• Start date
  • Views 9,742
  • Replies 95

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
.xcis are still easier to run/install/mantain/preserve no matter what we all say and it will/would be easier to find them than .nsps in the future (scene releases are easier to find in general), this is a FACT..... and instructions? Its all on the official TX site (not tens or hundreads of threads), hell you just need to google: "switch hack flashcard" or something like that..... yeah, even if its not a flashcard, the link to the official TX site will be on the first google page anyway, proofs on youube and so on.

BTW for others solutions aka dongles, we need to wait..... so, lost argument.

Im not protecting TXs and its solution in any way, I dont own anything from them (im for free stuff), I just cant deny the fact that hacking a Switch with TXs solution is still a bit easier than relying on the free solutions (atleast in this stage) and looking at bunch of Gbatemp threads to find out what to do first, what next and what not to do. Ofcourse if you are following the Switch scene from the very beginning there would be zero problems but for newcomers out there..... well, I think setting up TX SX OS and especially TX Pro is easier.

EDIT: BTW most SX OS/SX Pro owners dont watch this thread and dont waste their precious time and actually dont need to do it actually and there is a reason why.......... "free solution supporters" are mostly in this thread like myself.

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
.xcis are still easier to run/install/mantain/preserve no matter what we all say and it will/would be easier to find them than .nsps in the future (scene releases are easier to find in general), this is a FACT..... and instructions? Its all on the official TX site (not tens or hundreads of threads), hell you just need to google: "switch hack flashcard" or something like that..... yeah, even if its not a flashcard, the link to the official TX site will be on the first google page anyway, proofs on youube and so on.

BTW for others solutions aka dongles, we need to wait..... so, lost argument.

Im not protecting TXs and its solution in any way, I dont own anything from them (im for free stuff), I just cant deny the fact that hacking a Switch with TXs solution is still a bit easier than relying on the free solutions (atleast in this stage) and looking at bunch of Gbatemp threads to find out what to do first, what next and what not to do. Ofcourse if you are following the Switch scene from the very beginning there would be zero problems but for newcomers out there..... well, I think setting up TX SX OS and especially TX Pro is easier.
Always opening menu, selecting game, loading the game (while making sure that no cartridge is inserted) and after that launching it, is better than installing NSP once and then just clicking on it on the home menu?
With infinite access to all NSPs, XCIs will be easier to find in the future?
And just because you don't know where to search does not make it harder.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always opening menu, selecting game, loading the game (while making sure that no cartridge is inserted) and after that launching it, is better than installing NSP once and then just clicking on it on the home menu?
With infinite access to all NSPs, XCIs will be easier to find in the future?
And just because you don't know where to search does not make it harder.
As much as I like my .cias on 3DS...... I still hate the slow transfer rate and install time.

Did you heard the news? Sony will shut its server for PS3 and Nintendo for 3DS soon...... where would you find your .cias and .pkgs? Scene releases are the one which are preserved by some groups, people and one of the reasons why is because sceners actually test their sh** and they provide the hashes for said roms, where are the legit hashes for .cias/.nsps? You cand find them.... you remember those malware .vpks for Vita?

Im not saying .nsps/.cias are bad..... im just saying every format or solution has its own advantages and disadvantages, thats all.

Alexgamer415

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am not a smart man, I figured I may as well throw my two cents in. I got the SX Pro mostly for how convenient it is (and how lazy I am), and partly due to ignorance of individuals like tomGER who put together nice packages of files that remove the hunt for everything you may need. To someone new to the scene, it can be very confusing to find what you all need to get started with Switch homebrew / 'backups'.

The SX Pro comes with a dongle that means that outside of the first time you set SX OS up and any updates you may choose to download (Which in my case will be none for a long time, since I play purely in Airplane mode and am currently on 5.1.0). If I ever travel or my switch shuts off somehow, I can just plug the dongle and RCM jig, do my little ritual to satan button combo and POOF, I'm good to go again. I know that there are other dongle solutions out there, and even with the SX Pro you're able to launch other payloads, but again

I fully admit that I don't know the particulars of how much of SX OS is stolen from the community's open source files (most, if not all it seems from what I've read). What I do know is that when I want to play this with my Niece or if she wants to play it on her own, this is a very simple solution. The price point is also very reasonable when you compare it to Flashcarts from the DS/3DS era, which ranged from anywhere between $25 - $80 depending on the brand/supply/quality.

Everyone stating that TX are being dicks for not crediting the individuals who made their work possible are completely correct, but unfortunately that's what happens when you make something open source. Someone will inevitably think of a way to make money off it, and at least TX are updating their product as the community updates. That's better than can be said for many of the prior companies who did this same kind of thing. What TX are doing is nothing new, it's been repeated time and time again over the years. Does that excuse their behavior and business practices? No. But is is a reason why people are using their product.

I do honestly hope that people start to go the way of the people who are actually creating the content and supporting their hard work, because they fully deserve the credit and the accolades.

TL;DR - SX OS IS BETTER MORE SIMPLY PRESENTED THAN ATMOSPHERE OTHER CFW SOLUTIONS CURRENTLY AND LAZINESS/IGNORANCE ARE BOTH TOTALLY FACTORS BOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIS /sbut really the creators deserve your full support and really should be given credit when their work is used

PS: I know this won't change anything, but pointlessly yelling at each other and insulting each other does nothing. Blind support has had a... bad track record in history, so how about we not?

Last edited by Alexgamer415,

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
And for me, I like the see the cheap (I have 300 USD to buy a switch, but I don't have 30 USD for SX stuff) peasants raging and losing their shit at every SX OS update. Another nice side effect of SX OS :)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm i smell a ban soon anyways has any of those 1,204 post been helping or contributing to temp just curious yes i rant ALOT (mostly recently) but i also help fellow forum members if their stuck on something or need help

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
hmmmm i smell a ban soon anyways has any of those 1,204 post been helping or contributing to temp just curious yes i rant ALOT (mostly recently) but i also help fellow forum members if their stuck on something or need help

You will get a gold medal and a free hug, good job.

I have been more interested in interacting with the lead on Lakka on my side, and retroNX. Choose your destiny...

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sadly depends on the country. In the Czech Republic (always have to mention it :P ), pirating = copying (downloading) and sharing. So if you just download the game for your own use (from a third party/legal source), with no intention of sharing it, it is legal, thus you are not pirating anything.
Which means I can download how many games I want, if it is from "legal" source, it is just downloading.
I'm willing to bet you have no idea what the laws of your country are and your post is just a childish excuse to pirate video games.

carlosray01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That's not what you've done here.
You've portrayed everybody who likes SX OS in a very stereo typical way that only haters see them as.

"NSPs suck, they take extra double the amount of storage in my sd card. When using xci's are just far superior because it takes less storage and is safer than NSP. TX wins baby"
Comments like this just show how 1 sided your view is and how you are not willing to see it from each perspective. It's almost as if you feel you can see both views simply because you're able to write a wall of text, when in fact the whole purpose of this thread is for you to whine.

I'll use myself as an example of how to be open and unbiased.

I have the SO OX because I leave for work at 5am every morning and get home at roughly 6pm. I am tired when I get home so don't want to be researching all the different ways to play backups. On top of this, the main person who plays my Switch is my daughter so I need something that she can easily use. Every now and then I go onto the SX website, download the updated .bin and swap it on the SD card. Simples...

I am not against atmosphere and when it is released if I have time off I will probably dabble with it. Where possible I will use open source solutions, I like them, have supported them in the past for other consoles and feel that is the way forward. I am unhappy about any stolen code in SX but at the end of the day having a nice all in 1 solution fits with what I needed.

Myself and many others here use SX OS because it fits with their needs, not because they hate other CFW. Saying somebody hates any CFW over another is just ridiculous and childish, I doubt any of the SX users here are against Atmosphere. It seems to me that people who don't use SX OS have a stick up their arse because all I see is them complaining and spouting off information that everybody already knows. If a CFW does the job then that's it, end of story. It really doesn't matter to 99% people which CFW they use as long as it works and does what they need.

Now please, stop filling each SX OS update thread with spam. People like myself need to check these threads and make sure the updates work correctly and spamming them with useless repeated rhetoric doesn't help.

Thank you.
Nailed it...i completely agree with you man..

Reactions: aerios169

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONLY reason I use SX OS:
XCI backups
Closed source

I'm fully aware of the stolen code found in the binaries, and putting closed sourced homebrew software behind a paywall for a product that contains open source code is definitely something I am against.

That being said, SX OS's greatest weakness seems to also be it's strength in safety. Closed source code = greater ban avoidance as N may not be able to check for it as easily as they could with open source code.

That being said, I would much rather be using open source firmware with my own custom patches and kernel modules. Once the bans finally catch up to SX OS, I'm dropping it like a hot potato and coming home to power user firmware as there is nothing for me to lose at that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a