Hacking Switch seemingly bricked after attempting to upgrade firmware to 16.0.2

N3M29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone. Massive noob to the scene here,

I have recently updated my atmosphere, hekate and nyx to their latest versions (1.5.2, 6.0.3 and 1.5.3 respectively.) I also downloaded the latest switch firmware (16.0.2). I launched fusee.bin and went onto daybreak in order to upgrade my firmware. After a seemingly successful update, I rebooted and was met with a fatal error screen with the code 2001-0123. I tried to reboot but was stuck in a crash loop, and I couldn't inject a payload to go back into hekate. I have since turned the console off by holding the power button and it will not turn on again. I would greatly appreciate any help in attempting to get my switch to work again.

Thank you

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Massive noob to the scene here,

I have recently updated my atmosphere, hekate and nyx to their latest versions (1.5.2, 6.0.3 and 1.5.3 respectively.) I also downloaded the latest switch firmware (16.0.2). I launched fusee.bin and went onto daybreak in order to upgrade my firmware. After a seemingly successful update, I rebooted and was met with a fatal error screen with the code 2001-0123. I tried to reboot but was stuck in a crash loop, and I couldn't inject a payload to go back into hekate. I have since turned the console off by holding the power button and it will not turn on again. I would greatly appreciate any help in attempting to get my switch to work again.

Thank you
Show a screenshot of the error. We need the other information from the error screen that you did not already share.

N3M29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Show a screenshot of the error. We need the other information from the error screen that you did not already share.

Attachments

• PXL_20230502_073439993.jpg
    PXL_20230502_073439993.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 76

N3M29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Backup and remove the SD:/ATMOSPHERE/CONTENTS folder you have an old sysmodule it a theme installed
Done. Shall I try to enter fusee.bin/emmuMMC now?
Post automatically merged:

Backup and remove the SD:/ATMOSPHERE/CONTENTS folder you have an old sysmodule it a theme installed
Success! I can access fusee.bin fine now, with the latest firmware! If you may choose to enlighten me, can you explain how this sysmodule problem occured?

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by N3M29,
Reactions: WicCaesar

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Success! I can access fusee.bin fine now, with the latest firmware! If you may choose to enlighten me, can you explain how this sysmodule problem occured?

Thank you for the help!

Sysmodules often need to be changed and / or recompiled for newer firmware Versions. You probably have one ore more that's just not compatible with firmware 16.0.2! I'd recommend to update your sysmodules and read their changelogs. Hopefully most, if not all of the ones you are using, have been updated for 16.X already. Good luck!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for the help!
The sysmod is Tesla. You have to make sure you are using the latest nx-ovlloader. https://github.com/WerWolv/nx-ovlloader/releases/tag/v1.0.6

On top of that, you need to make sure you're using a new version of tesla menu

Tesla-Menu with dock workaround (not the libnx fix): https://github.com/WerWolv/libtesla/files/11126965/ovlmenu.zip

Then you need to update the REST of your Tesla overlays to working versions for firmware 16.x.x and possibly preliminary docked support.

Edizon: https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay/releases/download/v1.0.5/EdiZon-Overlay.zip

I don't know which you use. All can be found by looking around.

Reactions: WicCaesar

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Thank you for the help!
As recently told, the module which is crashing is Tesla, when you update your Atmosphére (not matter if is because a new firmware or only a new version released) you need to update your sigpatches and look if all the homebrew need be updated too. on the case of Tesla and the OVLs all they needed new versions because a new library was released for Firmware 16.x.x support.

You can go to https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/post-10121629 and download the latest versions of Tesla, OVLMenu and the Overlays you use and update your SD Card.

More information abot sysmodules on https://rentry.org/switchHackingIsEasy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol +1