Hacking Switch on Firmware 1.0 hack question

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently was able to obtain a new switch that has firmware 1.0.0. Original launch system. I've been doing a lot of research on installing homebrew on it, but it seems that you need to update to 3.0.0. Is it worth updating if that's the only way to get homebrew going? or is there a way to get homebrew going on 1.0?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want userland homebrew right now, you can use certain game cartridges to update to 3.0.0. However, updating to 3.0.0 is not worth the trouble and is definitely not recommended. Once the custom firmware Atmosphere-NX is completed, it will be released for 1.0.0 first. On 1.0.0, however, it will likely require a Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Much later, Atmosphere-NX will be released for 2.0.0-3.0.0. On these versions, a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris will not be required.

Much longer after that, Atmosphere-NX will be released for 3.0.1-4.1.0.

There are no confirmed exploits for 5.0.0, so it is unknown if Atmosphere-NX will ever be released for 5.0.0.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: cagerhager

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it still today that the first will come to 1.0.0

i have the same question, just preorder Xecuter SX and mi console is still on 1.0 (because they told that was the best FW) now i have up to play with my old copy of mario.
i think that all FW are same!
ps sorry for bad english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what's 401k?