Hardware Switch super underpowered according to Respawn Entertainment

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We don't even know yet that it isn't Pascal in Switch. And Pascal is basically just 16nm Maxwell anyway. The difference isn't as huge as you're making it out to be. XB1/PS4 are going to be supported as long as Pro/Scorpio are, so it doesn't really matter that you think those consoles are "outdated." Consoles are always outdated hardware-wise compared to PCs, so that's a moot point.
Believe me, it def ain't pascal. Splatoon 2 docked 720p no anti aliasing

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Believe me, it def ain't pascal. Splatoon 2 docked 720p no anti aliasing
Splatoon 2 is still like half a year from release. Zelda 900p@30 is a good indicator of what it can handle for taxing open world games, and that's the same resolution/framerate that XB1 often uses. It could be Pascal or Maxwell if they're getting near-XB1 power out of a portable/hybrid.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Splatoon 2 is still like half a year from release. Zelda 900p@30 is a good indicator of what it can handle for taxing open world games, and that's the same resolution/framerate that XB1 often uses. It could be Pascal or Maxwell if they're getting near-XB1 power out of a portable/hybrid.
Zelda def ain't the same as games like the witcher or GTA. Open world doesn't mean equal the power of a xbox one or ps4 because you even had open world games on the PS2 ! So to your reasoning that makes the PS2 super powerful this day and age ?

Reactions: DrkBeam

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Dont forget that it is a port from Wii U that they just started to port 1 year ago, it probably has some specific limitations built-in on the engine of the game (since it is being ported from a much weaker console with an acient architecture).

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Zelda def ain't the same as games like the witcher or GTA. Open world doesn't mean equal the power of a xbox one or ps4 because you even had open world games on the PS2 ! So to your reasoning that makes the PS2 super powerful this day and age ?
It's getting Skyrim SE, and XB1 hits 1080p@30 at best in that. A system like Switch is only possible in 2017.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Zelda has something that the witcher does not has, interactivity and verticality, you can't play with the physics of the game on the witcher (like spread fire or climb terrain).

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's getting Skyrim SE, and XB1 hits 1080p@30 at best in that. A system like Switch is only possible in 2017.
It's getting Skyrim yeah. That also ran just fine on the xbox 360 so your point is ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Zelda has something that the witcher does not has, interactivity and verticality, you can't play with the physics of the game on the witcher (like spread fire or climb terrain).
Like i said, enough games previous gen that did the same so that doesn't mean power in any way. Physics in the Witcher are a bit more advanced tho ;)

Reactions: DrkBeam

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It did run great on the Xbox 360 but didn't on the PS3 hence why i said xbox 360
It looked like garbage compared to PC and newer consoles, because of course it did. Switch is running Skyrim SE, which is more taxing graphically and has only come to XB1/PS4.

The bottom line is that Nintendo had us playing at less than 240p on 3DS XL and a lot of people were fine with that (it sold way more units than Wii U). Hard to complain now about 720p - 1080p, or in other words, a system that's more powerful than Wii U probably even as a portable.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It looked like garbage compared to PC and newer consoles, because of course it did. Switch is running Skyrim SE, which is more taxing graphically and has only come to XB1/PS4.

The bottom line is that Nintendo had us playing at less than 240p on 3DS XL and a lot of people were fine with that (it sold way more units than Wii U). Hard to complain now about 720p - 1080p, or in other words, a system that's more powerful than Wii U probably even as a portable.
No Swich ain't running the SE edition. Never did bethesda claim anywhere it's Skryim SE !!! If it would be that version then believe Bethesda would def let everybody know !!! Where do you even get that it's Skyrim SE ??? I can't find a single conformation it is

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There's a very interesting video regarding the Foxconn leak for those that are interested:

If this ends up being true, then the games that are developing right now are being developed on the old Maxwell devkits, so we'll have to wait and see after the console is released.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,
Reactions: chartube12

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No Swich ain't running the SE edition. Never did bethesda claim anywhere it's Skryim SE !!! If it would be that version then believe Bethesda would def let everybody know !!! Where do you even get that it's Skyrim SE ??? I can't find a single conformation it is
It was confirmed visually via the reveal trailer. Was largely assumed it would be Skyrim SE up until then, as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/A7cRG

32 GB in 2017 LMFAO.

Nintendo had always underpowered consoles (Not sure about the GameCube)
But jeez, the switch is under-under-underpowered.
HDD size = power now? Shit, my PC should be able to 3D print me a jetpack by now then.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: digipimp75

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
32 GB in 2017 LMFAO.

Nintendo had always underpowered consoles (Not sure about the GameCube)
But jeez, the switch is under-under-underpowered.

Take in mind that Unlike the xbox/ps4, the switch won't need to install the games from a Blu ray disk because it'll use cartdriges with the full game stored on them.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was confirmed visually via the reveal trailer. Was largely assumed it would be Skyrim SE up until then, as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/A7cRG

HDD size = power now? Shit, my PC should be able to 3D print me a jetpack by now then.
No it isn't confirmed. Like i said, if it would be that version then Bethesda would proudly anounce being that version. Comparisons don't mean shit especially trailers and screenshots wich are Always visually more impressive then running on the actual hardware

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No it isn't confirmed. Like i said, if it would be that version then Bethesda would proudly anounce being that version. Comparisons don't mean shit
I'm sorry, but your opinion doesn't mean shit unless you have something to back it. Switch is built for newer APIs and engines, so it'd make zero sense to port over the older version of the game which would be less optimized for this hardware.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yet you've been comparing Switch to XB1 & PS4 basically this entire thread, nice contradiction there mate.
Where am i contradicting myself because i don't see me stating differently

I'm sorry, but your opinion doesn't mean shit unless you have something to back it. Switch is built for newer APIs and engines, so it'd make zero sense to port over the older version of the game which would be less optimized for this hardware.
BTW did you know that footage was a montage ? It wasn't actually run on the switch but was a trailer made in collab with Nintendo wich they stated themselves was a montage. They never stated anywhere it was footage from the Switch itself but people assume it is because of fanboyism reasons i guess.

Last edited by kumikochan,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Where am i contradicting myself because i don't see me stating differently

BTW did you know that footage was a montage ? It wasn't actually run on the switch but was a trailer made in collab with Nintendo wich they stated themselves was a montage

That screenshot is from the conference, not from the first trailer which indeed, was a montage.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme