Hacking COMPLETED Switch parental controls master key generator (Only FW 3.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 86,710
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 23

TetiRR

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same problem and the best way for me was nintendo support, you just need a nintendo account, then go to the section parental control and click in forgot parental control pin, it took me 10 minutes and I got my masterkey, easy and fast

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had the same problem and the best way for me was nintendo support, you just need a nintendo account, then go to the section parental control and click in forgot parental control pin, it took me 10 minutes and I got my masterkey, easy and fast
Except this doesn't work for banned Nintendo Switches. And that's what this is about.

Reactions: mathew77 and TetiRR

Beans__

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you could do instead of trying to hack your switch to figure out the device id is to try unlocking the pin six times. Once you do that click on the help button and scroll down to where you see the inquiry number and serial number. Keep the page open as you go on your phone or computer and type in the website Nintendo has on the bottom of the screen. Now they do have a thing where you pay 50 cents but you can also do this for free. Go to support and chat with an agent about the parental controls. Say something on the lines that you bought a used switch with them on and you haven't been able to unlock the switch. They will ask if the parental controls is being used with an app, and if it is say yes but you don't have access to it. They will give you the master key to change the pin and then from there you can delete the parental controls.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Need it for 16.0.0, doesn't work for now

You will have to wait...forever

What is the deal with v4 (Switch 8.0.0+)?​

Nintendo has changed the algorithm to require a unique device ID that is stored on the console that can be difficult to obtain without exploiting the console in some way.
The device ID can be derived from fuses or obtained from PRODINFO on the Switch.
This limits the practical usage of the generator on these firmwares, as if one is able to obtain the device ID there are likely other ways to disable parental controls.
There is currently no known way to derive/obtain the device ID through trivial/visible methods.

You have to exploit your Switch to retrieve the deviceID...And if you exploit it, you don't ever need this, because you can fully reset parental controls with some magical homebrew

Reactions: ca032769

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM