Hacking Switching from SX OS to Atmosphere and running into several errors

tinnie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, noob here with too many problems and questions that I decided to made my own thread instead of using the noob one. Hope it's alright.

So I recently got a Mariko switch with SX OS but in my lack of knowledge and general stupidity, I managed to update my SFW to 11.0.1 which is not currently supported by SX OS. Thankfully just a few days later the new Atmosphere came out that can be run on Mariko Switches and thanks to this guide that was shared on this forum I managed to get Atmosphere on my Switch but since I didn't have emunand created, in the part of the guide about migrating emuMMC I created emunand (not sure if this is very important to my issue or irrelevant).

After successfully loading everything I found out that only 2 of the many games I had previously installed were able to run, the rest of them having the cloud icon over them, saying that the software data is not downloaded. So in my attempt to get things to work, after making sure I have the sigpatches, I deleted some of the games and using tinleaf and NS-USBloader (like I did before on SX OS) I attempted to install them again from my computer. I tried installing 3 games and all of them had the icon disappear but I was only able to run one of them, the other two giving me yet another issue and saying "you must have the software in order to play", as if only the update installed and not the game itself (the one game that did work didn't have any issues). So I try again, delete the game, repeat the install process but only trying to install the base game. However, suddenly during the installation I got an error 2168-0001 and the console asked me to reboot. After I rebooted, there is a blank icon where the game should be and I can't press + to delete it. At this point I think I tried again in case it was a fluke but pretty much the same thing happened. Well, actually I think I was able to get a game to install but it still wouldn't run. And then I got another "blank" square.

Then I went to the setting and found out that my microSD is only showing 1GB free. So thinking the sudden lack of space could be causing issues, I go on to delete some games that I can't run anyway, when the console yet again gives me an error, this time 2002-3502 and asks me to reboot. So I do, come back, manage to delete some games but in the setting I'm still stuck on 1GB free.

Anyway, I clearly don't know what I'm doing at this point. Did the SD card got corrupted? Should I reformat it and start again? Or is there something I'm doing wrong just don't know about it?

Last edited by tinnie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, noob here with too many problems and questions that I decided to made my own thread instead of using the noob one. Hope it's alright.

So I recently got a Mariko switch with SX OS but in my lack of knowledge and general stupidity, I managed to update my SFW to 11.0.1 which is not currently supported by SX OS. Thankfully just a few days later the new Atmosphere came out that can be run on Mariko Switches and thanks to this guide that was shared on this forum I managed to get Atmosphere on my Switch but since I didn't have emunand created, in the part of the guide about migrating emuMMC I created emunand (not sure if this is very important to my issue or irrelevant).

After successfully loading everything I found out that only 2 of the many games I had previously installed were able to run, the rest of them having the cloud icon over them, saying that the software data is not downloaded. So in my attempt to get things to work, after making sure I have the sigpatches, I deleted some of the games and using tinleaf and NS-USBloader (like I did before on SX OS) I attempted to install them again from my computer. I tried installing 3 games and all of them had the icon disappear but I was only able to run one of them, the other two giving me yet another issue and saying "you must have the software in order to play", as if only the update installed and not the game itself (the one game that did work didn't have any issues). So I try again, delete the game, repeat the install process but only trying to install the base game. However, suddenly during the installation I got an error 2168-0001 and the console asked me to reboot. After I rebooted, there is a blank icon where the game should be and I can't press + to delete it. At this point I think I tried again in case it was a fluke but pretty much the same thing happened. Well, actually I think I was able to get a game to install but it still wouldn't run. And then I got another "blank" square.

Then I went to the setting and found out that my microSD is only showing 1GB free. So thinking the sudden lack of space could be causing issues, I go on to delete some games that I can't run anyway, when the console yet again gives me an error, this time 2002-3502 and asks me to reboot. So I do, come back, manage to delete some games but in the setting I'm still stuck on 1GB free.

Anyway, I clearly don't know what I'm doing at this point. Did the SD card got corrupted? Should I reformat it and start again? Or is there something I'm doing wrong just don't know about it?
How is your SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but how did they go bankrupt?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or rather, why?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm about to buy a $200 flash cart
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I have a 256GB card in my 3DS lol
    It's a New 3DS XL so it's still under warranty... If it ever breaks gonna make Nintendo fix it lol You said it was new.... For eternity!!!
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol