nsp games and custom files to the emuMMC. Would that result in dirty stock backup?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after I have downloaded nsps to atmosphere and some other CFWs to it I saw that I should eMMC from hekate. So I have done the eMMC back up from hekate after I have installed nsp games and custom files to the emuMMC. Would that result in dirty stock backup?
Yes and you cannot make a clean eMMC backup after the fact.

Reactions: Gimlionroad

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having one of the weirdest issues, Was playing Xenoblade DE, and wanted to shorten the grind I was doing a bit by getting a xp modifier cheat, so I downloaded the tesla overlays for edizon, then used the All In one updater homebrew to download the cheats files, however after I had done that Xenoblade DE refuses to run, it will crash with the software closed because an error occurred error if I try and run it, thought it was the tesla stuff so removed those and rebooted, no dice, thought perhaps me going into edizon manually when the game was running previously perhaps corrupted the game so reinstalled it, no dice, however I noticed if I used the all in one app to delete the cheats file the game suddenly will run again, no idea why just the cheats file itself is breaking things anyone know?

Paranoidsteak

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Please help!

My atmosphere autoRCM switch, I changed it to stock - sysnand and to update my firmware to get ready for monster hunter rise (legit).

Now I'm trying to switch it back to CFW - Emmu, but when I turn the console off it still restarts back into normal sysnand. How do I get back to the hekate launch screen?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help!

My atmosphere autoRCM switch, I changed it to stock - sysnand and to update my firmware to get ready for monster hunter rise (legit).

Now I'm trying to switch it back to CFW - Emmu, but when I turn the console off it still restarts back into normal sysnand. How do I get back to the hekate launch screen?
When you update your FW it will disable the autoRCM. You must enable RCM mode by using a jig in right joycan slot, holding down volume + and press power button, then plug usb to pc or injector, and push the hekate payload, then once in the hekate menu you can change the autoRCM back to on. Good luck and have fun!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know when I last updated from Stock OFW with Nintendy, when I rebooted it, autoRCM was turned off, so had to go into hekate and re-enable it...idk just my experience with it. I did update it normally though, not through Atmosphere/Daybreak.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. Atmosphere has autorcm protection ;)
This "issue" with a fixed autorcm were already fixed in the past
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPira...l_an_ota_firmware_on_my_ofw_turn_off_autorcm/

Not a big deal tho, I don't care about burning fuses, and is easy to re-enable it in hekate menu.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: