jamb84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I'm looking for some technical advice. I have a patched V1 Erista model switch. Was working fine. Installed hwfly core modchip and now can boot only to hekate. Cannot boot CFW or OFW. After removing the chip I still can't boot into OFW. I don't even get to the nintendo logo and it is not in RCM mode.

I have checked the caps and they look fine and I can't see any other damage either. I have tried a rebuild of the nand which hasn't done anything either.

With logging turned on in hekate it goes through all the initialisation correctly and shows "rebuilt and loaded pkg2" followed by "booting" before going to a black screen.

I've explained all of this to a local console repairer who believes he could fix it, which makes me think the symptoms are common to a specific issue but I can't find anything that has helped me yet.

I feel that I could repair it if I could figure out what the cause was, and since the repairer thinks it is still repairable I believe this should be possible.

Does anyone know of anything specific I could check or attempt to try to get this booting again?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking for some technical advice. I have a patched V1 Erista model switch. Was working fine. Installed hwfly core modchip and now can boot only to hekate. Cannot boot CFW or OFW. After removing the chip I still can't boot into OFW. I don't even get to the nintendo logo and it is not in RCM mode.

I have checked the caps and they look fine and I can't see any other damage either. I have tried a rebuild of the nand which hasn't done anything either.

With logging turned on in hekate it goes through all the initialisation correctly and shows "rebuilt and loaded pkg2" followed by "booting" before going to a black screen.

I've explained all of this to a local console repairer who believes he could fix it, which makes me think the symptoms are common to a specific issue but I can't find anything that has helped me yet.

I feel that I could repair it if I could figure out what the cause was, and since the repairer thinks it is still repairable I believe this should be possible.

Does anyone know of anything specific I could check or attempt to try to get this booting again?

Long shot, but maybe your eMMC is loose? In Hekate, you will find it under console info —> eMMC. It should show you if it’s coming online properly and display the boot0/1 partitions as well as your USER partition table.

jamb84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Long shot, but maybe your eMMC is loose? In Hekate, you will find it under console info —> eMMC. It should show you if it’s coming online properly and display the boot0/1 partitions as well as your USER partition table.
I wish that were the case, but I can read and write the emmc perfectly fine in hekate, and the issue still persists without the chip installed with the emmc plugged back into it's slot.

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish that were the case, but I can read and write the emmc perfectly fine in hekate, and the issue still persists without the chip installed with the emmc plugged back into it's slot.
Hmmmm. No recent upgrades or surprise burnt fuses? I know hekate bypasses fuse checking but running out of ideas…

jamb84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmmm. No recent upgrades or surprise burnt fuses? I know hekate bypasses fuse checking but running out of ideas…
Lol. you and me both. it's running 15.0.1 firmware, 7 burnt fuses. so it seems correct. i'm at a loss. i can't understand why it seems to go through all the phases correctly and then nothing.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. you and me both. it's running 15.0.1 firmware, 7 burnt fuses. so it seems correct. i'm at a loss. i can't understand why it seems to go through all the phases correctly and then nothing.
Correct. You’re still at 6.x level fw for fuses so that’s not it.
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

Do you have a recent backup of your Sysnand?

Anyone else have better ideas?

jamb84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Correct. You’re still at 6.x level fw for fuses so that’s not it.

Do you have a recent backup of your Sysnand?

Anyone else have better idea
I did have backup, and i did try that, but after no luck with that one i tried a full rebuild which also didn't work.

i really hope someone has some ideas cause i'm baffled.
Post automatically merged:

I did have backup, and i did try that, but after no luck with that one i tried a full rebuild which also didn't work.

Oh. sorry. I just realised i missed the 1 - 17 fuses. my apologies.

sorry. i'm not sure i understand your reaction. 17 fuses is correct for this ofw.

Last edited by jamb84,
  • Wow

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sorry. i'm not sure i understand your reaction. 17 fuses is correct for this ofw.
Just responding to the fact that you already restored from backup and even did a full rebuild. :-o

yes, 17 fuses is correct for 15.x. :-)

jamb84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just responding to the fact that you already restored from backup and even did a full rebuild. :-o

yes, 17 fuses is correct for 15.x. :-)
Oh right sorry. I forgot about the merging of messages. Yeah I really think it's hardware but if I can't figure out where I'll probably have to try this repair guy. Just expensive because he charges more for people who tried diy first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They're single until the kid needs a new diaper