Israel

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m confused by your confusion.

The guy claims he swapped serials and returned it as defective this makes perfect sense.

many retailers sometimes Walmart included put the serial number on the receipt/invoice also the same serial numbers on the box and console.

so the reason someone would return a dead one as defective and swap the back is because they aren’t using the OG box they’re using the box the new one came in.
so bare minimum the unit needs to match the box and probably also needs to match a corresponding serial number on the receipt/invoice.

not that I’m advocating for it #DoNotCrime

but I do understand wanting to rip off giant multinational conglomerate that rip us off constantly knowing that ultimately they have budgets for shrinkage and will eventually return it back to the manufacturer and fundamentally none of us would need to bother with mod chips if Nintendo gave us access to our own hardware As they morally should.

so when you get right down to it it’s technically Nintendo‘s fault As well as his that his console got broken while attempting to let him gain access to it via the modchip, if Nintendo truly doesn’t like that a small minority will bend the rules to use modchips all they need to do is comply and give us the access that we rightfully paid for when we bought the hardware .
There was no reason for him to swap the serial numbers and return it as defective when he could have just returned the original one as defective. How is this confusing?

People using mod chips is what it is, but if you break your console trying to install one yourself that's not the manufacturers fault. That's your own fault. Then again I successfully modded my oled without issue so whatever.

This used to be a huge thing for people to do way back in the ps2/Xbox days with broken consoles and they'd swap the cases and return as a repeat gift, it would then go back on the shelf for an unsuspecting consumer to purchase.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There was no reason for him to swap the serial numbers and return it as defective when he could have just returned the original one as defective. How is this confusing?

People using mod chips is what it is, but if you break your console trying to install one yourself that's not the manufacturers fault. That's your own fault. Then again I successfully modded my oled without issue so whatever.

This used to be a huge thing for people to do way back in the ps2/Xbox days with broken consoles and they'd swap the cases and return as a repeat gift, it would then go back on the shelf for an unsuspecting consumer to purchase.
Depends when the original was bought, if he broke it the day after buying it or something like that then sure he could’ve returned the original rather than buying a replacement And replacing the dead one as the if it was the new one, but I’m assuming based on the OPs on post the one he broke is older than 15 to 30 days (The typical return. For electronics at most stores)

but assuming the dead one was older than its return Period (which is very likely because the switch OLED has been out since early October) then he was required to swap the serial number to ensure that he would get away with the return. (for reasoning see above)

Typically things aren’t returned as repeat gift when you’re trying to do return fraud.
The main reason there’s more scrutiny, it’s easier to say that it’s defective, There’s less likelihood anyone will want to test features Etc.
year-round defective returns are more common, the only time there’s a major uptick in “repeat gift“ excuse is November to January and that’s because of holiday return Periods at most retailers Being more lax ( it’s really the rental Period For the unscrupulous.)
and while I have seen returns at my various jobs over the years that were falsely returned during the holiday return period it’s hard to say what percentage it would be because there are plenty of legit gift returns but once again that’s not the real point because usually once again people return claiming it’s defective More often than not.
it’s also Arguably the more moral option because you know you’re not gonna be screwing over anyone else. (for reasoning see above)

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi. I might purcase an original SXOS for my OLED. What would be the cables to use with the original SXOS core? I mean the ribbons and DAT0 ribbon too.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I might purcase an original SXOS for my OLED. What would be the cables to use with the original SXOS core? I mean the ribbons and DAT0 ribbon too.

I hope you meant SX Lite. I have installed a few sx core, never a good experience.

Why not just do the regular OLED ones, I have done 30+ of those one already and pretty reliable

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Why buy an original chip, just get the oled specific one

Because I could get this one for like 100$. Way cheaper

I succefully instaled on my switch, but i have a hard work to put her to operate correctly with the console

What is it so hard about it?

I hope you meant SX Lite. I have installed a few sx core, never a good experience.

Why not just do the regular OLED ones, I have done 30+ of those one already and pretty reliable

I meant this one:
IMG_3373.jpg

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because I could get this one for like 100$. Way cheaper

What is it so hard about it?

I meant this one:
IMG_3373.jpg
Does it looks like there is solder mask on it already? If it is the original SX core. You could try it without the resistor trick first

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So what exactly is the problem with those SX core on OLED, when you rule out the physical fitting?
And what is the resistor trick supposed to do?

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
10 to 50 ohm resistor on dat0 line. I would try 10 first

I'm not aware of that. I intend to use that gold ribbon to avoid to solder wires underneath the chip. I don't have everything I need to do remove and solder back the DAT0 line chip. So, what are we talking about here?

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dat0 line for the sxcore has small issue (with initialize the emmc). A resistor might do the trick (as long as it is between the dat0 and the modchip)

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The dat0 line for the sxcore has small issue (with initialize the emmc). A resistor might do the trick (as long as it is between the dat0 and the modchip)
A timing or voltage issue?

What about the SX core with OLED? What is the reason to avoid?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1