Hacking Switch Update 3.0.1

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you can't say that @astronautlevel isn't a known hacker? Lmao

Okay, wasn't trying to be mean, I'll still only take the word from people SciresM, qluuto, Aurora etc. who have actually done major stuff. I can't find anything of note from this person and his follower count doesn't make it seem like he's someone who's known.

Last edited by whateverg1012,
Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck is this? :wtf:

Complete These Steps:
  1. Ensure the console has the latest system update. The steps below apply to system menu version 3.0.1 or higher.
  2. Set the Auto-Sleep mode to "Never" for "Playing on Console Screen" and for "Connected to TV."
  3. Connect the AC adapter directly to the console until the battery is fully charged.
    • If the battery charge indicator does not reach 100%, simply allow the console to charge for approximately three hours.
    • The console can be in use while it is charging.
  4. Once the battery is fully charged, leave the console alone for one hour with the AC adapter still connected to it.
  5. Afterward, disconnect the AC adapter and allow the console to display the HOME Menu for approximately three to four hours.
    • The remaining battery life must be depleted as much as possible.
  6. Once the battery charge is almost depleted, power off the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Turn Off." Leave the console alone for at least 30 minutes.
  7. Repeat steps 2 - 6 several times.
    • The battery charge indicator will improve gradually by repeating this process several times.

Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, please contact us for support by clicking here.

All this is to fix the charge display not being accurate, and requires a update to do it? Does anyone have any issues with the inaccurate charge percent display? :blink:

Reactions: Shadowfied

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS nightly site, BootNTR, StarUpdater...

Never used any of those except bootntr.

But BootNTRSelector was made by Nanquitas, and the github page shows the original BootNTR as being made by "44670" :unsure:

All this is to fix the charge display not being accurate, and requires a update to do it? Does anyone have any issues with the inaccurate charge percent display? :blink:

I did once, but it's working fine now after a reset.

Last edited by whateverg1012,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of any of those apps except bootntr.

But BootNTRSelector was made by Nanquitas, and the github page shows the original BootNTR as being made by "44670
Don't worry about it, he is closely associated with lumaCFW, he told me so himself. :)

I did once, but it's working fine now after a reset.
So was the display inaccurate at all on 3.0.0? I never had much problem, maybe once when I had it on dock charging over night and checked it and displayed 99% but it wasn't a big deal. Anyway I may try this... Seem tedious to be honest. Those directions says to update the system, then charge the battery to full then purposely deplete it and then charge it again. O_O

Reactions: whateverg1012

SonyNintendoGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, wasn't trying to be mean, I'll still only take the word from people SciresM, qluuto, Aurora etc. who have actually done major stuff. I can't find anything of note from this person and his follower count doesn't make it seem like he's someone who's known.

He's known around gbatemp, but not beyond that, so nbd if you don't know him.
Still a trustworthy dude tho, he's done good but minor stuff for the 3ds scene and revealed the unbanmii "virus"

Now if you said smea wasn't a known dev you'd deserve a smackin'

Last edited by SonyNintendoGamer1,

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my fucking god you guys, somehow turning a switch update discussion into a debate about popularity.

Sorry my innocuous comment wasn't so innocuous I guess lol

So was the display inaccurate at all on 3.0.0? I never had much problem, maybe once when I had it on dock charging over night and checked it and displayed 99% but it wasn't a big deal. Anyway I may try this... Seem tedious to be honest. Those directions says to update the system, then charge the battery to full then purposely deplete it and then charge it again. O_O

Not worth the hassle, 99% isn't a big deal, mine was really off, jumping from 50% to 20% and charging incredibly slowly.

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "nuclear" option: Rebuild every title, every time. Downside is this increases the download size.
Another downside is that people who still have internet just as fast as Dial-Up(a huge amount of people where I live have internet like that) will have to wait a long while for updates to finish downloading. Re-downloading basically the whole OS every time a little patch is not efficient. It is also bad for people on metered connections.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ouch. This is usually an android problem on pre-marshmallow phones. The steps to fix it are even the same.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not a secret, of course Switch is using an Android based OS, system menu already show us that. Plus fact that this is an ARM architecture using Tegra X1... So yes basically Switch isn't much more than an Android tablet... Or if you prefer nothing more than an expensive Shield Tablet...

Last edited by Kleyon,
D

Deleted User

Any word on if it's safe to update yet or not?

Damn you Nintendo... updating before Sonic Mania come out.....

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a secret, of course Switch is using an Android based OS, system menu already show us that. Plus fact that this is an ARM architecture using Tegra X1... So yes basically Switch isn't much more than an Android tablet... Or if you prefer nothing more than an expensive Shield Tablet...

No it isn't. That proof turned out to be false. When CM turned Nintendo down, Nintendo dropped the idea to use android. The Switch is using a modified version of the 3DS system software.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean they are not using ports of outdated code from android thrown in there.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just some assumption concerning a 3DS based OS (for just some code referring to 3DS OS name). And for sure some Android stuff is used, system menu is basically what every android device have. Maybe it isn't a 100% android OS but based on it. Seriously, like I said, Switch is nothing more than a Nintendo Shield tablet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE