Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo are tricky. Embedded within firmware updates are a list of all available updates for games so as you update your firmware, you also update this list. So even if you're offline, the Switch will know if there is an update available for your game.
I did block ninty communications, there's just nothing I can do about that?
It is because you didn't block communication with Nintendo server.
I did. I'm using Exosphere, and have the blocked nintendo servers in the default.txt files. I've used DNS checkers, tried accessing the Eshop to make sure. Blanked IDs and such.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi everyone,
Sorry if I am off topic but I came accross an error message yesterday and couldn't figure it out.
The error code is 2618-0006. It occured when I tried to play Ultra street fighter 2 on local wireless with my brother. I have to mention that we both have a V1 switch with emunand and using the same version of the game. When I checked nintendo's support page, I found that this code is showed when we try to play with the same copy of the game on 2 different systems. I went on to "obtain" another copy as I have a US version so I downloaded a EU and JP version to try and isntall one of them as it should be detected as 2 different versions.
What happened is after deleting the current version and installing both other versions, it is still occuring. First telling me I can't join lobby, then error message popping up.
I was on firmware 14 so I updated Atmosphere and FW to the latest using All In One. Still the same issue. This is happening only with street fighter, with other games, everything works normally.
Any suggestions on what more should I do/try to be able to play again? Is this issue happeneing to you as well? Is it related to the game itself or to a setup on our systems? I should mention that ldn_mitm is of course deactivated when trying to play local wireless.

Thank you in advance for your help and again, sorry if off topic.
Excuse me for this reminder, no spam intended.
Does anyone have an idea that can help solve this issue?

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
2618-0006 refers to unable to join online match, disconnect from wifi if you are trying to play local match.
I tried the offline option. It is not only that, accordint to big N website. It is due to the fact we are using the same version of the game. It is still occuring even with other versions (european and even japanese).
Even when we try to play online with ldn_mitm it is happening. We had to meet and try local wireless to check if it was from the lan play server or from our side. I still can't find a way to make it work!
Screenshot 2022-11-08 162627.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the offline option. It is not only that, accordint to big N website. It is due to the fact we are using the same version of the game. It is still occuring even with other versions (european and even japanese).
Even when we try to play online with ldn_mitm it is happening. We had to meet and try local wireless to check if it was from the lan play server or from our side. I still can't find a way to make it work!
View attachment 336312

You should be able to play locally, if you guys were next to each other, I don't use ldn-mitm so someone more knowledge with that can help you with it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 336312
wondering out loud if this has anything to do with how ”backups” use Sigpatches to bypass some of the signing and thus everyone of us would look like we all own the “same version”. I don’t know enough of the low level details on this to speak at anything but a hand-wavy high level on this.

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random question, but I noticed that Atmosphere 1.4.0 states it supports 15.0.0, and hekate 5.9.0 says it supports 15.0.1. Since Atmosphere doesn't specifically mention 15.0.1, I should not update my OFW to 15.0.1 yet correct? I should wait for Atmosphere to put out a release that supports it? Or does the fact that it supports 15.0.0 mean it supports 15.x.x?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random question, but I noticed that Atmosphere 1.4.0 states it supports 15.0.0, and hekate 5.9.0 says it supports 15.0.1. Since Atmosphere doesn't specifically mention 15.0.1, I should not update my OFW to 15.0.1 yet correct? I should wait for Atmosphere to put out a release that supports it? Or does the fact that it supports 15.0.0 mean it supports 15.x.x?

Atmosphere 1.4.0 work with firmware 15.0.1

Reactions: binkinator

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
wondering out loud if this has anything to do with how ”backups” use Sigpatches to bypass some of the signing and thus everyone of us would look like we all own the “same version”. I don’t know enough of the low level details on this to speak at anything but a hand-wavy high level on this.
quite interesting. Any idea if this would affect all games at once or just one game randomly? I should mention that during the process I updated the firmware and by consequence the sigpatches. Wouldn't an update fix such an issue usually?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for helping me out it has an E

Might be harder for you to move to a larger card if you have a hidden partition emunand, probably be easier if you set up a new emunand on the new SD and reinstall your games and move your save over, you could also try cloning the SD, and then resizing the card.

Reactions: manaconda

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be harder for you to move to a larger card if you have a hidden partition emunand, probably be easier if you set up a new emunand on the new SD and reinstall your games and move your save over, you could also try cloning the SD, and then resizing the card.
This might help as well…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Using original SDCard:
Copy Hidden Partition Emunand to Files based Emunand (to directory on my PC)

Using new SDCard:
Partition new SDCard using built in Hekate tools
Copy Files based Emunand (on PC from step above) to Hidden Partition Emunand on new card.
Run “Fix Emunand” in Hekate to automatically fix the emummc.ini file.

Copy FAT32 portion from Original to Target SDCard…reboot on new sdcard.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might help as well…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Using original SDCard:
Copy Hidden Partition Emunand to Files based Emunand (to directory on my PC)

Using new SDCard:
Partition new SDCard using built in Hekate tools
Copy Files based Emunand (on PC from step above) to Hidden Partition Emunand on new card.
Run “Fix Emunand” in Hekate to automatically fix the emummc.ini file.

Copy FAT32 portion from Original to Target SDCard…reboot on new sdcard.

That would also work for him, did that the other day with 2x hidden partition emunand setup

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quite interesting. Any idea if this would affect all games at once or just one game randomly? I should mention that during the process I updated the firmware and by consequence the sigpatches. Wouldn't an update fix such an issue usually?
If they check for it, it could. again, just trying to think of things it could be. I have no science to back it up. When I mention the Sigpatches I’m taking about the general process whereby we are bypassing all that ish which likely removes the uniqueness of each game so it looks like we all shop at the same store and bought the same game. If this game is picky about that and others aren‘t, I can see how it might be the case that some games work because they don’t check.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone. I use Duckstation for emulation of PS1 games. But I always use it on portable. Now, I wanted to use it on the dock but the picture is gigantic on TV. I remember someone saying there was an option on settings for this, but I forgot wich one was it and can't find that thread anymore. What is the setting and is a one-time setting or must I do it every time I change from portable to TV?

If someone please could help me, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I use Duckstation for emulation of PS1 games. But I always use it on portable. Now, I wanted to use it on the dock but the picture is gigantic on TV. I remember someone saying there was an option on settings for this, but I forgot wich one was it and can't find that thread anymore. What is the setting and is a one-time setting or must I do it every time I change from portable to TV?

If someone please could help me, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Varying screen resolutions seem to be a common issue with PS1 emulators.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-are-best-ps1-emulators-for-switch.616484/#post-9899679

At least you’re not alone?

E: Their discord is expired and the last release was in July. not sure what to make of the rumors about duckstation.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol