Hacking Switch Update 3.0.1

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just update, there won't be any homebrew (lol) for a very long time.

Also, I can confirm that this update fixes stability!

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update, there won't be any homebrew (lol) for a very long time.

Also, I can confirm that this update fixes stability!

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

I read a comment by you saying emulators aren't fun, that varies from person to person, plus reason we all want emulators on the Switch is because of portable multi-player, being able to play old games with friends on the go is amazing, no longer do we need a TV, for it will be with us all the time. Plus portable Dreamcast will be awesome.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, i guess only way i gonna play mhxx demo in a week is to update, right?

Sent from my X900+ using Tapatalk

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will wait till i get more information ^^
Maybe they patched the secret browser or the JoyCon Tool
Iunno. I'm tempted to update and test, but I'd rather stay on 3.0.0. The JoyCon thing won't be patched because that's part of the controllers and not the system. More likely would be the browser, although I doubt they'd remove it
I'm sure someone else tested already but
the browser does work, and the only way they could patch the joycons thing is well, they likely would be best going down the route of pushing a update for the firmware on the joycons themselves, which there isn't as far as I have seen, all the update on the switch itself could do is check what colors are available and reject joycons not of the available colors, though this forces users to update to use new controllers and some might not have much internet access leaving them screwed if they can't update and get new colors of joycon

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure someone else tested already but
the browser does work, and the only way they could patch the joycons thing is well, they likely would be best going down the route of pushing a update for the firmware on the joycons themselves, which there isn't as far as I have seen, all the update on the switch itself could do is check what colors are available and reject joycons not of the available colors, though this forces users to update to use new controllers and some might not have much internet access leaving them screwed if they can't update and get new colors of joycon
Well if the system just rejects invalid colors, couldn't the user just change the color back to normal using the included values in the program?

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Indeed, the only way to stop users changing colors on joy-cons is a joy-con firmware update that will restrict writing on the factory configuration sector.
But I don't think that Nintendo minds this, as it can't cause a crash by writing whatever you want. By my tests, everything is checked for valid values.

So this ain't happening for now (maybe never). Also it will make it difficult to refurbish joy-cons, because then they will need custom uart to serial adapters to update them, which can't happen because of cost and risk of leaking outside.

Lastly, there are reports of blank configuration data coming out from repairs. So an update to reject these joy-cons will give more trouble to Nintendo.
You can change the color back if rejects happen, but still, there's no way Nintendo will keep a database of tens millions of joy-cons into the Switch FW.

By my experience, I saw many identical (same color, same model [Left or Right]) joy-cons having different letters on serial numbers (instead of only different numbers).
The MAC address which is not writable by easy means, is also semi-random in joy-cons.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if the system just rejects invalid colors, couldn't the user just change the color back to normal using the included values in the program?
but it means there limited to only the colors available, minor inconveniences, mwahahahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: